IGNORED

ATARI FLASHBACK 2+ NOW AVAILABLE IN CANADA!

I found a bunch of Flashback 2+'s at the Costco in Richmond, BC retailing for under $30. Apparently they have been there since Friday. Needless to say that I am now a very happy camper and I thank Atari for making them available in Canada. I left 13 units behind because I was in a sharing mood... :D

• Like 1

(Apologies for the DP) Apparently, I wasn't the first who noticed:

Here is an interesting discussion of someone discovering the FB2+ at Costco.

They go on to reminisce about other old school gaming consoles; an interesting read from others' POV's.

That was an interesting read. We become so immersed in this community and our knowledge, it's interesting to hear "outsiders'" viewpoints and fuzzy recollections and incorrect assumptions. Also, most opinions were that no one would want to play these old games now. I guess that depends on what games they're remembering, and I doubt any of them know about all the incredible new games being released. Most sound incredulous that anyone would buy something like this in 2010.

• Like 1

They go on to reminisce about other old school gaming consoles; an interesting read from others' POV's.

That was an interesting read. We become so immersed in this community and our knowledge, it's interesting to hear "outsiders'" viewpoints and fuzzy recollections and incorrect assumptions. Also, most opinions were that no one would want to play these old games now. I guess that depends on what games they're remembering, and I doubt any of them know about all the incredible new games being released. Most sound incredulous that anyone would buy something like this in 2010.

Havent you ever worked Retail I worked at a OASIS market once and they are LUCKY to have flashbacks in

Canada YOu know when you fill out the warenty card FUN inc gets happy thoughts.

• Like 1

Havent you ever worked Retail I worked at a OASIS market once and they are LUCKY to have flashbacks in

Canada YOu know when you fill out the warenty card FUN inc gets happy thoughts.

I honestly don't understand your reply to me at all. Why are you asking me "haven't you ever worked in retail"? What does that have anything to do with my response. Was that a website for retailers or anything? The rest of your reply makes even less sense to me, so I'm really unsure what to even ask to get clarification.

EDIT: Maybe you mean that I should realize that most people wouldn't understand a product like this because it's not mainstream? Of course I understand that. It sort of supports my point.

And if you have any idea what I do for a living, you'd think it was very humorous that you just asked me if I have ever worked in retail. I no longer work in a store, but I'm about as immersed in the retail industry as a person can get!

• Like 1

Curt, thanks for the update! (Heh, posting upwards :twisted: )

Cheers,

Tony

Only the first 15,000 were made, no more have been done, so they are part of that allotment.

Curt

I wonder if the FB2+'s at Canadian Costco stores are part of the initial 15,000 run or if they are an additional run...

• Like 1

Yah, the whole thing is strange to me. It's like all of a sudden hearing that they showed up in Cuba or something. Like Curt said, they haven't ordered any more (which would be needed for actual full store distribution). I would think they were doing it for testing store sales, but even then why Canada and not just do it in the New York area where they're located?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got myself a flashback 2+ on eBay for 45$ including shipping.

Since the unit will probably not be available in the province of Quebec because the box+Instructions are only in English, I think I got a good deal.

I already received it, it only took 3 days to get here and it's in perfect shape.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004173405841?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300417340584&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

At last check there were 3 unit left.

Note: I'm not associated with the seller.

• Like 1

Cool - thanks for the info, not too far from me.

Roadtrip!

(Actually, if I was going to go anywhere I'd take a trip to see Curt and just thank him personally for all his hard work. And you too Marty, but you're just too far of a drive!)

icon_mrgreen.gif

I can give you his home address if you like. You can just show up. Let your self in the back door as well, it's usually open. Curt just loves people coming by and greeting him bedside first thing in the morning to say thanks.

• Like 1

I can give you his home address if you like. You can just show up. Let your self in the back door as well, it's usually open. Curt just loves people coming by and greeting him bedside first thing in the morning to say thanks.

Great! I'll pick up a Jason mask and machete for when I go. PM sent!

:)

• Like 1

Don't make me beat you Marty!!! ;-)

Cool - thanks for the info, not too far from me.

Roadtrip!

(Actually, if I was going to go anywhere I'd take a trip to see Curt and just thank him personally for all his hard work. And you too Marty, but you're just too far of a drive!)

icon_mrgreen.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I found a bunch of Flashback 2+'s at the Costco in Richmond, BC retailing for under $30. Apparently they have been there since Friday. Needless to say that I am now a very happy camper and I thank Atari for making them available in Canada. I left 13 units behind because I was in a sharing mood... :D

By the way I was just there yesterday and picked up a FB2+ and there were only two or three left on the shelf. Just giving people an update if they wanted to get one.

And regarding the FB2+ I am very pleased they fixed Yar's Return, it is WAAYY more playable now.

• Like 2