IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

I was kinda hoping there would be a few bid salvos fired. Guess everyone is waiting for a grand finale. :)

So, I am posed in front of the computer. Got my drink. Got my food. And I am taking recommendations of what music to listen to...

I was kinda hoping there would be a few bid salvos fired. Guess everyone is waiting for a grand finale. :)

So, I am posed in front of the computer. Got my drink. Got my food. And I am taking recommendations of what music to listen to...

I'd go with the classic:

... so that leaves five people who are keeping quite,

What? There are 13 known to exist. The "under 20" thing is fuzzy, meaning someone is leaving it open to possibility that there could be more than the 13 known. It is not known that there are 5 people keeping quiet, or any other number. Any number could be out there, or not. In truth, it could be any number above 13 that exist, as no one can prove or disprove how many there are out there that are unknown. Since 13 are known at this time. The word "known" is really the key here. Not too hard to understand. You're really overthinking this.

EDIT: I just re-read that. I sounded sort of like a Monty Python sketch.

What? There are 13 known to exist. The "under 20" thing is fuzzy, meaning someone is leaving it open to possibility that there could be more than the 13 known. It is not known that there are 5 people keeping quiet, or any other number. Any number could be out there, or not. In truth, it could be any number above 13 that exist, as no one can prove or disprove how many there are out there that are unknown. Since 13 are known at this time. The word "known" is really the key here. Not too hard to understand. You're really overthinking this.

Right. Now you are wandering into the murky waters of epistemology, which questions whether knowledge itself is even knowable. If it is not, how can we know this?

Well, you are near $14,000 currently for something you had in your garage for the last 20+ years, even if it didn't get any more bids that's really not a bad haul. (I have a feeling it will get a few more though, my guess....22k ;) )

Right. Now you are wandering into the murky waters of epistemology, which questions whether knowledge itself is even knowable. If it is not, how can we know this?

We have more information as more carts are found. Or when more who have them make themselves known. But we can't know how many are out there for sure, ever. My attempt at explaining something seemingly simple, did sound sort of pseudo-philosophical though I suppose.

I'm not over thinking it, I'm just trying to figure out if those who have it come out and try to sell theirs will they each still be worth around this much, not as much as Tanmans cause he has the box but minus whatever value the box adds. I'm retired, so if the value of this will stay almost the same no matter how many come out and sell theirs then its something I can buy right now, but is it cause no one else wants to sell theirs or is it cause its really worth this much. Thats what I'm curious. Even if there was 100 of them out there, is the price still over 5k or whatever the others are worth

We have more information as more carts are found. Or when more who have them make themselves known. But we can't know how many are out there for sure, ever. My attempt at explaining something seemingly simple, did sound sort of pseudo-philosophical though I suppose.

Well, if there are more CIB Air Raid cartridges out there, the exposure this auction has gotten is sure to bring them out. Their current owners (if any) would have to be really hard-core collectors to keep them secret after seeing Tanman's copy selling for $14K or more.

IMHO, one or two more will sell for near this price, but only if they have the box. Without it, 3/4 the price MAX, and that's only for ONE OR TWO more, spread out, so they appear like an opportunity.

If a few show up, sans boxes, they will sell for a few thousand, dramatically increasing the value perception surrounding that box.

If a few show up, with boxes, and one is sealed, that's going to be bad ass. Unsealed will maybe fetch what this one did, a few will dilute it, dropping the price significantly, IMHO.

Edited by potatohead

I'm not over thinking it, I'm just trying to figure out if those who have it come out and try to sell theirs will they each still be worth around this much, not as much as Tanmans cause he has the box but minus whatever value the box adds. I'm retired, so if the value of this will stay almost the same no matter how many come out and sell theirs then its something I can buy right now, but is it cause no one else wants to sell theirs or is it cause its really worth this much. Thats what I'm curious. Even if there was 100 of them out there, is the price still over 5k or whatever the others are worth

Where the price could go in the future is really anybody's guess. If new discoveries are found SLOWLY, I would imagine the price would remain high and steadily march higher. But I can't know for certain. Neither can anybody else. On the other hand, if this auction triggers an avalanche of "quiet" collectors coming forth to auction their secret copies of Air Raid, increased supply will surely be recognized by the sharp-eyed collecting community, and the Law of Supply and Demand will play itself out in terms of a lowering price trend.