IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

So, do we have an official tally of how many people insisted this was fake and have to eat crow now?

it isnt the 2nd yet

Well, I guess we have at least one candidate to wear the AtariAge dunce cap. :dunce: :lol: :roll:

just cause i said it wasnt the 2nd does not mean that i think it is a hoax.i havent actually said either way :|

And you told me you would call me afterwards and never did...

See? You're becoming one of us goofballs already!! :)

I know. Scares me... :)

I was a little touchy earlier. First time at this. Everyone is pretty cool.

Except for the guy who dug up my ebay financials and speculated if $52 was a little or a lot of money for me...

Yuck! Not to self, next time I buy some 2600 carts off ebay, make sure they didn't come from a smoking house. Man, didn't know plastic absorbed smells... BLAH!

I would ask for a full or partial refund. Sometimes smokers really don't know how bad there stuff smells. Otherwise Ax knows a trick to get rid of the smell using kitty litter (un used liter that is :D )

One poster said the April's fools joke was that this is real.

I agree.

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that the Al, Tanman, and whoever else knew about the existence of box all along. I don't doubt Tanman's story of how he bought it back in the day, had it stored, etc. But finding the box on the 31st? hmmm.... did you ever really misplace it ;)

Not meant as an attack on you Tanman. If am wrong, I'm wrong.

Pretty amazing stuff. Who would ever think someone would dig an Air Raid box out of their garage...I've been following this thread and the auction like everyone else, but seeing as I work for peanuts I can't afford a 50 dollar game right now, much less a 5,000++ dollar game. But I'm just glad to be able to watch history in the making. It's stories like this, Red Sea Crossing (what the hell was that guy thinking...), Gamma Attack, Good Luck Charlie Brown (didn't that guy vanish too?), and Birthday Mania that make this hobby so fascinating. And we can all dream about finding a holy grail at a garage sale or buried in pile of junk at a thrift store...

Edited by Despina83

Yuck! Not to self, next time I buy some 2600 carts off ebay, make sure they didn't come from a smoking house. Man, didn't know plastic absorbed smells... BLAH!

you finally received that lot you bought on ebay right?

One of three that I bought. I bought a 8 lot, then a 12 lot, then relized I was wasting shipping so I bought the 77 lot. The lot of 8 is smelling up my houes. Still waiting on the 77.

I only had a few games to start with so I got very few duplicates. I was playing Atlantis earlier for the first time. Gonna mail my score in and get Atlantis II and sell it on eBay. HAHA

One of three that I bought. I bought a 8 lot, then a 12 lot, then relized I was wasting shipping so I bought the 77 lot. The lot of 8 is smelling up my houes. Still waiting on the 77.

I only had a few games to start with so I got very few duplicates. I was playing Atlantis earlier for the first time. Gonna mail my score in and get Atlantis II and sell it on eBay. HAHA

Better be careful, if you end up becoming a serious collector you will kick yourself hard for selling the boxed Air Raid. Pretty sure who ever ends up wth it will not sell it back to you :ponder:

Better be careful, if you end up becoming a serious collector you will kick yourself hard for selling the boxed Air Raid. Pretty sure who ever ends up wth it will not sell it back to you :ponder:

I thought about that! That is why I got to get rid of it now before the hooks get to deep!