IGNORED

Ascurrete

devwebcl

Hi,

I am trying to do a small puzzle game, based on orbox-b and excit.

Well, I am going to create new puzzles, for now I am only using the first one from orbox-b

However I don't know why when the joystick is moved to the left the screens starts to flick.

Devwebcl

ascurrete.bas.bin

Edited by devwebcl

Some comments on your game.

I tried Orbox-B last night. Downloaded a flash version and played. It had 30 levels.

If you do nothing but "walls" it will be very simple to make the game. I could be wrong here, but I see you're defining your levels using the playfield command. I could be wrong, but since you're not defining that complex of a playfield, maybe this will help:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#pfpixel

You can just draw a few pixels. Maybe someone else can chime in on which uses less space or processor cycles. It was just an idea I had.

I think with 4k or 8k you'll be able to squeeze in a bunch of levels. I currently have a puzzle game that has 50 levels built in.

I think if you plan on adding the bombs and warps might you might need to learn how to update the screen differently. Since you can only display two sprites in the standard kernel (player0 and player1) you might need to use player1 to define multiple bombs. You might need to display 1 bomb on frame1, the other bomb on frame2, etc. I'm not well versed in this as I've never done it myself. Just seen others do it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe you could make generate random levels? I dunno, it is possible, but could be a bit hard. Definitely would give the game more replay value...

The game, though, is fun. And kinda hard, too.

Edited by Animan

I think it would be really hard to make random levels because the program would need to calculate all possibilities to determine if a solution is possible.

Never thought about that... Still would be fun. Maybe you could make it figure out every solvable solution, and modify the whole thing to let only one exist...

Yeah, that'd be hard too. Even when it is fully programmed, it'd take to 2600 awhile to get an actual puzzle.

Edited by Animan