IGNORED

Reef Store Dream

ryanpg

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum!

I once had read about the game "Chase the Chuck Wagon." It caught my interest, if only because I get a kick out of rare or odd things. I'm not much of a game collector, or really game player even. But my interest and the mental note I took regarding this game, recently paid off.

I was in my local Goodwill, checking out the locked "electronics case," where I occasionally find decently priced old photo equipment. I noticed five clear plastic bags loaded with what appeared to be atari cartridges. I'm a middle school teacher by day, and one of my students loves the old Atari games. The bags were marked $12.50 each, and I thought maybe I'd grab one for him, just for fun. *I realized, the impropriety of giving gifts to one student - no matter how nifty, or how nice that would be - but I decided to see what may be there anyway.

I noticed a lot of the old classics, defender, space invaders, etc., and then, also a few odd's and ends. Well, lucky for me I knew that unusual Atari games were quite collectible. Not my cup of tea, but I knew others might like them. So I asked to have the case unlocked, and started sorting through. About the third cartridge was Chase the Chuck Wagon. As I said, I remembered that Purina title. Probably from some late night obsessive internetting.

So, now my interest was piqued. I humbly asked the cashier if I could pick 20 or so of my "favorites" and separate them out to two $12.50 bags. "Well, you're not supposed to. But... go ahead," was her response. So any title I had heard of, went back into the glass case. The weirdest and oddest 20 went into my two $12.50 bags.

So, you're all wondering: "what did you get?" Well, there was no Assault, no BMX Airmaster, no River Patrol, but there was:

Deadly Duck

Adventure

Atlantis

Brain Games

Chase the Chuck wagon

circus Atari

Commando Raid

Cosmic Ark

Dragonfire

Fire Fighter

Fire Fly

Freeway

Frogs and Flies

Kool-aid Man

Masters of the Universe the Power of He Man

Oink!

Racquetball

Sorcerer

Star Raiders

Subterranea

Word Zapper

So, all the above came home with me today. :-)

Since I'm no collector, and I was pretty unhappy with my "welcome" to the forum (I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum), I won't stick around for the discussion. Just wanted to leave this here (if the mods allow) to share a really neat chance encounter with some interesting rare stuff.

Later - ry

post-25911-126956131058_thumb.jpg

Well your chase the chuckwagon is only worth $65 bucks so I doubt you will get the opening bid let alone the reserve or your retarded buy it now price. Here's hoping the mods or admin do make your sale threads hidden cause it's very clear thats the only reason you bothered to join AtariAge anyhow. Also, your not a subcribed member so there is no way for you to unsubscibe. See a subcription actually costs money.

WTF, how many threads are there going to be about this? And this thread is just titled "Reef Store Dream", but doesn't mention anything about that :?

WTF is a Reef Store? Do they sell coral or is it one of those medical marijuana dispensaries?

WTF, how many threads are there going to be about this? And this thread is just titled "Reef Store Dream", but doesn't mention anything about that :?

WTF is a Reef Store? Do they sell coral or is it one of those medical marijuana dispensaries?

http://www.atariage.com/glossary/index.php

The original story may still be out there on the internets somewhere... I remember reading it probably in the late '90s, and it's probably one of the big instigators to me getting into collecting more seriously around that time.

http://www.atariage.com/glossary/index.php

The original story may still be out there on the internets somewhere... I remember reading it probably in the late '90s, and it's probably one of the big instigators to me getting into collecting more seriously around that time.

Well dammit it actually means something. Now it's not funny.

Unless it's sex ed. week.

I could never convince my Sex Ed teacher to let my girlfriend at the time and I add a "lab" component to the class.

Oh well, we just called it "extracurricular activity". :twisted:

I hope you didn't want to do a lab for STD day :woozy:

Oh to clear up the thread title mystery, I removed a reference to an auction. I accidentally posted an auction announcement to the main board. I was imagining how excited a hard-core collector would have been to find those plastic bags. Somehow I assumed the "reef store dream" was going to be a familiar reference. I first read about the "reef store dream" in the atariage glossary while trying to figure out the difference between PAL and NT... NCT... N... uh, the other one. :)