IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Hey Tanman,

As an Atari collector, I wouldn't let this go....but I know how that economy has been and me......if I had this in my garage, attic or basement....and came upon it. I know I would definitely sell it, due to economic struggles that I am having, but I know I would be heart-broken as a true Atari collector.

Just think...you may NEVER have this in your collection EVER again...one of the HOLIEST OF GRAILS EVER for Atari!

I applaud you for having this and I wish you THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS more for this, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple thoughts:

1. I'm surprised my post wasn't received more negatively than it was.

2. Don't get me wrong; I think this is a wicked cool find and it's satisfying to have this long-standing mystery solved.

3. I can appreciate how it would be cool to have this in your collection, but I'd much prefer to have Tanman's story behind it than to have paid a huge sum for it on eBay.

4. Sure, the money is relative... to an extent. But there's still a lot that could be done in the world with $12,000 that couldn't be done with 60 cents.

5. This is just like political debates -- I'm never going to convince someone who doesn't already agree with me. But I'm still an idealist who wishes things were different.

I love lists!

1. I don't get it. Your opinions are as valid as anyone else's.

2. I couldn't agree with you more.

3. I used to have a Tanman kind of story. I found a copy of Air Raid in a thrift store ten years ago. I didn't find a box, but at the time there were only 4 copies of the game known. It was really cool having it in my collection, but I eventually sold it when I ran into a financial hardship. I'm very, very grateful that I found a buyer for the game because it made the difference between keeping my house and losing it. I guess you could say I put that money to better use. My story is cooler still, because the game went to a collector who actually can afford to own it, who enjoys the hell out of owning, playing and preserving it, even more than I did. Thanks again, Rick!

4. True, but don't minimize the fact that 60 cents can feed a family of four who live in the world's most impoverished countries.

5. People are pretty stubborn animals when it comes to their own opinions. Don't sweat it if you don't immediately convince someone to agree with you. Virtually no one can do that. But getting your opinions out there in an intelligent manner (something you do quite well, by the way) gets people to thinking. And THAT, is always a very good thing. Getting people to think is just the sort of thing to make things different, whether you're an idealist or not.

Hey Tanman,

As an Atari collector, I wouldn't let this go....but I know how that economy has been and me......if I had this in my garage, attic or basement....and came upon it. I know I would definitely sell it, due to economic struggles that I am having, but I know I would be heart-broken as a true Atari collector.

Just think...you may NEVER have this in your collection EVER again...one of the HOLIEST OF GRAILS EVER for Atari!

I applaud you for having this and I wish you THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS more for this, my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow an Atari Collector in my area. I live in Olmsted TWP.

Hey Tanman,

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Always cool to find a collector close to home. Wassup neighbor? (lol)

Hey Tanman,

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Always cool to find a collector close to home. Wassup neighbor? (lol)

Confused....why Cleveland and not your residence....Olmsted Falls?

Hey Tanman,

Confused....why Cleveland and not your residence....Olmsted Falls?

just put Cleveland, cause not many people would know where it was.

Getting my popcorn ready to watch the end of this one tonight.

It's the Superbowl of Atari collecting. We probably won't see anything like this again for a long long long long time.

Truly one of the biggest Atari mysteries has been uncovered. Next up, let's uncover that landfill! icon_twisted.gif

The label/box art reminds me of something that would be sketched in the back of a spiral notebook - only better. I like it. It's fame might be part of it's appeal though.

Hey maybe we could get a large group together, chip in like five bucks each, and then divvy up the game in tiny bite-size chunks when we win the auction! LOL.