IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

So the instructions are on the back of the box? Will they be added to the AA database? And the box too?

I probably will not add the "Instructions" on the back of the box as a separate entity. The box scans will be added soon, I now have scans of it. I'm a little leery of putting box scans in the database as that might prompt a deluge of fake boxes showing up on eBay. ;)

..Al

So the instructions are on the back of the box? Will they be added to the AA database? And the box too?

I probably will not add the "Instructions" on the back of the box as a separate entity. The box scans will be added soon, I now have scans of it. I'm a little leery of putting box scans in the database as that might prompt a deluge of fake boxes showing up on eBay. ;)

..Al

CPUWIZ has already seen the box anyway. ;)

• Like 1

Hello! Been away from the computer all day. My email has been blowing on me since the CNN article. A local station is going to be doing an interview with me tomorrow and a radio sation in Iowa is having me on also. Gotta milk my 15 minutes for as long as possible. And I will plug AA as much as possible.

• Like 2

Hello! Been away from the computer all day. My email has been blowing on me since the CNN article. A local station is going to be doing an interview with me tomorrow and a radio sation in Iowa is having me on also. Gotta milk my 15 minutes for as long as possible. And I will plug AA as much as possible.

Be sure to mention how amazing some of the homebrews are, compared to some of the original crap that was released. Air Raid is a perfect example for that. ;)

• Like 3

Well I bid 1k That's the most I am willing without more pics, Asked for more pics, may go higher if I get them and like what i see. I am tied with the high bidder at 1k. I am very skeptical of the 0 feedback, but sometimes willing to gamble.

The screws were taken out at some point. I hope it isn't an Air Raid shell with ET in it.

• Like 1

Just so long as Albert doesn't go around calling himself an expert.

Just for the record, I never called myself an expert during all of this. I'm not sure where that came from. :ponder:

..Al

There are no "experts."

That said, you are as qualified to authenticate an original Atari 2600 game box as anyone else has a right to claim. That makes you an expert, de facto.

Deal with it.

• Like 1

I do want to say one thing. I think tanman sold this thing as well as you could sell an item. He got involved with our community, he took a ton of pictures, answered as many questions as possible, updated us on any important new developments, and met up with the site Administrator to get the game authenticated. The funny thing is that the account has no seller feedback. So hats off to tanman for making all the right moves. Hopefully all future sellers of super rare games will take a hint on the right way of doing something like this.

• Like 3

Thank you sir!!!

I do want to say one thing. I think tanman sold this thing as well as you could sell an item. He got involved with our community, he took a ton of pictures, answered as many questions as possible, updated us on any important new developments, and met up with the site Administrator to get the game authenticated. The funny thing is that the account has no seller feedback. So hats off to tanman for making all the right moves. Hopefully all future sellers of super rare games will take a hint on the right way of doing something like this.

Not to mention taking a lot of guff from non-believers like myself over the timing of this find.

Good form indeed!

• Like 2

Homer, not taking anything away from Tanman, he DID get paid quite hansomely for his efforts. If someone told me my lamp post at home was worth $30k, I'd get involved in the lamp post forums too ;) :D

We owe our gratitiude to Tanman for finally making the box known to us and confirming that this title is in fact Air Raid!

• Like 1

Another thing to note is that both Tanman and Gamecrawler came to this website with a very clear intention to sell their very rare carts. Nagn2 did the same, up to the pooint he was offered to have his cart dumped and verified. At that point he baulked and disappeared. Gamecrawler and Tanman have behaved exactly the way a non-collector would behave, but Nagn2, also a non-collector, and a RESELLER has not behaved in this way. I think it puts it beyond doubt that red sea crossing is a fake

• Like 1

Hey folks, I just listed mine on the bay. This is #11 on the list of 13. How do I copy and post the link? Big thanks go to Tanman and Robert S. for their help! Check it out! Now, I am off to finish taxes!

Cool I found out who the unknown buyer is. List updated! :D Also it should be very interesting to see what this gets in open auction. The label on that game is pretty nice.

So do the two Air Raids on Ebay as of right now bring the total known number to 15 known? I wonder just how many more are going to turn up!

Eh no. If you scroll up a few posts you will see that one of them is already on the list.

Mitch