IGNORED

My Air Raid Auction Update

Tanman

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I own the most complete version and owned the first one that was discovered and trust me, this is a fake. All of the physical traits of this fake are not consistent to the ones I have and had. I saw one picture were you can see the inside of it and it is nothing close to the original. A red manual, the manual is not red, I can assure you of that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I had a old friend of mine stop by the other day and we got to talking about old video games. After a few beers I cracked open the closet that houses all the old Atari stuff I collected after the auction. Thought I check back in (and seeing that this thread was already recently bumped up).

Cracks me up that there are fake air raids being produced. Seems like there would be better things to try and fool people with. I still have high res scans of my original box from way back. Wonder007, maybe we should setup an Air Raid authentication service? heh?

Reading back over all the info on the game, I never knew there was a instruction manual with the game. Kinda makes me want to crack open the storage locker again and open up all my old boxes. Just when I though I was out, they pull me back in!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone!

Tanner

• Like 7

There is someone on Facebook who believes the "authentic" boxes are all hoaxes made by one individual (or a conspiracy of several people), and that they are slowly being leaked out to cash in on them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/atariage/permalink/10152839087650255/?comment_id=10153622947670255&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R"}

I posted my opinion in that thread, but I'm not going to continue going back and forth with John Chrisopoulos.

..Al

• Like 1