IGNORED

Is it possible to play Game Gear games on the TV?

Can @kevtris convert a partially working Game Gear into a consolized Game Gear?  I would actually prefer SCART hookup,  as I have a Retrotink SCART to HDMI converter + HDMI to VGA converter, and it beats My PS3DTV by at least one frame, possibly two.  And the PS3DTV was considered 3 out of 4 stars in inputlag.com 's ratings.  In 2011, 31 ms was considered good.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Austin said:

But like any other Analogue product, can we expect a restock? Probably not...

What makes you say that? Out of any of their products, it's the Super NT & Mega SG which are most likely to have restocks. "When", is the question and with Analogue it's always the long schedule ? My guess is we'll probably see a Super NT restock before we see any more Mega SGs.. but I'm just guessing. 

That said, who's asking for a Mega SG restock anyway? Probably not too many people out there, as it's been available for nearly the past 2 years up until literally just days ago.

1 hour ago, NE146 said:

That said, who's asking for a Mega SG restock anyway? Probably not too many people out there, as it's been available for nearly the past 2 years up until literally just days ago.

Uh.. I am. I'm sure plenty of others would like the opportunity to purchase one as well.

The Super NT has been out of stock for the better part of a year now. If Analogue's idea is to keep making them, they sure as hell aren't doing a very good job communicating that to the public.

3 hours ago, Austin said:

Uh.. I am. I'm sure plenty of others would like the opportunity to purchase one as well

Heh ah well.  Name another console of theirs that's been in stock for nearly 2 years. If someone wants one and didn't buy in that timeframe, that's just how it's gonna roll.  This aint Apple with unlimited resources. ?

Aside from Ebay, the only option now to wait.  Like I said I do think they'll restock them eventually.. but wouldn't be surprised if it's a year+ later.

• 2 weeks later...

New question, same subject.  I see these on eBay.

There is an Analogue adapter.

1.  Does it work on a real Genesis or only an Analogue brand clone only?

2.  Why are there 3 attachments?  Is one SMS Cartridge, and the other SMS/SG1K cards and the third is Game Gear?

3. What is the difference between a 1.0 version on eBay and a 1.1 version ?  Is 1.0 hard wired or can it be net updated to 1.1.

Might want to pick one up in February.

2 hours ago, tripletopper said:

There is an Analogue adapter.

1.  Does it work on a real Genesis or only an Analogue brand clone only?

2.  Why are there 3 attachments?  Is one SMS Cartridge, and the other SMS/SG1K cards and the third is Game Gear?

3. What is the difference between a 1.0 version on eBay and a 1.1 version ?  Is 1.0 hard wired or can it be net updated to 1.1.

1. Analogue Mega SG only. The Genesis can play Master System games natively but not Game Gear games.

2. There are three adapters: Game Gear, SMS MyCard, and SG-1000/Mark 3. The MegaSG comes with a normal Master System cartridge adapter. (Note that the Power Base Converter supports all three formats.)

3. The Game Gear 1.0 adapter is dangerous and will eventually brick your expensive console. Nobody should be selling it. Analogue replaced all of them for free but asked people to destroy them in return. It's really sad to see that people are selling them.