IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

Yikes, after watching that video, I think I am going to sit back, and get my popcorn. This should be interesting.

Why? He seems like a regular guy, comes off legit. Don't see him pulling the stunk, swindle somebody, and appear on TV like that. And getting the wife to go along? Maybe his wife is just an actress? :roll:

It has nothing to do with him. Lets just say, I am seeing something that either A)No one else seems to notice, or B)No one wants to talk about.

But to those who actually noticed it, than you know exactly what I am talking about.

I didnt notice anything... :?

Wow, you are a gigantic @$$hole. Him not being a collector is *entirely* consistent with someone who stashed something away for 20 years and isn't even sure of what he has. You sound like a bitter old Simpsons comic book nerd.

Thanks Kid, I'm flattered. Me and Tanner have resolved this, but thanks for making my day. Keep in mind, that was in reference to an earlier post of mine that was 'conspiracy based' wondering if it all was a hoax. Anyway, glad things worked out for everyone, and fun watching history being made!

Oh and for the record, not much of a Simpsons *or* comic book fan. :)

Edited by Murph74

Ok the Name of the Company was Norwood Welding, tool, and die Located at 5312 Carthage Ave. Norwood Oh 45212 My Father Jay Moore was Contracted By Charles Rigdon of Felicity Plastics to create a Die/Mold. My father created, cast, made this mold. When Making a Mold it has to be tested. Dad said that 51 parts would really only be 25 and 1/2 games/carts. The one mold would run both sides of the cart. This test run is sent to the client and the mold is then sent to the injection molding people whom then make the carts. The reason why my father was never paid was not the game peoples fault but was the injection peoples. They told him that the parts were to big and the mold was returned. My fathers says his specs were never a small bit off. But the Client stated he made the cast for the part to large by about an inch. The 51 parts were not returned. I asked dad why the extra 1/2 and he said that there is always 1 extra for quality control. The parts were shipped to Arkansas to a P.O.Box with no name. I found this odd and after reading how skeptic everyone is I asked why would you send these parts to nobody. Dad said that Felicity plastics was where his paycheck came from not whomever else. Thats all the info I got, but I can tell you this. I remember my father coming in from work and scrapping potatoes into towels then putting them on his eyes to help with flash burns, he has a hard time seeing now. I was two young to remember much to any of this. I was born in 89 and I am only 20 now, I'll never tell him I said this but I believe my father messed up the order. You just have to know dad.... The jack of all trades master of none type of guy. Hope this has been helpful.

Cool story!

A machinist being off by an entire inch seems unlikely to me. They usually deal in thousandths of inches.

So if true, this means there is a possibility that 25 or less Air Raid carts where ever made? That would be crazy if the user posting about the molds is in fact correct in assuming his father made the mold for Air Raid. Wonder why he didn't sell the mold to another company afterward? Would only make sense to sell it to someone else after the original order went sour. I know I wouldn't have been content with just righting off $45k on my next tax return thats for damn sure.

In the end, if the Air Raid mold is still out there and within grasp I would contribute to a fund to have it destroyed as soon as possible.

When you say the carts were an inch to big, which direction was that? Were they too long, too short, too wide?

If they were made too wide and didn't fit into the cartridge port, then they couldn't have been used at all. Men-A-Vision must've gotten their carts made somewhere else if they didn't physically fit.

Ok the Name of the Company was Norwood Welding, tool, and die Located at 5312 Carthage Ave. Norwood Oh 45212 My Father Jay Moore was Contracted By Charles Rigdon of Felicity Plastics to create a Die/Mold.

Felicity Plastic still exists, about 20 miles outside Cincinnati. Yahoo people search shows a listing for Jay Moore on Carthage Ave. I just sent a PM offering to help move molds in the barn. Sounds like more fun than cleaning out my basement and re-plumbing the sink (honey-do-list for this weekend).

Felicity Plastic still exists, about 20 miles outside Cincinnati. Yahoo people search shows a listing for Jay Moore on Carthage Ave. I just sent a PM offering to help move molds in the barn. Sounds like more fun than cleaning out my basement and re-plumbing the sink (honey-do-list for this weekend).

