IGNORED

General Hellfire - 2600 Collection

You keep them on the floor? Wow.. that's brave of you.

Either way, keep up the good work! :D

I'm not that brave.

I just spread them out on the floor to take pictures of them for the site.

I'm actually a tad a-type about storing them... by manufacturer in alphabetical order high above my closet on shelves out of harm's way inside these rectangular plastic containers I found somewhere on the net. Each container fits about 4 normal size Atari boxed games. Example shots below.

post-12554-127009569248_thumb.jpg

post-12554-127009570745_thumb.jpg

dude how long have you been collecting? where did you find all that rare crap ebay?

Started my 2600 collection with the first money I ever made (from my paper route) 30+ years ago. My "holy grails" are the carts I still own from that time when my brother and I used to play them together as kids. I keep my grails in the original fake wood container we had... holds eight carts.

Started more formal collecting boxed complete games about 2002 or 2003 after the Antiques Roadshow bit on Atari2600 gave me the bug and brought to my attention the added value of completeness.

Got most common games and some rares off eBay. Got many rares from networking with guys out here on Atariage. Have almost certainly overspent all along the way, but I've had a blast, and I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it... though hard to quantify exactly why - particularly to those not infected with the collecting bug.

dude how long have you been collecting? where did you find all that rare crap ebay?

Started my 2600 collection with the first money I ever made (from my paper route) 30+ years ago. My "holy grails" are the carts I still own from that time when my brother and I used to play them together as kids. I keep my grails in the original fake wood container we had... holds eight carts.

Started more formal collecting boxed complete games about 2002 or 2003 after the Antiques Roadshow bit on Atari2600 gave me the bug and brought to my attention the added value of completeness.

Got most common games and some rares off eBay. Got many rares from networking with guys out here on Atariage. Have almost certainly overspent all along the way, but I've had a blast, and I still get a lot of enjoyment out of it... though hard to quantify exactly why - particularly to those not infected with the collecting bug.

Here are my grails...

post-12554-127015427439_thumb.jpg

Here are my grails...

:lust:

Here are my grails...

Are these the original games you owned back in the 80's? If so they would be my grails too, I should have kept all my old games. Sure I can replace them all but I would love to have my old manuals with my high scores in them or my Snoopy that I scratched my initials on the back of, etc.. you can't replace that. All I have left from my childhood is a Megamaniacs patch and a few instruction manuals/catalogs.

Btw - Nice collection, didn't know you were in to the import scene also, Cool!

• 1 year later...

Been out of AA for while but yes... my grails are the original games I bought with my paper route money back in the day and the same ones my brother and I played as kids. On holidays we sometimes break out the system and play them again... he still gets just as pissed when I beat him in basketball : )

Regarding the homebrews, I love em. My vote for a cool new game would be "Punkin Chuckin"... I'm headed out to Maryland this weekend to witness the carnage in first person.

• Like 1