IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

It's amazing that this thread has had over 1900 replies and over 100,000 views. :o

Biggest thread here, perhaps?

Tanman, if you don't mind me asking, what did you and your wife finally decide to do with the money? And did you ever find out if you need to pay taxes on it?

Not sure yet on what we might buy.

Yeah, gonna have to pay taxes next April. Have to declare it as additional income.

It's amazing that this thread has had over 1900 replies and over 100,000 views. :o

Biggest thread here, perhaps?

Tanman, if you don't mind me asking, what did you and your wife finally decide to do with the money? And did you ever find out if you need to pay taxes on it?

Yeah, gonna have to pay taxes next April. Have to declare it as additional income.

I'd like to know why, all you did was sell some personal property, and it's not like you bought it as an investment in the first place! :?:

^ That is bullshit there.

Pretend you lost it all in a bad investment.

Also, still no Mr. Air raid mold. :ponder:

Watch him come back with 10 sealed games that were never sold or something crazy like that. :roll:

There's no income tax in Texas, but you have to report that on the Federal form. Well, technically you don't have to report anything, but if they find out, you're in serious doo doo. I don't know the amount, but generally the government allows a ceiling under which you can earn for certain things. Sometimes, you can claim that you bought item X for 10,000 and sold it for 12,000, such as a car, and get away with it. But he can't do that in this case.

I'd like to know why, all you did was sell some personal property, and it's not like you bought it as an investment in the first place! :?:

You do understand that under Federal law, you have to pay taxes on all income received, including from sales of personal property, right? Unless you paid more than you sold it for, the gain on every sale you make is taxable subject to certain exemptions.

You do understand that under Federal law, you have to pay taxes on all income received, including from sales of personal property, right? Unless you paid more than you sold it for, the gain on every sale you make is taxable subject to certain exemptions.

I think he has to pay capital gains tax. Which is 28 percent for collectibles. I wonder though if video games are considered a collectible under the eyes of the law? If he declares it as income it probably will be around 28 percent as well. So in reality it really doesn't matter how he reports it.

I think he has to pay capital gains tax. Which is 28 percent for collectibles. I wonder though if video games are considered a collectible under the eyes of the law? If he declares it as income it probably will be around 28 percent as well. So in reality it really doesn't matter how he reports it.

Why so high a percentage? It's not like he got a million for it. Why 28% and not 8%?

Why so high a percentage? It's not like he got a million for it. Why 28% and not 8%?

Because it is a collectible. Or at least I think it is a collectible. Again the government charges this for collectibles. Since video games are a relatively new hobby it is possible that video games are not considered collectibles.

Because it is a collectible. Or at least I think it is a collectible. Again the government charges this for collectibles. Since video games are a relatively new hobby it is possible that video games are not considered collectibles.

At what price does it become a collectible? I mean, $28 on every $100 seems sky-high. If I sell a game for $100 do I have to pay?

• 8 months later...

Only men-a-vision worth so much ?

Other companies in different countries have released this game too. Do they worth anything ?

did any other company pirate air raid?

i might be wrong - but i think it's interesting and valuable for a few reasons

1 - only a few were produced.

2- only game Menavision ever produced

3- the origins of menavision are mysterious - they appeared - produced 1 game - and disappeared.

There are no other known releases of Men-A-Vision's Air Raid. Time Race and Gefecht im All are pirate copies of Space Jockey. Air Raid is a very heavily modified hack of Space Jockey, and plays quite differently. Two other games titled as "Air Raid" were released by Brazilian pirate companies Cosmovision and Dinatronic, but these are actually pirates of "Air Battle", which is a completely different game.

Edited by A.J. Franzman
  • Like 1