Damn, I wish I could be there with you.

Good luck with the digging!

8)

In the end, if the Air Raid mold is still out there and within grasp I would contribute to a fund to have it destroyed as soon as possible.

Are you insane?

If it's found, it belongs in Jose's museum.

8)

screw jose,highest bidder rules :cool:

• Like 1

For a long time it was theorized that Mena-Vision (sic) might be a reference to Mena, Arkansas. I suspect this is just some random person messing around, but I guess we'll see what happens.

Oh, I missed this. Yeah that would be interesting. Mena, Arkansas, and would explain how a copy wound up at a surplus store in Texas.

So, if the mold turns out to be what we're thinking it might, I would interject that while there were 25.5 shells made, the boxes are likely much more plentiful, at least when they were made (hell, what kids saved boxes then?), since most companies wouldn't just make 25 of them. Also, if Men-A-Vision didn't pay up, then it could explain why they disappeared...to avoid creditors. If I were a ripoff artist, I'd ask for 25 sample cases, then have another company make me 25 sample boxes. Of course, I'd *intend* to make thousands more carts, but when they found out I was a crook, I'd skip town and go back to Taiwan. However, I don't know how the printing companies work, but would anyone actually make 25 sample boxes of something?

I wonder if the mold owner's dad chose the blue color, and if not, why Men-A-Vision did.

Also, I don't think it's come up, but the box is certainly one of the coolest VCS boxes ever...hell it's at least in the top 50 for the category of "coolest box for all systems ever," really.

-Rob

Edited by rbudrick

I wonder if the mold owner's dad chose the blue color, and if not, why Men-A-Vision did.

The lightblue matches the lightblue of the sky on the label on which an Air Raid is shown.

Or something like that.

Just like the Kong Kong label shows a lot of lightblue sky, hence the lightblue cartridge:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-king-kong_12907.html

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

So, if the mold turns out to be what we're thinking it might, I would interject that while there were 25.5 shells made, the boxes are likely much more plentiful, at least when they were made (hell, what kids saved boxes then?), since most companies wouldn't just make 25 of them. Also, if Men-A-Vision didn't pay up, then it could explain why they disappeared...to avoid creditors. If I were a ripoff artist, I'd ask for 25 sample cases, then have another company make me 25 sample boxes. Of course, I'd *intend* to make thousands more carts, but when they found out I was a crook, I'd skip town and go back to Taiwan. However, I don't know how the printing companies work, but would anyone actually make 25 sample boxes of something?

Also, I don't think it's come up, but the box is certainly one of the coolest VCS boxes ever...hell it's at least in the top 50 for the category of "coolest box for all systems ever," really.

-Rob

Not necessarily. Even in the 1980s, you could do a one-off of a box mock-up if you were willing to pay for it. I doubt a printer would agree to just hand over 25 sample boxes without a deposit at a minimum, but then I would have assumed the same thing about the shells. To even get to that point, someone had to do the box art design, so there could be art out there somewhere. Given the weirdness surrounding this whole story, I don't think there is strong evidence right now either for there being more boxes or against their existence.

I have been fighting the T-Storms and Weedeating all day to beable to even get into the Barn. Deforestification is one of my favorite pass times. I haven't seen anything yet and I really have no clue what it is I am looking for. After talking to dad and the fact that the cart brought 31 thousand I will admit I smell money so i am trying. Also to answer a few questions the parts were shipped to a P.O. Box 1987 Corinth AR 72824. Dad found a old carbon copy log book. Cininoti sent me a PM and I am going to see about having him meet me in the Clermont county area I think that will be have way. Also the mold only cost $4500.00 not $45000.00, hummm trying to remember conversations.... Cart being to long from insert to top of handle...... My father said He had the blue material in the injector from running a test run of baby formula lids so I used it up. One more thing I still have yet to figure out how this is going to pay off for me just yet. If I do find this thing Dad could make more carts only if he could find the right mix of plastics to get the color and texture right, Which isn't easy and to sell the mold well shipping would be ungoodly expensive.

Edited by Stick
  • Like 4