IGNORED

Who's looking to get all the ColecoVision Games Library?

retroillucid

What are you missing?

Maybe I can help you, I do have a few carts here

Gotta love this site, everyone is so damn friendly! Having seen the prices that CIB games go for I'll just play games on my incoming AtariMax & pick up the ones I enjoy! I am also determined to produce some Parker Bros style boxes for those crappy Telegames re-releases. :)

And defo gonna concentrate on getting as many of the excellent homebrews as possible ;)

Edited by Gaztee
  • Like 1

Gotta love this site, everyone is so damn friendly! Having seen the prices that CIB games go for I'll just play games on my incoming AtariMax & pick up the ones I enjoy! I am also determined to produce some Parker Bros style boxes for those crappy Telegames re-releases. :)

And defo gonna concentrate on getting as many of the excellent homebrews as possible ;)

Look forward to seeing what you come up with as far as custom boxes for the TeleGames re-releases. A number of people have already made some really nice 1-Piece boxes for a good number of TeleGames releases, so if you are interested, let me know and I can post some pics for your viewing pleasure. I think Marc Oberhausser still has some available on his website as well.

What are you missing?

Maybe I can help you, I do have a few carts here

Thanks for the offer! I'll keep you in mind once I rebuild some funds. I've been a little loose in the wallet on ebay lately so I think I'm going to slow down a bit for now but I definitely have the remaining few carts for the Colecovision on my radar in the near future!

Does this look like a complete release list??

http://www.classic-consoles-center.at/colecovision/colecovision-ntsc-and-pal-games-list

Could/should be the basis for our very own 125 club :)

Here is what I have come up with as far as ORIGINAL/UNIQUE releases for the ColecoVision:

- 129 U.S. releases

- 1 U.S. very limited release (Caterpillar S.O.S.)

- 7 Foreign/Canadian releases (Evolution, Super Action Football/Soccer, 4 Bit Corp. titles, Castelo (but this one might have only been a rom))

- 5 TeleGames releases (Skiing, Amazing Bumpman, Rock'N Bolt, Alcazar, Boulder Dash)

That's a total of 142 original/unique releases made for the ColecoVision thru 1986. Then there are countless variations (U.S., French/Canadian, CBS, TeleGames re-releases, Bootleg, etc.) and numerous Prototype and In-House carts, but these wouldn't be counted in the grand total like this list you linked counts the single and double-ender releases of the Xonox games.

So, I think the club should be named the "129 Club" and then there would be a special addendum to the list to account for the other 13.

• Like 2

Jim,

You should also add, Energy Quiz

Kind of similar to SOS CAT, but it was made for an Electricity Company named: Hydro Quebec

Toby had that cart at some point!

Was in 2000 according to what he told me

"Funny" thing is I do know who own this cart now, and he is a member here on AtariAge

Another treasure hidden in a collector's closet ..... Sad, but true :(

EDIT: I should also add that this same collector do have other rare unreleased prototypes

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

Jim,

You should also add, Energy Quiz

Kind of similar to SOS CAT, but it was made for an Electricity Company named: Hydro Quebec

I keep forgetting about that one and will add it to the Foreign section (foreign to me and others not in Canada that is) as it's in the Prototype section of the list currently.

ED: Seeing as it's been reported as just being a hack of WizMath, it may not count as an Original/Unique title anyway and would fall under the variation classification. Hopefully one day it and other such items will be shared with the rest of the CV Community.

Edited by NIAD

Intellivision collectors consider an "international" title (not originally available in the US) as one of the 125 -- Super Cobra. Maybe the non-US titles should be part of the core.

I think it has always been considered as part of the Original 125 because it was widely released, just not in the US. It was available in Canada too.

I first started a collection of manuals only, and got pretty far with it, but then I scored a bunch of CIB Coleco games on eBay, and I've been trying to complete my collection ever since. I'm not missing much: The only commercial games I'm still looking for CIB are "Motocross Racer / Tomarc The Barbarian" and "Sir Lancelot / Robin Hood", in addition to the untra-rare boxed Bit Corp releases which I'm fairly certain I'll never get my hands on (Meteoric Shower, Tank Wars, Cosmic Crisis). I recently scored a boxed Boulder Dash, but the label on the cartridge is damaged so I'm looking for a replacement cart.

Aside from that, mostly I'm still looking for Daniel Bienvenu's early boxed homebrews:

- Game Pack #1 (the boxed edition is incredibly hard to find)

- Amazing Sssnake

- BUSTin' Out vol. 1

- BUSTin' Out vol. 2

- BUSTin' Out vol. 3

I believe I have at least one copy of just about every other homebrew out there. icon_smile.gif

I can confirm this... because I distributed the BUSTin-Out carts pretty much by myself even if John Dondzila did the cartridges for me at that time. There is one and only one CIB BUSTin' Out vol.3, all the other vol3 ones are all loose due to various factors which includes John D. and my ressources of that time.

