IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Are you serious? Top of the line classic cars here (fords and Chevvys typically sell for between $250k-$1m. The engines alone are worth much more than $30k ;)

Yes I'm serious. Do you not know the meaning of the word "most" or did you simply choose to ignore that I used it?

No, but I see the meaning of the word "arrogant ass" quite clearly right now. :P

So the guy gets upset because his statement is twisted, and somehow that is arrogant? Ironically I find your statement 10 times more offensive than his. :|

• Like 1

Are you serious? Top of the line classic cars here (fords and Chevvys typically sell for between $250k-$1m. The engines alone are worth much more than $30k ;)

Yes I'm serious. Do you not know the meaning of the word "most" or did you simply choose to ignore that I used it?

No, but I see the meaning of the word "arrogant ass" quite clearly right now. :P

The same could be said of the person that began his straw man reply with "Are you serious?".

So the guy gets upset because his statement is twisted, and somehow that is arrogant? Ironically I find your statement 10 times more offensive than his. :|

Oh no, what ever shall I do? :? I'm so glad you're here to be the ultimate judge of what is and is not offensive. What would we do without you? :P

His statement wasn't necessarily twisted, and a post that is essentially implying that another user is stupid is arrogant. "Do you not know how to read"? You seriously think that's not arrogant?

• Like 2

I knew what you meant, Omega. :) I just don't value someone else's memories as much as mine. To me, Tanner playing with it in his childhood doesn't mean as much to me as having a nicer cart. Now if it were ME playing with it, sure! My Space Invaders is like your Asteroids, beat to hell and back, but it'll probably last longer than my dad does (which even for him will be 35 years at least) and having the original cart I played with him is more important.

I don't care what other kids remember, just what kid Cebus remembers. :lol:

I see your point.

BTW, did anyone catch the "his story" reference in my post? I thought I snuck it in there pretty good. :)

This whole issue can be solved with Wonder007 trading his better's conditioned cart with Atari2600lives's cart. Both have much to gain with the trade. For Atari2600lives, he now gets the superior cart. For Wonder007, he gets the likely original cart that was included with his box.

This whole issue can be solved with Wonder007 trading his better's conditioned cart with Atari2600lives's cart. Both have much to gain with the trade. For Atari2600lives, he now gets the superior cart. For Wonder007, he gets the likely original cart that was included with his box.

For me it's not an issue though. It's Wonder's stuff. I thought we were just talking about what we'd have done, and not what Wonder should do?

For me it's not an issue though. It's Wonder's stuff. I thought we were just talking about what we'd have done, and not what Wonder should do?

Oh, I mean if Wonder regrets what he did I'm sure Atari2600lives would gladly trade back.

Oh no, what ever shall I do? :? I'm so glad you're here to be the ultimate judge of what is and is not offensive. What would we do without you? :P

His statement wasn't necessarily twisted, and a post that is essentially implying that another user is stupid is arrogant. "Do you not know how to read"? You seriously think that's not arrogant?

What is wrong with you? Over the months you have really started to rip into other members. You used to not be this way. But you really have started to become a lot less respectful in your replies.

• Like 1

I am sad and jaded because I do not have an Air Raid of my own, matching numbers or not? :sad:

I know, things have changed. It's just, well, work's been really hard. They say I might make partner but my boss keeps creeping up on me with all these CRAZY DEADLINES and my head keeps spinning from everything I've got to do every day. I know I used to bring you flowers, and I know we used to have romance. Where did that go? I don't know; maybe it's because you burn the meatloaf, maybe it's because I don't call you beautiful, but you know we can never go back to the old days, the way things were. Too much has happened since then.

I should probably let you know I've been having an affair, homer. She was my secretary but now she's something more. It's not YOU, though, it's ME! I'm just not good enough for you. I'm not perfect like Atlantis 2. Her name is Cosmic Ark 2. She says nice things about me, like you used to. Remember when we used to dance under the stars? I miss that.

I'm sorry but I guess this means, well, it's over. Don't pack my things, I'll have someone sent for them.

(Don't take the internet so seriously. Very rarely do I ever "rip into anyone" and generally I am just pulling someone's leg. I do genuinely apologize if it seems I am being a jackass, though. I don't intend for it to be that way. :D )

• Like 4

What is wrong with you? Over the months you have really started to rip into other members. You used to not be this way.

Must be my influence. :twisted: :!:

The inredibly ironic thing was the first thing I thought to post was "I guess I must be hanging around with PBJ too much." Seriously. :lol:

• Like 1

What? That thing with Crazy Climber was just a stupid mistake from a business trip I went on! We had one too many margaritas on the beach, the sunset was so beautiful, one thing led to another, I SWEAR! I was thinking about you the entire time! You said you forgave me for that! How can you bring up such hurtful memories?

I thought this would be a civil break-up. I thought we could just peacefully go our separate ways, split up our possessions without needing to go to court, but I guess I was wrong, just like I was wrong in admitting my mistakes to you.

You'll be getting a phone call from my attorneys tomorrow. Enjoy that CIB Atlantis 2 while you can, because I'm going straight for the jugular. I'm telling them about how I 'fell down the stairs' that one time, and I kept the pictures in a safe deposit box.

• Like 1

And what is the relevance of this? Your analogy would be relevant if Wonder007 removed the label off one cart and placed it on another cart. With a comic, removing the cover and placing it on another copy requires some sort of manipulation of the components that make up the item. By swapping carts, there is no manipulation of the item, thus my analogy to the swapping of labels.

The cartridge and box (and instructions, when applicable) are components that make up the item.

You're missing the point, so I'll spell it out. To replace a comic cover, you have to physically manipulate the components - i.e. you have to open the staples, remove the cover and line up the new cover. Maybe the staples are not in the same exact position as the previous cover, so you may have to make new holes. At any rate, sure, it may look the same, but components of the item (i.e. the staples) have been physically modified. That is the same as using a heat gun to remove a label off an Atari cart and apply it to a different cart.

This is different from just placing a different cart in a different box. No physical manipulation of components is required.

You're missing the point, so I'll spell it out. To replace a comic cover, you have to physically manipulate the components - i.e. you have to open the staples, remove the cover and line up the new cover. Maybe the staples are not in the same exact position as the previous cover, so you may have to make new holes. At any rate, sure, it may look the same, but components of the item (i.e. the staples) have been physically modified. That is the same as using a heat gun to remove a label off an Atari cart and apply it to a different cart.

This is different from just placing a different cart in a different box. No physical manipulation of components is required.

I'm not missing anything. Your distinction is arbitrary, which was my point.

Where is the receipt?

Not all stores provide a receipt for each and every purchase (in some stores you need to specifically ask for one if you want one). In any event, the receipt is not part of what was included in the product from the factory (that's not to say that a receipt can't have added value in the form of "provenance").

Edited by MaximRecoil

No, I saw it, but still disagree.

The word "classic" is used by sellers to describe old cars in the same way as "ULTRA RARE L@@K" is used to describe Combat carts on Ebay. Not every old car is a "classic". For a car to be a classic it requires, amongst other things, some sort of appeal, desire, performance, features etc. It is for this reason that a Hyundai, no matter how old, will never be a classic. The condition is also important. A '65 Mustang GT may be a classic model, but looking at some of the examples that are on offer, they can hardly be described as classic.

Therefore, most of the true classic cars, GT500, Dinos, Stingtrays, Porsches, etc, etc, would sell for over $30k, at least around my parts anyway.