IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

i'm gonna be harmed if i don't go to sleep now ... have fun kids ... ;)

it's april first here now! 2.45 am

:D

Good night fish...sweet dreams..don't let them abduct you!!!!

No, no, let them abduct you! Maybe this time you can ask for a crate of Air Raids and maybe some Gauntlet carts too! Take an anal probe for all of us! DO IT FOR THE TEAM!!!

Ouch...that is just sick CC, but friggin funny, do it fish :D While you are up there see if you can get me a Go Go Home Monster; I think he hangs out around the rings of Uranus.

I have kept out of the debate up to this point but wanted to say s few things.

I opened up this thread last night for two reasons. I have never sold anything on eBay before and I asked several times for advice on how to proceed with something this big. I did not really receive any. Second, I wanted to start an intelligent conversation about the box so that I could link to it in my auction to help people decide if they want to bid and to help promote AA as a premier website for Atari information. This will not be happening. This thread has gone straight to the wild imaginations of conspiracy nuts.

Geez, gimme a break, these are GAMES, most of us (I think) are in it for the FUN, and on this site for the FUN and post for the FUN of it all.

I have no idea why you kept out of the debate, it is YOUR stuff being discussed!

I thought you got some good advice and it ends up you are doing what the first couple of posts suggested.

My only opinion was that it is perfectly feasable to spend serious cash to fake something like this when it is obvioulsy worth so much. Heck the game cart itself can be faked very easily, but not too cheaply. I bet a lot less than $3,000. I have worked at a couple placed in the past that did plastic molding of intricate parts that could make one, all the better if you had one to start with.

And obviously nothing is like seeing the item in your hands. Once you got the box, I bet you did a happy dance, I sure would.

Instead of complaining about the Atariage posts, maybe provide more info, or a least not tick off potential customers. It is out of my league for a hobby anyway, so you can take my comments as you wish.

Guys, there's a guy who says he got a River Patrol box off Craigslist for $25 and he's not posting pics. Lets all get onto his thread and give him an ear-bashing too :D

FORM UP THE POSSE!

GET THE LYNCHIN' ROPE!!!

EARFUL OF JERKS -- AWAY!!!!

Where's that dang rope gone too???? :)

Never mind the rope, just grab the pitch-forks and clubs

Guys, there's a guy who says he got a River Patrol box off Craigslist for $25 and he's not posting pics. Lets all get onto his thread and give him an ear-bashing too :D

FORM UP THE POSSE!

GET THE LYNCHIN' ROPE!!!

EARFUL OF JERKS -- AWAY!!!!

Where's that dang rope gone too???? :)

Never mind the rope, just grab the pitch-forks and clubs

:evil: Forget that...can of gas and a match!

The box insert looks alot like the ones Marc Oberhauser has but with a hunk of plastic thrown in to hold the T-handle cart right. It's a little to convienent that he lives in Austin also. Albert has a number of those box inserts from Marc so it's not a far stretch to think this is a setup.

The insert is different than the ones Marc has created.

Surprisingly I have not even met Albert. Al we need to get some beers some time :thumbsup:

Yes, absolutely!

*Chuckles* - Ok... Hasn't happened yet? Hmmm... Another thing, the guys lives close to Al and Tempest (well at least the same state) kinda coincidental dontcha think? So Al (God Bless ya buddy!) can verify it? Cmon...

Tempest lives in Michigan.

..Al