IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

My suggestion would be to make an alteration or deletion, that hopefully only you would notice (Or tanman or Wonder) and if a new one pops up matching your "alteration", can you say "Busted!"

like this?

:D :lol: :D

I was thinking a bit more subtle ;)

But all kidding aside, that does show how easy it is to fake something.

And you always want to bust the frauds. I thank Tom Clancy for keeping it in my mind. I am going through all of his books again, and he uses the term Canary Trap in a similar type of way of catching someone stealing information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_trap

A $31K cart is good for all collectors, because the publicity will cause more people to dig out their own old Atari stuff, bringing more rare stuff out of hiding. The prices will adjust accordingly, after the noobs with dollar signs in their eyes realize that their crazy BIN prices and outrageous opening bid prices aren't selling.

A $31K cart is good for all collectors, because the publicity will cause more people to dig out their own old Atari stuff, bringing more rare stuff out of hiding.

I do agree with this, as I am receiving many email messages from people asking about Atari stuff they're digging out of their closet. Nobody's come up with anything terribly rare yet. :)

..Al

A $31K cart is good for all collectors, because the publicity will cause more people to dig out their own old Atari stuff, bringing more rare stuff out of hiding.

I do agree with this, as I am receiving many email messages from people asking about Atari stuff they're digging out of their closet. Nobody's come up with anything terribly rare yet. :)

..Al

I am just happy they are annoying you instead of us. You have sacrificed your PM's for the greater good of the community, and the 20 different posts asking us if these games are rare or not. I guess that is what happens when you have been certified as an expert. :P

;)

Now that my auction is over I can wade a little more into the discussions that are taking place. Some one earlier posted a comment on how they don’t like the attention that this auction brought to the hobby. They commented that they felt it was going increase the price of Atari items for a period of time.

My only response is that the hobby of collecting Atari games is not a growing pastime. Teenagers are not deciding to start collecting stuff that was 20 years before their time. Any attention that shines a spot light on this hobby, regardless of the fact that it might cause you to pay a few extra dollars for your next purchase, is a GOOD THING.

We want MORE attention, not less. I like the fact that my auction has brought so much attention to this hobby. Funny thing is one month ago I had no interest at all in this. Now here I am defending it against someone who wants to hide away so they can pay less for their games.

Also, for the people on the other sites who are still debating whether or not the box is real, it is. Get over it.

Thanks!!

Tanner

• Like 10

My father owned a injection molding company in the 70's-90's we were watching the news today and he started laughing He designed the mold and ran 51 parts shipped them out and never reserved payment. it was a test order for a company in Arkansas. He thinks he still has the molds. My father is retired and 74 yrs old. He is the type of man that saves everything, and forgets nothing. I have seen a few other old molds laying it the barn and they weigh a ton, so this should be fun on my back. We will be digging them out tomorrow.

My father owned a injection molding company in the 70's-90's we were watching the news today and he started laughing He designed the mold and ran 51 parts shipped them out and never reserved payment. it was a test order for a company in Arkansas. He thinks he still has the molds. My father is retired and 74 yrs old. He is the type of man that saves everything, and forgets nothing. I have seen a few other old molds laying it the barn and they weigh a ton, so this should be fun on my back. We will be digging them out tomorrow.

If that is true.... :o :o :o