IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

As you guys have been reading over the past week and a half, I have been going through and unpacking all my old game systems and computers. Well tonight, in one of the last boxes, I found all my 2600 cart boxes including the Air Raid box. I was incorrect about there not being any writing on the box. As you can see below there is a lot. I believe that I was remembering the cardboard and plastic sleeve that holds the cart inside the box.

As I have been saying I am new to the whole eBay thing but here is what I plan to do. I am going to take the auction down and relist it very soon. Maybe as early as tomorrow night. Please provide me as much advice as you guys can because I know that having the box takes this to a whole new level. You guys have been great over the past many days and your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Here you go!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Please oh please tell me this in not an April Fools joke. Pretty please!

Yes, it is real... I am still a little shaken myself.

Any advice on how to move forward with the auction would really help...

I most lilkely going to get an indepentdant verification from someone everyone knows and trusts...

You should put the box alone up for auction on ebay,that would maximize your profits..

Leave the current cart auction going and start another auction for the box.

If he puts the box alone up for auction he is alienating those who do not have the game. Air Raids don't show up too often, so the person could have the box, and be out of luck for the actual game for years.

I will be selling both together.

well in that case cancel the current auction and relist it :D

Well nuts...

I just had a long chat conversation with eBay. I was hoping that there might be a way for me to extend the auction. Nope. Then I asked if there was a way to bring all the people watching the current auction over to the new auction. Nope. I then asked that when I cancel an auction, if the message that goes out to all the bidders would go out to all the watchers also. Nope.

Oh well. I will figure out what I am going to do and make it happen tomorrow.

Thank guys!

My God. This is really something special. Of course a small part of me still wonders if this is a joke, but that's a very small part. I'm just happy the community can now put to rest some of the mystery of this big blue beast. No, it wasn't from Mexico. Yes, its name is actually Air Raid.

The box looks real good too. I agree keep it with the original game it came with. I also think whoever wins it will already have a loose Air Raid, or two... :P

Well nuts...

I just had a long chat conversation with eBay. I was hoping that there might be a way for me to extend the auction. Nope. Then I asked if there was a way to bring all the people watching the current auction over to the new auction. Nope. I then asked that when I cancel an auction, if the message that goes out to all the bidders would go out to all the watchers also. Nope.

Thank guys!

Just remember, you can't cancel an auction if its a day? before auction end.

I kinda feel like Mulder--I want to believe...

But the timing is kind of suspicious. I think you want to have this verified by a trustworthy person and I might even suggest waiting until after the April Fools timeframe for any auction.

Maybe I am just cynical, but...

• Like 1

But the timing is kind of suspicious. I think you want to have this verified by a trustworthy person and I might even suggest waiting until after the April Fools timeframe for any auction.

Ask for a pic of the ET box with Air Raid and I'm pretty sure if he can deliver that on demand, that it's at least real. ;)

Edited by johnon

First off, why the F word all over this. Is that really necessary? Second, did anyone notice Men-A-Vision in a nice rainbow background at the top? A good scan of this box is definitely necessary. Third, with all the publicity will possibly follow by a call from the IRS upon sale. They'll want their take.

Phil

PS: What I don't like about the box is that the Men-A-Vision company name has a registered trademark ® at the end of it at the top of the box, but does not have it when it's mentioned on the bottom or the back. Also, if the company was registered, would there be proof of it somewhere in the government records?

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1

1. Start new auction for cart w/ box. Note item number.
  2. Edit existing auction, removing most old description and adding link to new auction using minimal URL (form: http:/ /cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=############).
  3. Cancel old auction.

Anyone who found the original auction and was seriously interested will find the new one. Most of the real contenders are probably following your topics here anyway.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

"loan command post" is a nice engrish touch if it is. :D

That's not the only quaint mis-Englishment. "Sky scraper" and "on slaught" should each be one word.

Al and Tanman are getting together for Al to verify.

-tet

I can't sleep... Been lying awake in bed for 3 hours...

I can't blame everyone for being suspicious. Right after I posted this thread, Albert sent me message asking for some good scans for the database. It old him no problem, but I also hit him up to come take a look at the box. Hopefully the fact that I have the cartridge is still not up for debate, but I agree that I need to take extra steps to confirm the box.

If anyone else is in the Austin area and wants to check out the box I will be more than happy to meet up with you. Just shoot me a message!

Tanman

• Like 1

First off, why the F word all over this. Is that really necessary? Second, did anyone notice Men-A-Vision in a nice rainbow background at the top? A good scan of this box is definitely necessary. Third, with all the publicity will possibly follow by a call from the IRS upon sale. They'll want their take.

Phil

PS: What I don't like about the box is that the Men-A-Vision company name has a registered trademark ® at the end of it at the top of the box, but does not have it when it's mentioned on the bottom or the back. Also, if the company was registered, would there be proof of it somewhere in the government records?

Not sure on the trademark thing but here is a side picture showing the logo again. Also, the picture on the back is not an actual screen shot. It is a hand drawing. Looks like it was done by a child. I get a better picture of it later.

IMG_6614.jpg

Also, from this angle you can see a little damage. There is a indention on the white building on the front picture.

If this is real, it deserves to surpass the Stadium Events record last month. If it's an April Fools joke, I'll be the first to sound like an old fart and say it: April 1st is a worthless, unfunny day that needs to be abolished. Always hated it, always will. :)

• Like 1

So, it really is called "Air Raid"? That right there kind of surprises me. Or was it printed at some point around release that someone knew that this was the real title? I thought this was always just a name attached to it since it needed to be called something.

So, it really is called "Air Raid"? That right there kind of surprises me. Or was it printed at some point around release that someone knew that this was the real title? I thought this was always just a name attached to it since it needed to be called something.

No Terry Rutt stated in some article that this was what the name is. OK, I am starting to get a tad bit suspicious that this maybe an April fools joke. The Air Raid auction is still up. He will announce "Tomorrow" April 1st what he is going to do. Albert definitely can verify this as real or not. But he could also be the master planner for this as an April Fools joke. He has made enough boxes in his lifetime.

If April 2nd comes around, than I will whole heartedly believe this is real. But until then no.