IGNORED

Making an SNES adapter for Yobo FC3

StoneAgeGamer

I occasionally get asked if I know of any adapters that will allow you to use your SNES controller on the FC3. Well at one point in time I considered making them, but I found that the cost and time to make one adapter would not be practical for the majority of FC3 owners. So here is a list a materials and wiring instructions to make your own. This information assumes you have or know someone with a beginners ability to splice wires.

Materials:

Please note the wire colors for SNES extension cable are only for Hyperkin/Retro-bit SNES Controller Extension Cables. Official or other third party cables may have different wire colors.

post-22510-126945777913_thumb.jpg

The black and green wires on both the FC3 and SNES Extension cable are not needed. Personally I just cut them out completely.

• Like 2

I occasionally get asked if I know of any adapters that will allow you to use your SNES controller on the FC3. Well at one point in time I considered making them, but I found that the cost and time to make one adapter would not be practical for the majority of FC3 owners. So here is a list a materials and wiring instructions to make your own. This information assumes you have or know someone with a beginners ability to splice wires.

Materials:

Please note the wire colors for SNES extension cable are only for Hyperkin/Retro-bit SNES Controller Extension Cables. Official or other third party cables may have different wire colors.

post-22510-126945777913_thumb.jpg

The black and green wires on both the FC3 and SNES Extension cable are not needed. Personally I just cut them out completely.

Be cool to show the FC3 connector on the otherside of this diagram for visa versa conversion.

As requested, would be nice if we could edit topics here.

Sweet. I'll make a post later tonight after I do the justifer gun mod (try to anyhow) as it seems all the lines are there for mod. The black wire that is listed as no use is actually the line used for the NES zapper gun on the FC3 and if I'm correct also for the justifer.

As requested, would be nice if we could edit topics here.

Sweet. I'll make a post later tonight after I do the justifer gun mod (try to anyhow) as it seems all the lines are there for mod. The black wire that is listed as no use is actually the line used for the NES zapper gun on the FC3 and if I'm correct also for the justifer.

Just out of curiosity, have you heard any rumblings of a new FC3 unit? It was a good idea, but just has too many drawbacks for my money... :|

Hyperkin is making one. Information and images are coming out soon, the good news is it does have 2 controller ports compatible with each system's controllers. So that's 2 NES, 2 SNES, & 2 Genesis ports on the system. It does come with wireless controllers, but they are modeled after the Genesis pads so they aren't great for NES and SNES I hear.