IGNORED

If TI had released the SSGC entries...

The Codex

I remember making fake mockups of 1st-gen TI game manuals. It wasn't too hard, but some things just didn't line up perfectly. But once you get the Arial font for the title, you're good to go.

Or indeed Franklin Gothic Demi, which is what the font is. Don't believe Arial existed back then, it's largely a Windows font. ;)

I'm thoroughlly impressed!!! Excellent stuff Codex!!! And Karsten... :). Hehe--- i especially enjoy the Dark Maze, Inaccurate Invaders, and the Helm of Reichardt!!! :) This is fun!!

Glad you like mate! It was a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Got to thinking, what would the manuals for some of the SSGC games look like if TI had released them as cartridges back in the day? A few hours with the paint program and these are the results. Haven't done all the entries obviously, so if you want one for your game, drop a message here and post your game in the entry thread.

Fly Guy

Too cool! Love those covers!! ;) My entry may be a bit too plain for a cover, but I'd be honored if you tried. I've got my title screen done for a second entry, but expect real life might not give me enough time back to finish the game itself. We shall see! -Tim

Too cool! Love those covers!! ;) My entry may be a bit too plain for a cover, but I'd be honored if you tried. I've got my title screen done for a second entry, but expect real life might not give me enough time back to finish the game itself. We shall see! -Tim

More than happy to do so! I took a little liberty with the game image and applied that pseudo-3D that you might have noticed on some TI manual covers (like parts of the Chisholm Trail art). Hope you like it!

post-25494-1269733568_thumb.png

More than happy to do so! I took a little liberty with the game image and applied that pseudo-3D that you might have noticed on some TI manual covers (like parts of the Chisholm Trail art). Hope you like it!

That just blows me away!!!!!!! If all these games were sitting on a store shelf, I'd be tempted to buy them all. ;)

Agreed!!! I am so proud of all these contest entries. I am not looking forward to choosing a winner--- as it will be almost Impossible to select one "best" game. I have a few favorites already-- 4 or 5 that seem to be just above and beyond the rest... But there have been a couple revisions I have not tried yet, so a couple may surge to the front by contest's end--- never know. The true winner is our community though.... I hope to do the SSGC annually. One a year. :) Perhaps some of you will take your 30 liners and expand them to big release games. :). That would be suuuuper cool!!!

Agreed!!! I am so proud of all these contest entries. I am not looking forward to choosing a winner--- as it will be almost Impossible to select one "best" game. I have a few favorites already-- 4 or 5 that seem to be just above and beyond the rest... But there have been a couple revisions I have not tried yet, so a couple may surge to the front by contest's end--- never know. The true winner is our community though.... I hope to do the SSGC annually. One a year. :) Perhaps some of you will take your 30 liners and expand them to big release games. :). That would be suuuuper cool!!!

I have my half-assed RPG idea I still wanna try to do in 30 lines, plus one more idea that (if I get it to work) will be so super-cool, I'll have to only talk to you about it in the smack talk thread. ;) But the Atlantis project comes first. And HOPEfully I can then get to finishing Herding Cats for final release, and finishing my Enemy Lines board game too. Argh!

Thankfully, since I've finally joined the emulator world, I can do a bunch of coding while on a family vacation - we're leaving next weekend for a week in Alabama with my sister and dad. I'm sure they won't mind if I spend all my waking hours out on the back deck, drinking beer and writing code... right? :)

Thankfully, since I've finally joined the emulator world, I can do a bunch of coding while on a family vacation - we're leaving next weekend for a week in Alabama with my sister and dad. I'm sure they won't mind if I spend all my waking hours out on the back deck, drinking beer and writing code... right? :)

That depends if you can still shoot possum while ya type, city boy! ;) And good to see your priorities are still straight - Atlantis must come first. I've been following your efforts with that like a nervous scholar watching someone handle the Dead Sea Scrolls. Must not damage only known copy! :P

I don't envy Owen in the judging here. But hell, I feel like I've already won, what with Fly Guy being turned into a proper assembly-based game and all. That combined with the sheer fun of the competition means any further prizes are gravy. (Very nice gravy, though, make no mistake.)

Edited by The Codex

That depends if you can still shoot possum while ya type, city boy! ;) And good to see your priorities are still straight - Atlantis must come first. I've been following your efforts with that like a nervous scholar watching someone handle the Dead Sea Scrolls. Must not damage only known copy! :P

Sir, I am shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that you would even insinuate that I might somehow damage the only copy of Atlantis we know of. I cherish that tape like its one of my children! I have devoted my life to ensuring its safe transfer to the new century!

Now, just let me find something handy to stick under the wobbly leg of my computer desk here, and I'll be ready to work. There we go, and -- uh oh.

Sir, I am shocked -- SHOCKED! -- that you would even insinuate that I might somehow damage the only copy of Atlantis we know of. I cherish that tape like its one of my children! I have devoted my life to ensuring its safe transfer to the new century!

Never fear my good man, it's not your abilities I fret over, but rather that the tape is only the known copy extant. As a lover of rare books/paintings/ephemera, it always makes me nervous to know someone is working on a one-of-a-kind item like that. But it's a far more desirable situation than if no one had it and it were forever lost. And even better, you're doing it instead of me. :)

Wishing you good fortune, and reminding you not to tape your new Backstreet Boys album over it. :P

Edited by The Codex

I am very excited to see these entries on their new fancy diskette!!! The TI group as a whole has no clue how cool this group is. I've made several comments to the list on how rockin' this forum is. Many have come over, many have not. Regardless, anyone who matters is right here. :). Hehehe--- very very cool stuff guys. Glad to be home from the road too!!! Almost a month out playing--- feels good to sleep on MY bed, and now I'm much MUCH closer to my TI gear. Oh, the world is a happy place today!!!