IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Nice Jose. Congrats. I am thrilled that an AAer got it, and I am even happier it's you. When you open the museum I will be first in line. icon_smile.gif

Finally, something to replace Yankeemania as the crown jewel of your collection. icon_wink.gif

Tanman, that was exciting to watch. I can't imagine how much MORE exciting it was for you. Congratulations!

To the WINNER, nicely done! (If it IS you, Wonder, please confirm)

To the second highest bidder, my sympathies. For you it must have been brutal to watch.

Oh, and congrats to eBay... NOT!! :twisted:

Edited by bfstats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zDoKY9QJJU

For the poor people who missed the auction. Keep in mind, the video is still processing.

Where I live I can't watch the (new-uploaded) video because of a copyright claim by Sony Music Entertainment.

Where I'm at the video is watchable, it just has an ad to buy Europe's music.

EDIT: Yup, just checked and the video is blocked in some counties. Sorry.

Edited by brandondwright

Congratulations to buyer and seller, great entertainment on a Sunday afternoon.

Nearly 400 users have been on AtariAge in the last half hour - that's impressive, but what on earth happened on Tuesday November 14, 2006 that got 1941 users here simultaneously!?

Hello All,

Yes, it is I that won it. :) Thanks for the kind words. Since I won, I have an extra Air Raid available. I already received several inquiries on it. Please submit a formal bid for it if you are interested. I know the cart alone was at $4150 on ebay when it was pulled down to change the auction to a CIB one. If I do not get any acceptable offers, I will hold on to it.....not really in a rush to sell it. I am just making it available right now since several people have already asked me about it.

Please PM me with any questions. My cart is great condition, it is in better condition than the one in this auction so I will keep the better copy obviously. I will give it a week to entertain offers (I will make a decision next Saturday at 7:00 pm PDT if I will accept the highest offer or hold on to it...not sure yet.

Thanks,

- Wonder007

BTW: I also have an Atlantis 2 and Music Machine with instructions available if interested as well. :) Thanks for reading. :)

• Like 6

Nearly 400 users have been on AtariAge in the last half hour - that's impressive, but what on earth happened on Tuesday November 14, 2006 that got 1941 users here simultaneously!?

I don't remember exactly, but I believe the forums were directly linked from a high profile site like Slashdot or Digg.

..Al

I suppose it's "The Final Countdown"...

as obviously the video is much shorter than that song I think it's really not right to block the video for "copyright infringement"... I'd file it under fair use.

Unfortunately, in my country, "fair use" in that form doesn't exist. There are a couple of other laws which are in a similar vein and can be applicable for some stuff which would be "fair use" in US law, but from what I can tell - please don't think I am an expert in the field or trying to pose as one, because my knowledge is rather pedestrian (i.e. Wikipedia ^^) - those can't apply to that video.

Maybe if you'd made an artsy caleidoscope effect with the visual, you seeing the current bid and the time ticking down like from a mosquito's perspective, then perhaps... ;)

But I guess the people (and computer programs) responsible for blocking videos like this don't even really consider all this and propably act rather blindly on this stuff. I'd always try putting in only a middle section of the song, never the beginning (sucks when the intro is the best part ;) ). That might prevent getting blocked by bots... If that doesn't work, maybe putting some fake "hick-ups" (think CD scratches, or mangled mp3 files) in there might help.

Man, I believe I'm thinking about this too much... :D

Edited by Herbarius

Wonder007, according to your profile you joined AtariAge four years before you were born!

With skillz like that it's no wonder people were saying you'd won this auction before you had even started bidding.

*buys first ticket for Atari museum four years before it opens*

Congrats to Wonder007 and Tanman! Incredible auction considering the timing of the box surfacing! This was one of the most exciting and fulfilling experiences I have had Atari-wise since I got my Air Raid, beat Pitfall II, 'solved' Raiders of the Lost Ark, and played Fast Eddie for the first time! Awesome time to be a collector/fan!

I suppose it's "The Final Countdown"...

as obviously the video is much shorter than that song I think it's really not right to block the video for "copyright infringement"... I'd file it under fair use.

Unfortunately, in my country, "fair use" in that form doesn't exist.

Yeah, it doesn't exist in this country either. They give it lip service in copyright law but corporations pay no attention to it.