views: 75278

price: $13,877.78

6 hours to end

views:76528

price: 13,877.78

Edited by revolutionika

The Infamous New Speed Collector.

http://cgi6.ebay.com...mpleted=1&all=1

He is the one, that bought The LockJaw Manual for 1k and I believe, The loose River Patrol for $1k , from Phantom. HHW

The buyer isn't new. He has some of the rarest Atari carts in his collection including Gauntlet. A legit buyer. The seller would be happy to have him buy this.

If I was the seller I would worry about a non paying bidder or someone who would scam him. If he is lucky the current high bidder will win this.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

He is the one, that bought The LockJaw Manual for 1k and I believe, The loose River Patrol for $1k , from Phantom. HHW

The buyer isn't new. He has some of the rarest Atari carts in his collection including Gauntlet. A legit buyer. The seller would be happy to have him buy this.

If I was the seller I would worry about a non paying bidder or someone who would scam him. If he is lucky the current high bidder will win this.

Yeah, let's hope for that. With these amounts of money in play, it's almost worth doing escrow. Sheesh!!

Escrow is a middle transactor, where both parties draft and agree to the terms of the transaction.

The escrow company then manages the transaction, insuring that both parties see their terms through. It's most often seen by ordinary people as part of buying a house. Escrow services cost some amount of money, depending on what is needed. Couriers can be used to help in these things too.

In this case, the game would be shipped to the escrow company, who would hold it, until the financial terms are properly met, then would arrange for shipment of the item in question, potentially invoking a courier for that purpose. An example would be the buyers funds clearing and paid to the escrow company, before the item is released, or for the buyer, verifying the item is actually material, before committing to dollars.

The cost of the service basically pays down risk for everybody. It's also worth it when a transaction is complex, which is why escrow is a part of nearly every real-estate transaction involving a bank. That's what most people experience. I've used escrow and couriers to complete some business transactions professionally, where some risk was involved. It beats simply taking the risk, or not doing the transaction!

Edited by potatohead

Yeah, that works. The "Transporter" is really a courier, with bad ass credentials and or skills.

A courier can do some of this stuff too. Let's say the buyer wanted to check the item out before buying. In that scenario, a seller could ship the item to the courier, who then takes it to the prospective buyer, meeting them at a secure place. The buyer then would examine the object, under the watchful eye of the courier.

At that time, payment could be made, if that's one of the services rendered by the courier. This works for a cash transaction, for example :) The courier works as the agent for the seller, in that case, making their money by serving as a proxy, with benefits.

Old world solutions to old problems still exist. You just don't hear about them very often, as so many things are electronic, or mainstream these days.

Edited by potatohead

Everything should go fine. I am ok with a cashiers check from a US bank. The buyer will have to understand that there will be a wait until everything clears.

The buyer has very little to worry about. Everyone knows who I am. There have been web stories written. CNN will be running one tomorrow about the auction with my name in it. Everyone has seen my picture. And yall can send Albert over to run me over with his moutain bike.

finally I can chat... First I wanted to say Congrats to Tanman. Just Curious, how are you feeling about selling your game and how are you feeling towards all the attention your getting, meaning about all the media stuff??

Also, was also curious to all that might know, will this be the highest ever sell for the atari 2600??

Also, was also curious to all that might know, will this be the highest ever sell for the atari 2600??

Yes this will be the highest sold,the previous record was $58.89c

Are you serious?? WOW, I thought someone would of said somewhere close to the thousands, didn't expect just around $50 dollars.

I am sure that came out wrong somehow.

I know other copies of Air Raid without the box have sold for close to three thousand US dollars. Maybe that price was in European Doubloons or Farthings?

Wp

Does anyone know whats the correct number of copies of Air Raid ever made, cause in the auction, ontop he said Original Owner-Good Condition-Only 13 known to exist and when you scroll down I believe but when you scroll down the same page he says, Some articles have called it the holy grail of 2600 games. There are less than 20 known to exist. So is it 13 or 20 and does it really matter how many was made if this is to be the only one thats known to be known?? Meaning, if another person came out showing they had one, would that mean the game is not as worth as its going for or no matter if 13 or 20 people came out and said they had it, they all would be worth around this much, yes I know this one is worth more cause it has the box, but just curious how that would work. Collectors and collecting stuff has always interested me. So thats why I'm trying to see what others thoughts are.

Yes this will be the highest sold,the previous record was $58.89c

Are you serious?? WOW, I thought someone would of said somewhere close to the thousands, didn't expect just around $50 dollars.

No i am not serious,but thanks, your answer gave me a good laugh :lolblue: ,also welcome to Atariage.