IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

I have a weird memory for numbers.

http://www.atariage....ost__p__1945921

But he has not posted in this thread as have a few people who could be legitimate contenders. It could go to somebody who you might never imagine, this could be the item they pull the stops out on. Remember, it right now is the only one. Also a good chance it could go to a person who isn't even a member here.

I never said that he said this in this thread. Read my post again. I said publicly stated, and that is exactly what he did. I can't help it if you misinterpreted what I said.

• Like 1

I have gotten three people today who have bid then retracted their bids stating "Wrong amount entered". Now I have the current leader asking if he can cancel also. This after he has had the highest bid for over two days. I have no doubt that these people are children just trying to get there name attached to the auction. Each bidder that does this is getting banned from the auction and being reported to eBay.

They have had no effect on the price because their bids have not run up someone else auto bids. I figured this was going to happen with all the attention it is getting.

I have gotten three people today who have bid the retracted their bids stating "Wrong amount entered". Now I have the current leader asking if he can cancel also. This after he has had the highest bid for over two days. I have no doubt that these people are children just trying to get there name attached to the auction. Each bidder that does this is getting banned from the auction and being reported to eBay.

They have had no effect on the price because their bids have not run up someone else auto bids. I figured this was going to happen with all the attention it is getting.

they are trying to see the top bidders amount i think....report their ass!

I did not miss what you said but do you honestly think he would have posted that if he knew one would come up a couple of months later? Actually I'm sure he would rather that post was not remembered.

Well you are the one that called me on my statement. I did not expect you to try to call me on my statement. You thought I was making stuff up, and you decided to try to get egg on my face. My post said he publicly stated that he would bid over $10,000. Since the auction had already reached my stated post I felt I was safe. My mistake.

If I said nothing the usual haters on me would start to pile on. And I felt that the odds of Wonders post remaining hidden would be exceedingly slim. I mean it is not that hard to search the forum to see what Wonder actually said. Since the ball was already rolling I decided to defend myself with my public source.

Again, sorry. Sometimes I forget my posts are analyzed like a microscope, and the minute I make a slip up people are ready to pounce on me. Using hindsight I should of worded my sentence a tad bit more carefully. Again sorry about that.

Homer, I was not trying to get egg on your face. I was just talking about this thread. I'm sure we could dig alot of posts up of people saying they would pay XXX for something but when the time comes they would prefer to be silent and let their bank account do the talking. No microscope used, not trying to bash you.

Well, if it went through my chain of events, there's definitely not a pallet anywhere. Downstream retailers are meticulous about ensuring that old stock is destroyed or moved out after a time period. At Ross they have a special team that just goes through every week and scans every item in the store on a PDT or Telxon, and if it beeps as older than 6 months it gets put in a cart, taken to the back, for the freight crew to destroy.

What would the point be in destroying old stock? If it's not making anymore money, why not sell them for something like $1.00 each, or a crate of 50 to stores for like $25? It's still a loss, but not a total loss like destruction.

• Like 1

What would the point be in destroying old stock? If it's not making anymore money, why not sell them for something like $1.00 each, or a crate of 50 to stores for like $25? It's still a loss, but not a total loss like destruction.

Are you serious?

We all know who is going to end up with it anyway. Everybody else might as well not bid.

Do enlighten us!

I was wondering who Crunchy was talking about also.

I'm getting this image in my head of a schoolgirl...in a short skirt???? :rolling:

He won't buy it. I personally know him, and don't believe he currently has a spare $30,000 lying around (unless he sells his collection).

Are you serious?

Yeah, but by that tone I feel like I somehow made an ass out of myself. :)

I have gotten three people today who have bid then retracted their bids stating "Wrong amount entered". Now I have the current leader asking if he can cancel also. This after he has had the highest bid for over two days. I have no doubt that these people are children just trying to get there name attached to the auction. Each bidder that does this is getting banned from the auction and being reported to eBay.

You know this blows big time. Ebay really needs to reevaluate how they handle their auctions. Auctions with big ticket items need to handled differently. Almost every single high priced video game auction on Ebay seems to get screwed with in some way. I really hope things totally work out for you in the end, and you do get a legitimate buyer. There needs to be a law where if you screw with an auction as big as this that you will get some jail time. If people felt there was a possibility that they would go to jail for doing something like this, than I am sure there would not be so many moronic bidders out there.

Hey tan did you contact eBay and ask about how to get paid with PayPal over 10 K? I need to know =)

They will only do 10k. Going to have to do one paypal and most likely a cashier check or something. I am going to post a running account of everything on here. Invoice sent date, payment sent, payment deposited etc I figured the more light I shine on the process, the more secure everyone will feel and cut down on any issues.

Also wanted to note that I have been contacted by a person with a feedback score of 9 who wanted to bid. Everything checked out contact wise and they just bought a car off eBay last month and got a positive review from that seller. I cleared them to bid.