IGNORED

Air Raid On Ebay

Tanman

I can understand a higher price, but a 1K plus price? Seems like a waste

OK, yes perspective wise this is a waste to you. But have you really compared prices to other hobbies. Really have you? When you do you get an understanding that spending two or three grand on an item like this is a bargain in comparison. Don't believe me? Check this out.

Here is a manufactured rarity of a baseball card made in 2009. Price Tag $10,0000

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304454918301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230445491830&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is a comic of Thor Vs. Hulk. It is neithers first appearance in a comic. The comic is not even the highest graded. Price tag $4,999.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304505425571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230450542557&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is a tribute to Andrew Carnigie Pen. One of 888 made. Price tag $4,555

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1205331044071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120533104407&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Here is a glass bottle from Northern Pacific Railway. I really see nothing special about this. Price tag $2850

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3802119166351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380211916635&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

See stupid money is spent all the time in other hobbies on a weekly basis. This is nothing new.

Here is a comic of Thor Vs. Hulk. It is neithers first appearance in a comic. The comic is not even the highest graded. Price tag $4,999.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2304505425571?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230450542557&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

See stupid money is spent all the time in other hobbies on a weekly basis. This is nothing new.

I am so digging through my boxes of comics I collected from the 80's. I need to find something I can sell to these people that have lost their minds!

I am so digging through my boxes of comics I collected from the 80's. I need to find something I can sell to these people that have lost their minds!

You don't happen to have a NIB Stadium Events do you?

Anywho... I'll never understand people that spend stupid money on these cartridges. but then, I actually play the games I buy - this is obviously for a collector who has money to burn. Me, I have to spend my money on wacky stuff like food, utilities, etc. Must be nice...

I play the games I buy, too, and that goes for the rare titles. I dislike competing in auctions for sealed/shrinkwrapped titles because I will open them to play them, and these sealed titles typically command higher prices than open box versions. I like to think of my collection as a living one, not a reference or museum quality set, but I think it is useful that those exist. I'm okay with boxes that are a little dinged or a cart that may have a less than pristine label.

That said, I'm getting at the level of trying to acquire only really rare carts, and if I could afford to bid on this I would. I could swing a few hundred bucks, but thousands are out of my reach for now because, like you, I have other priorities (mortgage, student loans). I don't begrudge people spending money on collecting games (or whatever they like to collect, no matter how cheap or expensive the prices are), but I hope that it brings them some enjoyment and hasn't become something like an addiction.

I play the games I buy, too, and that goes for the rare titles.

I'm the same. I only actively go after rarer games that I like to play - bumper bash, spy hunter, tapper, etc.

I only pick up rare games that I probably won't play if they're local and cheap such as the two K-Tel Vision games I picked up recently but I certainly wouldn't want to pay market value for those two because they're just god awful to play.

If you left it in a box since the 80's it's not gonna be in the shape needed to grade high enough for big money. Also 95 percent of comics 1980 or newer don't even sell for the cover price. Cut off for most serious collectors is the end of the silver age (1970) and some dip into the early bronze age (1970 to 1980) but not alot of the bronze age books are "must haves" or big money books as by the mid-bronze age comics started to be overproduced.

Imagine if that person instead donated that money to a worthy cause, like say food and shelter for homeless people, etc.

I guess then, if you find something valuable, you'll be dontaing the proceeds to a "worthy cause"?

• Like 3

I guess then, if you find something valuable, you'll be dontaing the proceeds to a "worthy cause"?

Thanks for taking my post out of context. But to really answer your question; yes! And I do already, on a regular basis, even with my limited funds. Do you?

Imagine if that person instead donated that money to a worthy cause, like say food and shelter for homeless people, etc.

+1 You are right my friend...

Can anyone who owns this game with an operating 2600 tell me if you can briefly see the title "Air Raid" flashed on the screen when you hold down on the reset switch for about one second?

Where did you hear that?

I can understand a higher price, but a 1K plus price? Seems like a waste

OK, yes perspective wise this is a waste to you. But have you really compared prices to other hobbies. Really have you? When you do you get an understanding that spending two or three grand on an item like this is a bargain in comparison. Don't believe me? Check this out.

Here is a glass bottle from Northern Pacific Railway. I really see nothing special about this. Price tag $2850

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3802119166351?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380211916635&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

It's a fire grenade...I've never heard of a fire grenade is. Put em out, start em up, who knows :)

Can anyone who owns this game with an operating 2600 tell me if you can briefly see the title "Air Raid" flashed on the screen when you hold down on the reset switch for about one second?

hmmm... Sounds like I am being setup for something.. :)

Where did you hear this? I wold like to know before I try it out.

I wouldn't recommend it. Some Atari games could get 'fried' by holding down switches. It's been said to happen, I've never tried it so I'm not sure, but our resident 'chip gurus' like Ping or CPU could verify it. Generally the damage wasn't permanent and you could just do weird stuff, but in the case of a game at this price point, be scared to try it. :)

Holding down the reset button for a second isn't going to do anything bad to the cart. Real frying is about rapidly cycling the power.

I haven't heard anything about "Air Raid" appearing on the screen; I would think that, given the discussions about the scan lines the game calls, the source code had been dumped and scrutinized for any sort of clues as to its name and origin.

There is no "Air Raid" inside of the rom.

Holding the reset switch won't damage your cart. I believe you're thinking of it as a power off/on reset. It actually is just a switch. It's up to the game programmer to write code to check the state of the switch and decide what to do afterward.

Cheers,

Omega

There is no "Air Raid" inside of the rom.

Holding the reset switch won't damage your cart. I believe you're thinking of it as a power off/on reset. It actually is just a switch. It's up to the game programmer to write code to check the state of the switch and decide what to do afterward.

Cheers,

Omega

Cool... Still not gona do it... :)

Just was odd that the first post by a new member was asking me to jack with the cartridge..