IGNORED

Heads up about an auction, and my Reef Store Dream

ryanpg

Really now guys, WTF? I know it is well known that I am not a big fan of the occasional peddler with an attitude or mysteries Eli's Ladder box. But come on, had this guy posted about finding a PGP-1, for instance, this thread would have gone somewhere entirely different.

This is what happened:

Stoning.jpg

• Like 4

Probably my last post. Here's my thinking about the pricing:

Oh, I do appreciate those people who've been decent to me, a "noob." It really does take courage to risk being targeted yourself, for associating with a target in such a "community." I remember that well from school myself.

-ry

Heh...I know the feeling...

I think I would had been ok with something among the lines of 'Hey, I found this at the Goodwill, I don't play Atari, so I'm ebaying it, so here's the link, thanks!' instead of the whole 'oh I bought the games it for my students bla bla bla after I tricked a Goodwill employee in letting me pick up the more rare and valuable games' BS story.

That's just me.

I think I would had been ok with something among the lines of 'Hey, I found this at the Goodwill, I don't play Atari, so I'm ebaying it, so here's the link, thanks!' instead of the whole 'oh I bought the games it for my students bla bla bla after I tricked a Goodwill employee in letting me pick up the more rare and valuable games' BS story.

That's just me.

My thoughts exactly.

I think probably the most significant aspect of the OP that irks people is the blatant dishonesty: buying for a student, conning Goodwill employee (and subsequent purchaser), and finally, tricking the reader into reading an advertisement. One of the things I really appreciate about this group is the general interest in being genuine.