IGNORED

Who's looking to get all the ColecoVision Games Library?

retroillucid

Sorry to dig out an olde thread, but I'm wondering what is considered a complete set for the colecovision?? The Inty guys love their 125 club, is there an equivalent here?? I'm still fairly new round here, but I'm loving playing the coleco!

So anyway, shouldn't there be an equivalent of the 125 club here? It would be nice to see who the special ones here are! :)

A club or thread such as the "125 Club for Inty" would be very fun and should be considered for the ColecoVision just like a Serial Number Database is being considered/worked on. Everyone would have to get together and agree on what should and shouldn't be included or possibly an addendum to the "COMPLETE" list would need to be included for original releases like Alcazar, Rock'N Bolt, Boulder Dash, Skiing, etc.

Well, at least my Collector's List would be a good starting point to weed thru everything. Speaking of that List, I haven't posted any updates in a long while, but after PixelBoy makes his annual X-Mas release of games, I will post a new update that should be as close to 100% complete as possible for all things ColecoVision.

Surely the complete list should be games that were available at retail during the life of the company? With the Jaguar there's a similar debate on wether Battlesphere's part of a complete collection as it was listed before the console died! Same deal with telegames releases post atari!

Would be good to have a 'club' and to be able to see everyone's collections :)

I am close to a complete U.S. CIB collection, only missing boxes and manuals for Logic Levels, Memory Manor, Slurpy and WizMath (I have the loose carts). There are a couple U.S. CIB Variations that I am missing, but pretty much everything else I have in CIB form (systems, controllers, Exp. Mods., controller cables, Super Sketch, etc., etc.). I have to give Yurkie a big shout-out for getting me starting on collecting CIBs.... thanks alot buddy! :P

I don't collect French/Canadian CIBs anymore, rather I have decided to just collect the loose carts that have French/Canadian labels and some that actually have game code variations such as in the title screens. J-F got the ball rolling here for me... thanks alot buddy! ;) Maybe in the future I will revisit making a run at a CIB collection, but for now I have an almost complete collection of loose carts.

As far as CBS Electronics releases, I started and gave up rather quickly on these mainly due to the expense of shipping from overseas. So my CBS CIB collection stands at one, Super Action Football-Soccer, and there is one more that I will eventually buy in CIB form due to the difference in game code. Collecting CBS release loose or CIB may be a consideration way down the road once I have eveything else from above and hopefully most will still be available.

I collect all the Homebrews as well and have a very large collection of these. I am missing a number of releases from the late 90's to mid 2000's, but hopefully one day I will have tracked them all down. It's a war of attrition afterall. :grin:

Thankfully, unlike a lot of others, I don't collect for a wide range of systems. I only collect for the CV & ADAM and my ADAM collection is complete sans some variations.

Thankfully, unlike a lot of others, I don't collect for a wide range of systems. I only collect for the CV & ADAM and my ADAM collection is complete sans some variations.

Jim, while you're waiting for the last few US CIB and homebrew releases to show up, you could get started on an Inty Original 125 CIB collection. :) you know you want to....and I might know a guy that could get you started. :) just sayin.

Jim, while you're waiting for the last few US CIB and homebrew releases to show up, you could get started on an Inty Original 125 CIB collection. :) you know you want to....and I might know a guy that could get you started. :) just sayin.

THANKS, BUT NO THANKS!!!

MY WIFE WOULD KILL ME.

Actually, I have given consideration to collecting another system and that would be the Vectrex. I always wanted one BITD especially after playing it for hours in MusicLand by the H.I.P. (Harlem/Irving Plaza in Chicago/Norridge), but never did get one. Thankfully, if I ever feel the need to play games for the Intellivision or Vectrex, there are plenty of emulation options available and this way my money stays within the CV Community.

• Like 1

Would the Bit Corp titles count towards a complete CV collection? I'm not talking about the Telegames re-releases, I'm talking about the original Bit-90 carts. If yes, then only a handful of people in the world could say they have a truly complete CV collection. And given how many repros of those Bit Corps games (and their boxes) are floating around, I'm not sure it's a good idea to get the "club" thing started...

Would the Bit Corp titles count towards a complete CV collection? I'm not talking about the Telegames re-releases, I'm talking about the original Bit-90 carts. If yes, then only a handful of people in the world could say they have a truly complete CV collection. And given how many repros of those Bit Corps games (and their boxes) are floating around, I'm not sure it's a good idea to get the "club" thing started...

Are the repro's expensive?

If Naid has everything then surely that's a great basis to catalogue a complete collection? I see a patch up coming :)

I would have to consider the Bit Corp. games to be part of that possible ADDENDUM to the list. Afterall, they are original/unique releases so they should somehow be accounted for just like some of the unique TeleGames releases, just not as part of the main list. BTW, the re-releases/repros of the Bit Corp. games made by TeleGames should not be included.

The repros that have been made by Homebrewers are easier to spot now, but I agree that these could present a problem.

I've got an authentic Bit Corp Cosmic Crisis CIB, but beyond that, I couldn't even fathom being lucky enough to obtain any of the other Bit Corp. games CIB. My wife asking me for a romp in the bedroom is actually a better possibility, not by much, but a better possibility nonetheless. :-o

• Like 2

hi im new here i have been referred by JF i started a colecovision collection cib if possible but i have many loose i have an homebrew already but i dont know if im going for the homebrew collecting, we will see glad to be a part of this forum im already on Nintendo age have a good day everyone

• Like 1

I only collect CIB.

I think I've got all the CBS1 and CBS2 models. I'm still missing a few CBS3. I've only got a few CBS4 and only one Spanish clamshell.

Here's a gallery : http://www.colecoboxart.com/mycollection-colecovision.htm (the rest of my collections is in my signature).

Wow!! Off the top of my head I can only think of jungle hunt, galaxian & qbert qubes that aren't in that lot. Was very surprised not to see any of the crappy telegames releases in that lot :D

Awesome collection :) how many original titles left to get??

Add me to the list of folks trying to complete a collection. For me, loose would be fine but CIB preferred. Unfortunately CIB seems to be pricier with the CV than for any of the other platforms I collect so I've already written off a CIB collection for the CV. At the moment I am about 12 games shy of the basic loose set mostly being the crappy 'edutainment' titles. CIB is way off. Only 31 boxed titles unfortunately. :(

Add me to the list of folks trying to complete a collection. For me, loose would be fine but CIB preferred. Unfortunately CIB seems to be pricier with the CV than for any of the other platforms I collect so I've already written off a CIB collection for the CV. At the moment I am about 12 games shy of the basic loose set mostly being the crappy 'edutainment' titles. CIB is way off. Only 31 boxed titles unfortunately. :(

What are you missing?

Maybe I can help you, I do have a few carts here

• Like 1