IGNORED

Airlock

Atarius Maximus

This hack gives you unlimited time in Airlock. I created this hack this morning just so I could try and finally get past the first level, it's frustratingly difficult. So, of course, this hack makes it super easy to beat the game. After getting past the first level, you see your guy jump up and down on top of the sub, and the game just seems to end. Is that it? Only one level?

I did a distella disassembly and changed the DEC $B3 to DEC $00 at LF631 to make this change:

LF631:  LDA	$B3 	
  	BEQ	LF63A   
  	DEC	$00 	
  	JMP	LF68C  

Steve

airlocktrainer.bin

Edited by Atarius Maximus

I am one of the few people who like this game, and yeah, that's it.

It's more fun on the harder levels. There is more than the one screen, but still, the shortest game ever (next to dragster).

I am one of the few people who like this game, and yeah, that's it.

It's more fun on the harder levels. There is more than the one screen, but still, the shortest game ever (next to dragster).

Wow, yeah, that's a really short game. It wasn't what I was expecting at all.

I still love it for some reason. Perhaps because when you are 9 and you got a game for Atari, you just played the hell out of it no matter what.

I thought the water flooding the floors behind you was cool and had that whole adrenaline rush effect desperately trying to get out of the sub.

Also, few Atari games could be won (even if it was very short) and a victory screen was pretty rare at the time.

Video games used to be like life, they it gets harder and faster until you die.

Airlock was one of the exceptions to that rule.

icon_smile.gif

I actually hacked this game a while back (graphic hack) and made it Indiana Jones - ish. I am looking for it now. I posted it here somewhere a zillion years ago.

I still love it for some reason. Perhaps because when you are 9 and you got a game for Atari, you just played the hell out of it no matter what.

I thought the water flooding the floors behind you was cool and had that whole adrenaline rush effect desperately trying to get out of the sub.

Also, few Atari games could be won (even if it was very short) and a victory screen was pretty rare at the time.

Video games used to be like life, they it gets harder and faster until you die.

Airlock was one of the exceptions to that rule.

icon_smile.gif

I actually hacked this game a while back (graphic hack) and made it Indiana Jones - ish. I am looking for it now. I posted it here somewhere a zillion years ago.

Yeah, the title screen and victory screen are really cool. You're right in that it was rare to have a game with an ending much less a victory screen. That's probably what drew me to Adventure and Raiders of the lost ark when I was a kid. I'd play both of them over and over again, and it was fun to beat them and get to the end no matter how many times I played. :) It was always much more satisfying to me to "beat" a game rather than try to improve a high score.

Steve, DEC $00 strobes VSYNC. This probably throws the screen for a loop on real hardware, but I don't have any real hardware to test it on. It'd be better to replace DEC $00 with 2 NOP's. icon_smile.gif

I didn't know it would do that. I never really intended to run this on real hardware, but I just updated the binary and replaced the DEC $00 with two NOPs in case someone else would like to. It works fine, thanks for the suggestion. :)

Steve

airlock2.bin