IGNORED

Interest in Atari 2600 Pause Kit

Albert

Atari 2600 Pause Kit  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in purchasing one?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you be willing to pay?

• $10
    • $15
    • $20
    • $25
    • $30

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Cool! This mod is begging for a push-on/push-off button...maybe I'll cannibalize the power button from a Flashback 2...

Tried to keep the cost down and made sure the switches would fit all models. But yes, push buttons are cool, you can even get creative and buy a button that you can wire into the power as well and have it light up, when activated. :)

I have added the "Atari 2600 Pause Kit" to the store!

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=953

The kit itself is $20 and includes the populated Pause Kit circuit board, wires, toggle switch, heat shrink tubing, and double-sided tape to keep the mod in place so it doesn't rattle around in your 2600.

This is a relatively easy modification for anyone with soldering experience and the tools to do so. However, if you're not comfortable installing the Pause Kit, I can do so for $25 plus shipping both ways. You'll ship the console (or just the board) to me, and when I finish your mod I'll box up your console and figure out the return shipping which you'll then pay before I ship it back.

..Al

Anyone else getting this while attempting to checkout?

Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.

USPS_INT: Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema.

USPS: Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema. line= 0 pos= 1196

Anyone else getting this while attempting to checkout?

Errors were reported while trying to calculate your shipping rate. Please contact us if they persist.

USPS_INT: Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema.

USPS: Invalid XML Element cannot be empty according to the DTD/Schema. line= 0 pos= 1196

Yay Fun.

The USPS probably changed something as they often do. Investigating.

..Al

I ordered one on monday, was hoping it would be here today but its not... hopefully tomorrow.

I'm going to add an LED so when the pause is on, it lights up. I can't wait to tear into this. :D

Please show how you add the LED... I'd love to do the same.

I also want to use a push-button switch rather than the throw one that is included.

I ordered one on monday, was hoping it would be here today but its not... hopefully tomorrow.

I'm going to add an LED so when the pause is on, it lights up. I can't wait to tear into this. :D

Please show how you add the LED... I'd love to do the same.

I also want to use a push-button switch rather than the throw one that is included.

They make a switch that when you throw the one switch, two separate switches turn on at the same time...

Found it! http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062489

One side will be the pause circuitry, the other side will be connecting ground together to the LED.

Once I get it though I'll see if there is a way to use just a regular switch to use the same effect, depends how the circuitry works. Basically if there is a ground anywhere that activates when you flip on the pause, I can tap the LED into that ground.

I won't purchase it, but maybe I'll make one myself at one point (when I do my S-Video-Mod as well), however as yet I can't predict how soon I'll get the courage ;)

Quick question: Do any of the people who are intricately familiar with the 2600 hardware see any differences between NTSC and PAL concerning the Pause-Button-Mod, or is it the same for both? I think it doesn't have anything to do with Video Output, so I think there's no problems... However, it might have something to do with CPU clock speed, that could be problematic.

Edited by Herbarius