IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

I'm guessing because of the time period and the fact this game didn't appear to sell well that records don't really exist anymore for this company? Would be cool if someone would be able to do some detective work.

This is/was one of the biggest mysteries/debates in the Atari community, believe me people have tried to find info on this game for years.

Given we don't have production records for games produced by legitimate companies based in the US and that we know absolutely NOTHING about "Men-A-Vision", I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll never learn anything officially about the company or production of this game.

..Al

Given we don't have production records for games produced by legitimate companies based in the US and that we know absolutely NOTHING about "Men-A-Vision", I think it's a pretty safe bet that we'll never learn anything officially about the company or production of this game.

You never know... maybe someone involved with it will read the press and come forward.

I'm guessing because of the time period and the fact this game didn't appear to sell well that records don't really exist anymore for this company? Would be cool if someone would be able to do some detective work.

This is/was one of the biggest mysteries/debates in the Atari community, believe me people have tried to find info on this game for years.

..Al

Considering the publicity this is generating, I wonder if word will reach those who owned or worked for this mysterious company and persuade them to come forward with some information about their existence and the history behind this game.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 1

Considering the publicity this is generating, I wonder if word will reach those who owned or worked for this mysterious company and persuade them to come forward with some information about their existence and the history behind this game.

Just hope their response isn't "Oh that old thing, yeah, we got 15 cases of them, no stores ever wanted them..." ;)

My favorite quote so far was

"I don't think there was anything special that attracted me to the game other then the fact that in 1984, anything to do with video games was like a moth to a flame for an 11-12 year old boy." I got a kick out of that!

Just hope their response isn't "Oh that old thing, yeah, we got 15 cases of them, no stores ever wanted them..." ;)

My favorite quote so far was

"I don't think there was anything special that attracted me to the game other then the fact that in 1984, anything to do with video games was like a moth to a flame for an 11-12 year old boy." I got a kick out of that!

I hope it is! :D

It would be awesome for us if they found crates and crates of these things and started selling them for a few bucks each. Sure it would suck for the people spending tens of thousands on one copy but hey, I never feel sorry for the rich anyway :P

I have started to get some very low feeback score bidders. I added a note saying anyone under 10 score will have their bid cancelled and they can reach out to me and I will handle it on a case by case basis. I figured with all the increased attention, the auction will be attracting people who just want to run up the price for the fun of it.

I have started to get some very low feeback score bidders. I added a note saying anyone under 10 score will have their bid cancelled and they can reach out to me and I will handle it on a case by case basis. I figured with all the increased attention, the auction will be attracting people who just want to run up the price for the fun of it.

That would SUCK having non paying bidders. The most expensive thing I sold on eBay was a 3Dimager for vectrex, and I got $650 for it! 2 guys got in a bidding war, and I ahd to wait about a month or so for all the money, but it all worked out.

Does anyone else wonder if they have some obscure collectible item in their attics worth over $10,000?

Well, If anyone has a Fender Stratocaster or Gibson Les Paul guitar older than 1965 its likely worth that much or more. And a LP from 1959? Prices are supposed to be over $100,000, Nobody seems to be buying them now at that price though.

Edited by Slate