IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Speaking of items over $10,000. I noticed that the seller is stating that Paypal limits a transaction to $10,000. He said he was going to contact Ebay, and Paypal to see what to do next. For anyone who has actually sold something for more than $10,000 on Ebay. What exactly do people do when this situation occurs? Just food for thought.

Here is the quote

"2) The bid amount has surpassed the transaction limit that PayPal will allow. I will be contacting PayPal and eBay to discuss what other forms of secure payment that are available. This is no longer a PayPal only auction."

Does anyone else wonder if they have some obscure collectible item in their attics worth over $10,000?

Are old used starwars figures worth anything?

Some of them may still be. Anyone remember the Boba Fett that was originally only made available through mail order. It was supposed to have a button on the back that allowed the missile from his jet pack to launch. Well Kenner was afraid that kids would choke on the missile, so one that had a fixed missile was sent instead. I remember being ticked.

There is some information here: http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=48813

As for finding stuff in attic, I doubt I have anything of value. A few garage sales that my parents had after I left for college probably took care of that. I used to collect Star Trek cards in my early 20's. I have "rare" cards that used to go for about $50-$75 a pop at a time. The value has completely bottomed out on Trek cards now. I probably couldn't give all of those cards away now (meaning at best, the hundreds I have would probably net me $50 if I was lucky).

I just dug up a bad ass copy of Tooth Protectors that was hidden in the rafters of my attic. I also live in Austin. What is it about this place? First $10,000 takes it, pictures upon request. I will throw in a used Reach tooth brush from 1983 and some random Castle Grayskull parts. I even have some some other boxed games like Pac Man and E.T! :D

• Like 1

I have started to get some very low feeback score bidders. I added a note saying anyone under 10 score will have their bid cancelled and they can reach out to me and I will handle it on a case by case basis. I figured with all the increased attention, the auction will be attracting people who just want to run up the price for the fun of it.

That would SUCK having non paying bidders. The most expensive thing I sold on eBay was a 3Dimager for vectrex, and I got $650 for it! 2 guys got in a bidding war, and I ahd to wait about a month or so for all the money, but it all worked out.

Off-topic but why has that skyrocketed in the past year and a half? Two years ago you could get a CIB one for $400. Now it sells for around a grand.

hey Tanman, why no manual? just wondering.

any story behind that?

From what he said earlier, there was no book because the instructions were written on the back.

Has any game in the history of gaming ever not came with a book?

I have started to get some very low feeback score bidders. I added a note saying anyone under 10 score will have their bid cancelled and they can reach out to me and I will handle it on a case by case basis. I figured with all the increased attention, the auction will be attracting people who just want to run up the price for the fun of it.

That would SUCK having non paying bidders. The most expensive thing I sold on eBay was a 3Dimager for vectrex, and I got $650 for it! 2 guys got in a bidding war, and I ahd to wait about a month or so for all the money, but it all worked out.

Off-topic but why has that skyrocketed in the past year and a half? Two years ago you could get a CIB one for $400. Now it sells for around a grand.

Hey, Some games have gone up in price in recent years. I remember you could get a copy of Stadium Events (NES) For $900 about five years ago. Now it sells for what, $13,000?

Hey, Some games have gone up in price in recent years. I remember you could get a copy of Stadium Events (NES) For $900 about five years ago. Now it sells for what, $13,000?

We all knew somebody was going to bring up Stadium Events somewhere in this thread. :roll:

any story behind that?

From what he said earlier, there was no book because the instructions were written on the back.

Ultravision-Karate (Mabey...)

There are lots of pirate games that only came with one page (or a card), but I can not think of any that had nothing.

any story behind that?

Ultravision-Karate (Mabey...)

There are lots of pirate games that only came with one page (or a card), but I can not think of any that had nothing.

There are plenty of Taiwan knock-offs that didn't come with manuals.

Speaking of items over $10,000. I noticed that the seller is stating that Paypal limits a transaction to $10,000. He said he was going to contact Ebay, and Paypal to see what to do next. For anyone who has actually sold something for more than $10,000 on Ebay. What exactly do people do when this situation occurs? Just food for thought.

I've never run into that problem as an eBay seller. Sure would be nice, though.

I see someone bid $12,000 with only a feedback of 2 which was canceled. That's very smart to set a feedback requirement. I don't know about this person, of course, but to some people it's just playing with numbers. They don't expect to actually have to pay for it in the end.

Ten thousand dollars, for this? I just played the game to review it on my web site and it sucks... it's a clone of Garry Kitchen's Space Jockey with the action turned on its side and buildings grafted on. Amazing that someone would pay ten grand for a knock-off of a game that typically goes for 1/1000th of that price.

Ten thousand dollars, for this? I just played the game to review it on my web site and it sucks... it's a clone of Garry Kitchen's Space Jockey with the action turned on its side and buildings grafted on. Amazing that someone would pay ten grand for a knock-off of a game that typically goes for 1/1000th of that price.

I don't think anyone's bidding for the quality of the game. If that were the case, games like Pitfall! or Zelda would fetch $50,000. :D

• Like 2

Here is the quote

"2) The bid amount has surpassed the transaction limit that PayPal will allow. I will be contacting PayPal and eBay to discuss what other forms of secure payment that are available. This is no longer a PayPal only auction."

Several options I was thinking about:

1) Multiple PayPal transactions.

2) One PayPal for $10k and the rest in cashiers check/money order.

3) All in cashiers check/money order.

Of course I will wait for everything to clear before mailing anything out. I would get something in writing from the bank saying everyting is cleared with no chance of charge back.

Just want to see what eBay recommends.

any story behind that?

You can read all about the "loan command center" and how to protect it by holding the joystick in a special yogo stance and pressing the fire button with your big toe by reviewing the back of the box.

HAHA

any story behind that?

You can read all about the "loan command center" and how to protect it by holding the joystick in a special yogo stance and pressing the fire button with your big toe by reviewing the back of the box.

HAHA

lol. The conversion to the AA dark side is almost complete.

BTW, have you looked at any escrow services for the auction? Seems like with any big dollar auctions I have seen they use escrow acounts (I can't speak from experience, just seen them described in the auction listing). I bet Google know all about those.

Wow, I have to be honest, I never really expected this. This is truly amazing. When this started I predicted $7,500+. And I thought there was a small chance this would hit $10,000. Boy was I wrong. The auction total is already past what I thought would be an amazing amount for an ending price. And $12,500 is starting to get hard for me to grasp. It will definitely be interesting to see what will happen in the end.

By the way just for fun here are some things you can buy for $12,500

A Luxury African Safari costs $9,000

Hyundai Accent, Nissan Versa, and Kia Rio all have models that are cheaper than $12,500 brand new.

You can get 11 ounces of gold for $12,386

You can get 7 ounces of platinum for $11,650 Meaning that this game not only worth more than its weight in gold. It is worth more than it's weight in platinum.

For me personally as a substitute teacher I could take the rest of the year off if I had this amount of money.

You could pay for your cable tv for the next 20 years with $12,500

$12,500 could easily feed you decently for the next 5 years.

• Like 1