IGNORED

Vectron

Just played Vectron for first time today. After a few reads of manual, and plays...

I think I finally got the idea of how to play... is it me or is level 4 impossible? :ponder:

Do you guys prefer the Freestyle or Standard mode for building energy boxes?

I like the standard, because it lets you have an idea what blocks aren't complete yet...

I just go around in a circle trying to fill everything in.

Nasties sure can get things destroyed in a hurry... :P Any tips on killing them??

I usually swing the green box around to zap them.. but maybe it's better to shoot???

The stupid planet thing sometimes turns yellow... is it good to hit it, BEFORE it turns yellow,

does that help stop it, because when they turn yellow I lose a life before I even can think!

My top score is, 45,300. so far. level 4.

This games addicting, too bad it's not easier or had more lives.

• Like 1

For level 1-3, the "planet" is not what u should be worrying about, worry about the flying "bat" thingies...

Red ones can be hit by the Energy Block without problem, however, when the planet turns yellow, it means the bats will turn yellow. Once they are yellow, if you do NOT have an orange energy valve in your energy block when they hit ur toast. This also goes into effect on Level 4-6, the Yellow big enemy kills your Energy Block on touch (unless u have the orange energy vial IN the EB). The Reds can be dispatched normally.

For level 1-3, the "planet" is not what u should be worrying about, worry about the flying "bat" thingies...

Red ones can be hit by the Energy Block without problem, however, when the planet turns yellow, it means the bats will turn yellow. Once they are yellow, if you do NOT have an orange energy valve in your energy block when they hit ur toast. This also goes into effect on Level 4-6, the Yellow big enemy kills your Energy Block on touch (unless u have the orange energy vial IN the EB). The Reds can be dispatched normally.

I forgot their name, but we can called them the red (nasties) yeah, aim isn't the easiest, but seems the way to go to kill them with energy beams.. or rotating the green energy box. Collect Orange Pak's past level 3... so that I don't get killed right off from a sudden yellow changed planet.

Your supposed to be building a space station in each space presented to you (in 2x2 blocks, no less)... When in doubt, red meanies can be rammed (at least till lvl 30) and yellow dont let em touch your block (unless u got the Orange energy tank that comes in from the top left).

Yes, there are 100 levels in this blasted thing, and I got there once, the bastards took out the ending promised and just made it a “congratulations!” lol

Your supposed to be building a space station in each space presented to you (in 2x2 blocks, no less)... When in doubt, red meanies can be rammed (at least till lvl 30) and yellow dont let em touch your block (unless u got the Orange energy tank that comes in from the top left).

Yes, there are 100 levels in this blasted thing, and I got there once, the bastards took out the ending promised and just made it a “congratulations!” lol

WOW! made it all the way to 100 you did?! That's amazing. What's the best technique to do?

Hold the fire button down, and build as quick as you can? Or take it easy, pace moves,

and build using Freestyle? I been holding the button down, and trying to do as fast as I can....

got to level 5... and bonus block tonight. Anything yellow is bad, I try to shoot them yellow objects

and leave the red alone, and work my block into those to destruct 'em... I think shooting the red, makes them

rebound too fast, or is it best to destroy all nasties along the way??

Here's my best score so far,

post-3059-126939140078_thumb.jpg

62,800 for where ur at is not bad at all :) Your next Bonus Energy Block is after Lvl 8.. The lvl 10 baddie is a real blasted pain, as it is seeking of your EB, and will drain/kill it quickly if you let it.

Ah, thanks. I think it's the diamondback which is the nastie you speak of.

I don't look forward to that one! lol. But Vectron with practice.. is a fun game.

Shame it doesn't have the (Lock N Chase) 5 lives to start out with deal.

A difficulty setting would also help... Vectron is like a tough NES game.

The controls on the actual machine (INTV) are really ideal for this game, playing this game on an emulator is PAINFUL beyond belief!

Glad I have Vectron on the original INTV hardware. :D This game is soon becoming a favorite

of mine for the Intellivision.

New score...108,900 lost on level 7, I think.

Diamondbacks are innocent looking, but lethal.

post-3059-126967619098_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Not bad, remember with them you can have them in for a few seconds without trouble, longer than that, buh-bye EB! During the DiamondBack group is the first time I go free-style to get the EB out of the way of those 'lil bastards!

Yeah, I got to the Diamondbacks again. (Man level 6 is tough the last (splitter) round. Those yellow buggers really can destroy you if u miss the E-Pak.

With getting passed that one, I hit the level I couldn't pass, the 1st of the Diamondback level 7, I think.

I tried the Freestyle mode, couldn't get it to work well, I kinda flied around and got slaughterd the three times I tried that. Next time, 4th time... I just tried to fill in those E-blocks as fast as I could, and it worked! I had to kill some Diamonds to get it, but using the E-Pak, and shooting a few Diamondbacks I got through it, I used the same technique for the next two levels and got passed them!! The E-Pak's are vital in the diamondback stage because it allows you to fill everything eventually... since those Diamonds cannot kill you by touching...I did go to Freestyle but ONLY to get the orange E-Paks. I also relied on fast speed building. But that last part

of level 9, I must have gotten 6 orange E-Pak's and took LOOONG time to finish!

:twisted:

New score, 231,890 I lost on level 10... I looked at the back of the game box and it says, try to get passed level 10 "we dare you" AGH! almost... :P I was one e-block away, by then I was feelin' my hands shake. So, I kinda fatigued out of the game.

Just when I think I can't get further, I somehow pushed myself and did.

post-3059-126998963183_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

Bravo, you're getting me the itch to pull out my old Vectron cart and play again... but congrats... Your coming into Vectron realities rather quickly, and thats BUILD QUICKLY AND HAVE THOSE ORANGE ENERGY PAKS :)

Cheers, thanks again cparsley. Yeah, I can't imagine playing without the orange E-Paks'. I played Vectron again today and got a few scores again over 200,000. So I am mastering the first quarter of this game! :thumbsup: Only 2 Nasties I haven't seen yet, the Reeds s/p? and the Prisums.

On the subject, I looked up TwinGalaxies.com (video games high score site) and the Vectron hasn't been touched but only 1 person, and the score is a flimsy 16,300. Have a look...

Too bad Twingalaxies do not accept high score pictures. It's not like u can cheat with this game, as

there's no difficulty settings or level selecting.

post-3059-127025272764_thumb.jpg

A lot of INTV games have unfortunately not been touched in the past several years, so I'm not suprised on the flimsy Vectron score.

God I suck (and it shows A) How long it's been since I've played Vectron and B) How terrible it is to play it via Nostalgia) getting stuck at about the 55k score (the Yellow birds into Red 2 pieces set) NOW, if I can find my physical Vectron cart :)

A lot of INTV games have unfortunately not been touched in the past several years, so I'm not suprised on the flimsy Vectron score.

God I suck (and it shows A) How long it's been since I've played Vectron and B) How terrible it is to play it via Nostalgia) getting stuck at about the 55k score (the Yellow birds into Red 2 pieces set) NOW, if I can find my physical Vectron cart :)

Well man, I bet you'd score better with the real hardware/game console. I hate those nasties btw.

SPLITTERS, the yellow/red split in two kind that you speak of. (Levels 4-6) Untill the blue meanines it's the toughest one. Mainly level 6.. 6 is the toughest level besides 9 for me. Oh oh! I got to level 12, a few days ago...

here's the score,

311,etc,... lol.

post-3059-127067196778_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...