Edited by newcoleco

I would eventually like to get all US retail releases CIB, plus the foreign uniques (although I'm on the fence about Bit Corp...), plus the TeleGames titles. I still have a bit of a ways to go, even though I'm at 130 unique titles, 127 of which are CIB (although I'm missing manuals for Alphabet Zoo and Sewer Sam). It's just that these last missing titles are a) very elusive and b) very expensive. Splitting my time and money collecting between Atari 2600/5200/7800, Lynx, Jag, and Vectrex meant that I missed some CV titles over the years.

I would eventually like to get all US retail releases CIB, plus the foreign uniques (although I'm on the fence about Bit Corp...), plus the TeleGames titles. I still have a bit of a ways to go, even though I'm at 130 unique titles, 127 of which are CIB (although I'm missing manuals for Alphabet Zoo and Sewer Sam). It's just that these last missing titles are a) very elusive and b) very expensive. Splitting my time and money collecting between Atari 2600/5200/7800, Lynx, Jag, and Vectrex meant that I missed some CV titles over the years.

...And that's the problem when you're trying to complete collections for multiple systems. Limited funds and a myriad of places to spend! I know I'm actively trying to complete for the 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, O2, Vectrex, Atari 8bit, Vic-20, C64, Astrocade. Channel F, TurboGrafx, and Sega Master. These are just my primaries, there are other systems that I am passively collecting for but still buy the occasional item. If I would focus on one or even a few I could probably finish some things off, but I'm always seeing something that catches my eye for this system or that and end up spreading my collecting money around.

• 2 months later...

Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to get this library:) I'm looking for loose U.S. versions, would love everything CIB but the extra cost is a little too much to tolerate. Is the consensus that the "official" figure is 129? Really glad to have found this forum. Thanks. -Jeremy

Yep, 129 seems to be the magic number.

The only problem with this number is that it leaves out some very good games (see Post #57 by me) like Boulder Dash, Alcazar and Rock'n Bolt... but again, those weren't released until 1986 by TeleGames after the rights were acquired to these finished but unreleased games from Activision and MicroFun.

To simplify matters, let's just stick with games that could be store bought.

I presume that that link has been thoroughly vetted. I am not sure how much maintenance that list/site receives.

On a related note, does the Colecovision FAQ need an update? v4.1 seems to be the latest revision and is pretty thorough, as is v4.0, but its gettin on 8 years old. That has been the only real good compilation of this information that seems to have survived over the years. Wouldnt want to update it willy-nilly though... Perhaps that can be converted into a wiki?

If noone properly records stuff, it seems to get lost over time. Like people sorta forgetting or not knowing that eColeco made cartridge runs of stuff like Yolk's on You, FallGuy etc. while technically being the Official License Holder after the crash. We call them repros but really they were basically the only legit releases of those games, even if some (most?) were unfinished and released as they were. They had the right to copy the roms into new carts, put stickers on them (or make ad-hoc stickers) and release them for sale, which they did; they did not seem to bear any identifying markers to indicate that they were from eColeco though. They didnt "hack" the roms, they owned them and the rights. Fits into that esoteric category like Telegames. Not suggesting this is or isnt or should or shouldnt be in the FAQ but just sayin. I had a post from 2006 or something that I think had a copy/paste from an ecoleco employee email.

As people come and go from the forums, sometimes the information they possess goes with them and memories fade.

Regarding completing the library, I am a purist in terms of getting the 129 complete if that is the current number. I need to do an inventory but I am probably around 110-ish, mostly loose, but a few goodies like CIB SuperSketch in there. Got a YurkieVision and an AtariMax cart to enjoy it on the modern tv in the living room without handling my collection too much.

I also have a Colecovision homebrew collection which is kinda separate in my mind. I have a few gems from over the years (Ms. Space Fury, Steamroller, Dig-Dug, Joust, Pac-Man, Sean Kelly's all-in-one, etc) and mostly interested in the Pixelboy and Opcode releases in the more current era. One of the lucky ones that got in on SGM first run; waited 30 years for that and I dont care that there are only a few games - just as many as PS4! lol... I must say that the current homebrew scene is amazing and is hard to keep up with. Just picked up Lord of the Dungeon from CVZone but missed StarCom I guess.

On a related note, does the Colecovision FAQ need an update? v4.1 seems to be the latest revision and is pretty thorough, as is v4.0, but its gettin on 8 years old.

I have made a few updates a while ago. Everybody's welcome to contribute.

http://www.colecoboxart.com/faq/

Edited by Crapahute