IGNORED

Game Room

Flojomojo

I got Time Pilot for free with the purchase of some crummy joystick (which I turned into an adapter for a BETTER joystick!). Space Duel is tempting, but I won't bother with the Atari games at ALL the moment I find my copy of Atari Anniversary. Where the hell is it, anyway?

Per GameRoom's Twitter account:

May 26 Game Release: Boxing, Buzz Bombers, Haunted House, Millipede, River Raid, Spider Fighter and Strategy X

RIVER RAID!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing Strategy X and Millipede are the arcade version. I'm definitely getting Strategy X.

Here is the list of games in my arcade right now:

Adventure

Battlantis

Mega Zone

Tutankham

Shark! Shark! (Great game, reminds me of Feeding Frenzy)

Time Pilot (I never bought the Live arcade version)

I'd probably buy Boxing if it was the Intellivision version but I'd guess it's the Activision 2600 one.

No it looked to me like it was the Intellivision one. Definitely not the Activision one. Go to to the arcade and check out the demo monitors.

Deamons to Diamonds is a personal favoirte of mine, I love that game.

I allready have the superior versions of Time Pilot and Asteroids on XBox Live, though.

While I agree about Time Pilot, the XBLA version of Asteroids is a very poor rendition of the arcade original.

While I agree about Time Pilot, the XBLA version of Asteroids is a very poor rendition of the arcade original.

I never played the XBLA version mainly because I heard similar reports from other people. That and the game was never one of my favorites, even if I did used to play it every week at the YMCA break room. Probably because I always sucked hard at it!! LOL

How is the emulation in game room? I was really looking forward to it but then heard that the emulation was terrible so I never even downloaded it. Is it really that bad?

I shouldn't be the person to respond to this, as I haven't forked over any money to the gameroom but its not that bad, its not exactly accurate in some games though so try them out first. I like the gameroom but I just can't invest any money (for the prices they want) in any games.

If the CV is featured someday or the C64 then I may drop a few bucks to support it.

Per GameRoom's Twitter account:

May 26 Game Release: Boxing, Buzz Bombers, Haunted House, Millipede, River Raid, Spider Fighter and Strategy X

RIVER RAID!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing Strategy X and Millipede are the arcade version. I'm definitely getting Strategy X.

Here is the list of games in my arcade right now:

Adventure

Battlantis

Mega Zone

Tutankham

Shark! Shark! (Great game, reminds me of Feeding Frenzy)

Time Pilot (I never bought the Live arcade version)

Moycon, you can expect a river raid challenge from me on the 26th... :D

i hope otheres buy it too.... i'm always up to a challenge people... send them over!

my current game room games are listed below...

-rick

PS... hey moycon did you try yars revenge? it's a great game.

you should try it.... one of my favorite 2600 games..

RDR soon...

Edited by Zeptari1

PS... hey moycon did you try yars revenge? it's a great game.

you should try it.... one of my favorite 2600 games..

RDR soon...

Oh yeah. Yars is a fav of mine. I almost picked it up when it came out, but decided on Adventure, another fav!!!

I got Time Pilot for free with the purchase of some crummy joystick (which I turned into an adapter for a BETTER joystick!). Space Duel is tempting, but I won't bother with the Atari games at ALL the moment I find my copy of Atari Anniversary. Where the hell is it, anyway?

I got that crummy joystick for $8.00 awhile back just for the download codes. I pumped many quarters into Time Pilot and Frogger back in the day. Too bad that version of frogger has enhanced graphics only.

I've wondered what I can do with said crummy joystick to make it more usable. All they did was stick a joystick on a regular analog controller, so it is very loose and sloppy. I've tried to think about ways to restrict it to 8 directions which would help. It might be too much time and expense though. All of those arcade games and the only controllers worth their weight and salt are custom ones that are quite expensive.

How is the emulation in game room? I was really looking forward to it but then heard that the emulation was terrible so I never even downloaded it. Is it really that bad?

You can download Game Room and the "game packs" for free, you can then play a free one time 10 minute demo of every game. So to see for yourself, it's only a potential waste of your time... ;)

The emulation seems good to me, all in all, but I've heard some of the titles are a bit off, but there were titles I had never played in the arcade.

I have purchased Megamania and I plan to get Centipede and Time Pilot.

I got that crummy joystick for $8.00 awhile back just for the download codes. I pumped many quarters into Time Pilot and Frogger back in the day. Too bad that version of frogger has enhanced graphics only.

I've wondered what I can do with said crummy joystick to make it more usable. All they did was stick a joystick on a regular analog controller, so it is very loose and sloppy. I've tried to think about ways to restrict it to 8 directions which would help. It might be too much time and expense though. All of those arcade games and the only controllers worth their weight and salt are custom ones that are quite expensive.

I guess theoretically you could make notches around the edges of the joystick that would prevent it from going in more than just eight different directions. It wouldn't really solve all the problems with this controller, though. You're better off opening it up and soldering in some wires to change it into an adapter for a better stick. That's what I did with mine, and what I'm thinking of doing with my slightly less crappy FightPad.

The new games are available today.

I went crazy and got:

Haunted House

River Raid

Buzz Bombers

Strategy X

and

Spider Fighter

My arcade is very full now.

Is Strategy X the Konami coinop? Or did Intellivision Productions manage to work out a deal with fellow Game Room publisher Konami to release the Intellivision port?

Hope it's the arcade game.

River Raid needs a nice digital joystick. Doesn't work well on the PS2's Dual Shock on Activision Anthology. And that controller at least has a usuable d-pad.

Anyone buy it that has the SFIV pad? Might be more pleasant to play then, although it will never match using a good CX40 with it.

Edited by Atariboy

• 2 weeks later...