IGNORED

GONE: Mint Lynx 2 system

Slor

This is a complete Atari Lynx 2 system in mint condition - all original packaging, manuals, etc. Even the box is in great shape. As a matter of fact, it's only NOT being listed as NIB because I opened it myself, put batteries in, and tried it out. $150 + shipping? Photos upon request.

thanks!

James

Edited by Slor

I am in the market for a Lynx but at $150 I can buy a brand new one from Carl at Songbird... I'm pretty sure I can find a new one from another website (Best Maybe?) for much less.

And your subject line had me really interested... then I started reading and was like... "This is what I want!".... and then I saw the price. Oh well... best of luck!

I am in the market for a Lynx but at $150 I can buy a brand new one from Carl at Songbird... I'm pretty sure I can find a new one from another website (Best Maybe?) for much less.

And your subject line had me really interested... then I started reading and was like... "This is what I want!".... and then I saw the price. Oh well... best of luck!

Best has refurbed ones for $45 with 90 day warranty

Perhaps we can get past the wows and yikes and make a suggestion what I should be asking for it? As I mentioned, I would call it NEW if I hadn't opened it to verify its functionality (I WAS going to use it myself, but I found that I never had much interest), and my asking price was a bit less than what I paid for it. I'm not looking to rip anyone off - as with anything I sell, "or best offer" can by inferred. So, if someone is interested then feel free to send me a PM to make an offer, ask for pics, whatever. Or, I guess you guys can wow and yikes some more if that floats your boat.

James

• Like 1

Perhaps we can get past the wows and yikes and make a suggestion what I should be asking for it? As I mentioned, I would call it NEW if I hadn't opened it to verify its functionality (I WAS going to use it myself, but I found that I never had much interest), and my asking price was a bit less than what I paid for it. I'm not looking to rip anyone off - as with anything I sell, "or best offer" can by inferred. So, if someone is interested then feel free to send me a PM to make an offer, ask for pics, whatever. Or, I guess you guys can wow and yikes some more if that floats your boat.

James

WoW!icon_eek.gif

icon_razz.gif

NIB examples, when they had 'em not too long ago, seemed to hover around the $80-$100 mark from reputable dealers like BEST and they usually come with a few games (that are usually new as well, if just considered "pack-ins"). You can expect a little more if you have a new CIB first generation Lynx ($125-$195?). For some reason, it's always trickier asking full price for something when you're not a dealer. Might have something to do with that warranty thing. Personally, I think expecting a warranty on something like this is silly, so I'd rather purchase on the cheap when people are willing to forego the formality. Then again, caps are starting to go bad on these portables, so having a warranty where you get to exchange a few units until you get a "good" one might appeal to some. lol

Economy is in the shit right now and dedicated forums like this are not the place to be asking top dollar anyway - as you've experienced and what I mean by that is people are less likely to want to gouge in the forums. Unless you've got something uncommonly rare or better that a few here might go out of their way to afford, but that's a different story.

I think an asking price of $75 would be a pretty good median - IMHO. That way at least, you can get your time wasted by everyone asking for pics and THEN trying to talk you down or offer trade bait for stuff you have no interest in. :lol:

We've all low-balled or offered similar "goodies" though :ponder:

Edited by save2600