IGNORED

TI99/4A find at a thrift shoppe

turboStar

I'll just show you guys in an upload to youtube.

I would fancy myself a TI99 noob with NO experience with the beast.

I'd be tempted to offer a trade if someone were to PM me an offer.

I'd personally LOVE to find me a Tandy CoCo2 somewheres =)

Our favorites were Parsec, Alpiner, Chisholm Trail, Tombstone City and Munchman. You have quite a few goodies there for sure.

Would you be interested in parting with one of your Extended Basics? Maybe some of your other doubles? Shoot me a PM if you are.

Steve

That was indeed a great find. You've got some rare carts in that bunch too. I am extremely envious. The obsessive collector in my wants to get those off you but the "nice guy" part suggests that you keep everything and have a blast with it. The TI is a great system and can be extremely fun.

Getting A/V cables is quite easy. Here's where I've got mine and it's only $5:

http://www.8bitclassics.com/TI-99/Peripherals/5-Pin-DIN-to-RCA-AV-Cable-6-Ft-New.html

• Like 1

TurboStar,

I STRONGLY recommend trying out the TI before you get rid of it. The TI is an excellent gaming system and has some outstanding titles. Q*Bert, Donkey Kong, Popeye, Parsec, TI Invaders (best SI clone ever!), Munchman, and many others! Carts aren't expensive either so getting a cool collection won't take long.

Long live the TI! :)

Coming in late to this thread but that is a great find! I just got a TI-99/4A myself and some of the games are quite fun. What a score for 20 bucks!

My only issue is that I don't have a console where all the keys work. Were these keyboards prone to failure? Is there an easy way to repair them?

I now have three systems (trying to find one that works 100%) and on one of them ONLY the "0" key works, on another about half the keys work and the third all keys work except "8" and "K" (so close).

• 2 weeks later...