IGNORED

Game Room

Flojomojo

I really think it would have been more fun if I had friends that were old school gamers. As I don't know anyone that really uses it much I don't use it much because the coolest part is the challenges, and no friends playing this means no one to challenge.

You can add folks from AA. Add me, my gamertag = moycon.

These are the Game Room games I have:

Adventure

Battlantis

Black Widow

Buzz Bombers

Haunted House

Major Havok

Mega Zone

River Raid

Shark! Shark!

Time Pilot

Tutankham

I really think it would have been more fun if I had friends that were old school gamers. As I don't know anyone that really uses it much I don't use it much because the coolest part is the challenges, and no friends playing this means no one to challenge.

That's a great idea. Add me too: Jindofox

And me -- my gamertag is SoulBlazer07

I have a few AA members on my friends list. Add me:

PerchHunter69

I have:

Black Widow

Gyruss

Scramble

Tempest

Time Pilot

How exactly do the challenges work? I was initially excited about Game Room but read some unfavorable reviews so I haven't really tried it out yet....

You pick a game, then select between a high-score challenge or a survivor challenge, where the winner is the one who stays alive the longest. You can start the challenge from pretty much anywhere in the game (say, everyone starts at level 7 or whatever). Finally, you decide how long the challenge will be active and how many tries each competitor gets then send it off. Everyone you sent the challenge to gets a notice in their message panel on Live, so you don't even need to be all OCD about going into Game Room. It's simple, and the best part about Game Room.

As for the unfavorable reviews. Yes, the whole "Game Room" is a glorified - and very clunky - interface for selecting games. There's very little interaction. It's a room decorating sim at worst, but there are some good games in there and you can demo everything to make sure you like it.

Edited by davepesc

How exactly do the challenges work? I was initially excited about Game Room but read some unfavorable reviews so I haven't really tried it out yet....

You pick a game, then select between a high-score challenge or a survivor challenge, where the winner is the one who stays alive the longest. You can start the challenge from pretty much anywhere in the game (say, everyone starts at level 7 or whatever). Finally, you decide how long the challenge will be active and how many tries each competitor gets then send it off. Everyone you sent the challenge to gets a notice in their message panel on Live, so you don't even need to be all OCD about going into Game Room. It's simple, and the best part about Game Room.

As for the unfavorable reviews. Yes, the whole "Game Room" is a glorified - and very clunky - interface for selecting games. There's very little interaction. It's a room decorating sim at worst, but there are some good games in there and you can demo everything to make sure you like it.

Do you see the other players screen or are you both playing on the same screen like a 2 player game? I wasbunder the impression there is no online multiplayer in game room.

Do you see the other players screen or are you both playing on the same screen like a 2 player game?

You see the results (the score or the time survived) and how many attempts made to reach it.

If they uploaded the game play (which is done by default) you can watch their game, but no you aren't actually taking turns in the game or on the screen at the same time.

I went into game room tonight and a new update was added....

Went into a ranked game of Hero.... guess what?

They added real time in game leaderboards! very interesting....

i like it!

everyone should check this out... it's really cool!

-rick

I went into game room tonight and a new update was added....

Went into a ranked game of Hero.... guess what?

They added real time in game leaderboards! very interesting....

i like it!

everyone should check this out... it's really cool!

-rick

Anyone check this out yet? Some games(HERO)have only the people on my friends list in the

real time leaderboards in ranked games. But other games (Major Havok) have people in the world rankings in the real time leaderbords.... Weird... Why are they different?

-rick

this is really weird....

I bought Tower of Doom. Amazing game, I would have LOVED that game as a kid.

LOL

I had the same thoughts when I tried it. Its kind of like Gateway to Apshai and that was a pretty cool game for the CV.

How do you check the instructions? I had trouble trying to figure out how to attack etc. Kept getting killed by a rat.

I found this: http://www.intvfunhouse.com/games/doom.php#manuals

:)

How do you check the instructions? I had trouble trying to figure out how to attack etc. Kept getting killed by a rat.

I still haven't figured the game out.

I did get pretty dang far tho, I think I played for like 23 minutes my last game and that was only my 3rd time playing.

Seems to me you have to hit the X button and it pulls your inventory. From there you can equip weapons, eat food, drink spells etc...

Once you equip a weapon simply push A and when close to the creature, some weapons it seems you can press A and do a distance attack before you enter the melee round. Sometimes when i try to equip a weapon i throw it instead and when that happens you dont get it back...lame. There is an amazing amount of stuff to find and some kick ass monsters deeper in the tower, thing is I have no clue what I'm picking up most of the time. The turkey leg is easy to figure out, others things...not so easy.

we need to find a scan of the whole manual to get the most out of this game I think.

I know the Game Room has game instructions on games under the profile, I didn't think to check there. I'll do it next time I log in.

This game is easily the best console D&D game of it's time.

I loved Gateway to Apshai on the old Colecovision!

that was the first RPG i ever played!

great stuff!

LOL

I had the same thoughts when I tried it. Its kind of like Gateway to Apshai and that was a pretty cool game for the CV.

I loved Gateway to Apshai on the old Colecovision!

that was the first RPG i ever played!

great stuff!

LOL

I still haven't figured the game out.

I did get pretty dang far tho, I think I played for like 23 minutes my last game and that was only my 3rd time playing.

Seems to me you have to hit the X button and it pulls your inventory. From there you can equip weapons, eat food, drink spells etc...

Once you equip a weapon simply push A and when close to the creature, some weapons it seems you can press A and do a distance attack before you enter the melee round. Sometimes when i try to equip a weapon i throw it instead and when that happens you dont get it back...lame. There is an amazing amount of stuff to find and some kick ass monsters deeper in the tower, thing is I have no clue what I'm picking up most of the time. The turkey leg is easy to figure out, others things...not so easy.

we need to find a scan of the whole manual to get the most out of this game I think.

I know the Game Room has game instructions on games under the profile, I didn't think to check there. I'll do it next time I log in.

This game is easily the best console D&D game of it's time.

Cool thanks! I'll have to go back and try it again.

Speaking of Gateway to Apshai, I also played Temple of Apshai back in the day and this website has a nice scan of the manual etc:

http://www.c64sets.com/temple_of_apshai.html

Anyone remember that advertisement on the bottom page? :P

We need more systems in gameroom!!

:P

Is gameroom ever going to add an Atari 2600 game that is not on the Atari Anthology or Activision Anthology for PS2?

Doubtful. Atari and Activision have pretty much been the only companies enthusiastic about re-releasing their 2600 catalogs. With very few exceptions, even they haven't been keen on titles that would require additional licensing (which means no Pac-Man, no Space Invaders, no Superman, etc.).

As for other companies, Activision controls Imagic's titles and we've actually seen a few of them make it onto the compilations. Atari presumably still controls the Coleco and Parker Bros. back catalog, but virtually all of those titles would require licensing. Epyx, CBS, and all the other little companies, whoever is sitting on those properties probably don't see any profit in doing so... if they even know what they have.

Edited by FujiSkunk

I suspect we'll get some of M Network's 2600 titles that don't require licensing eventually (So something like Astroblast rather then a title like Burgertime).

And Konami had several decent 2600 releases that they'd have available. Although I suspect they might not even realize it.

Of course with the state that Krome Studios is currently in, Game Room might not be around long enough for any of it to matter.

Edited by Atariboy