IGNORED

Nintendos First Videogame Venture

SO i read that Nintendos first venture was to distribute the Magnavox Odyssey system in Japan in 1974. Kind of odd. Does anyone know anything more about this. This console would be a peice of history. It would have stared Nintendo into the market and would also have Spread the odyssey even further away

SO i read that Nintendos first venture was to distribute the Magnavox Odyssey system in Japan in 1974. Kind of odd. Does anyone know anything more about this. This console would be a peice of history. It would have stared Nintendo into the market and would also have Spread the odyssey even further away

Wikipedia mentions the Odyssey link (providing it's accurate) but I was always under the impression that EVR Race was the first video-game related venture.

Related to this, it's interesting to note that Nintendo's first home consoles were the Color TV Game series, from 1977 to '79. Each dedicated console played a type of game.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Color_TV_Game

1977 - Color TV Game 6

contained 6 variations of "Light Tennis" (or Pong)

1978 - Color TV Game 15

15 slightly different versions of Light Tennis

1978 - Color TV Racing 112

bird's-eye-view racing game, steering wheel and gearshift or two small controllers for multiplayer

1979 - Color TV Game Block Breaker

ported version of "Block Breaker", arcade game based on Atari's Breakout

1980 - Computer TV Game

port of Nintendo's first video arcade game, Computer Othello

Edited by johnny_boy

See thats why this kinda matters. If they were involved with odyssey it beat EVR race by a year. Kinda odd. Im trying to confirm this with Ralph Baer. He had never heard of it though that doesnt make it not true

Was it on wikipedia. I read it elsewhere