IGNORED

imagic Numb Thumb Club

Rev

• 9 months later...

I've got all of the Imagic releases for the Intellivision (mostly loose copies), except Fathom.

Some of the games were better than others, but Imagic definitely did some great work on the Intellivision. My favorites were Atlantis (light years ahead of the 2600 version) and Microsurgeon.

Very nice website, by the way. I had stumbled across it some time ago, but lost track of it. It's interesting to see all the systems that Imagic had a hand in, and it's such a pity that they couldn't have held on a bit longer during the crash. I would have loved to see what they could have done on the NES and Genesis.

aaah i thought you're gonna sell me the numb thumb club magazine cheap .... :P

nethertheless ... cool site ... i discovered that one a while ago while searching for the magazine mentioned above :)

i wish i had some of those magazines myself. imagic is one of my favorite.

i made this thread back in march.how did rev rob find it? :)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

This thread seemed fitting...

I don´t remember if I actually became member, I don´t think so since I have no memory of getting a wallet card or posters.

Later i realized that Imagic was apparently more or less out of business when I joined the scene in late 1985.

LQVmeyr.jpg

Found this image when googleing:

Fww12E9.jpg

Anyways, I wish I had gotten the posters though.

They seem to be of value these days... :)

IMAGIC GAME POSTERS AUCTION

Edited by NumbThumb

I joined this and the Intellivision Club. My memories of the Imagic Numb Thumb Club were the magazine was nice glossy mag (although I think I only remember ever getting two issues before I guess it folded.) Also the Membership card was a legit plastic credit card-like card. Felt cool having that in my velcro wallet when I was 11 or 12. Also you received your choice of a free poster. The posters were the box art of their games. I got Beauty and the Beast and remember having it hanging on my wall for a few years. I could've sworn I still had the membership card somewhere but right before I did an interview with Paul for The Intellivisionaries podcast I dug around trying to find it but wasn't able to. I still think it's buried somewhere…..

Nice webpage, and the jacket... wow...

AtariBuff, could you scan those magazines? Would be great to see them.

When looking through my stuff I just now saw this:

5EH4FyY.jpg

I never knew... :?

Also the artworks they did are really great, and in lack of original posters I thought that I would scan the artworks from the manuals,

print it out on photopaper in A4 or A5 size and frame them.

My printer does not work right now but I think they will look good on the wall. My wife may however disagree.

My scanner is probably not the best but here are a couple if someone wants to use them to do the same. (I only have Atlantis and Beauty and The Beast.)

Ps1nOmt.jpg

ULjSC0a.jpg

I also took out the centerfold images and scanned those as well and tried to edit out the markings from the fold and staplers in PAINT

but that did not come out very well... I guess you need photoshop for that.

If someone is a photoshopper and can make it look good please post them here. It would be much appreciated. :)

Or could doing this be a copyright issue? I guess not if it is for personal use only?

fag0Zzm.jpg

KdX2bON.jpg

In any case, It seems that Imagic did everything with high quality and high standards in mind...

BIHPfn5.jpg

As a footnote I have to mention that I first misspelled Beauty and The Beast so it came out Beauty and the Beats.

Now how is that for a name of a tribute band I thought to myself?! :) Astrosmash might get some competition...

Edited by NumbThumb
  • Like 1

Those are some nice scores, Troy! Did you ever get a shirt or jacket?

Thanks! :) I wish I had submitted my Demon Attack score at the time, but I figured I had a better chance with these. Cosmic Ark was the tough one. I did submit Demon Attack and others later but sadly no more magazines.

No shirt or jacket as that was rather expensive for me at the time. iMagic sent me Gold Stars for some of the game scores I submitted, see pictures below. They came as individual stickers but I liked them better like this. Fortunately this has survived all this time simply because they are on the flat poster board.

post-5132-0-73220600-1421367999_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks! :) I wish I had submitted my Demon Attack score at the time, but I figured I had a better chance with these. Cosmic Ark was the tough one. I did submit Demon Attack and others later but sadly no more magazines.

No shirt or jacket as that was rather expensive for me at the time. iMagic sent me Gold Stars for some of the game scores I submitted, see pictures below. They came as individual stickers but I liked them better like this. Fortunately this has survived all this time simply because they are on the flat poster board.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Those are awesome!