IGNORED

Atari XE Refurb Plant and New Case Badges

flashjazzcat

25 minutes ago, Sugarland said:

So THAT'S what your desk looked like before it turned to shit. ;)  If you sell it, call it battle scarred!

Wrong desk. I still use that one as my main desk. I assume you mean the one in the videos, which I recently replaced anyway. :)

On 4/2/2010 at 11:09 PM, wood_jl said:

That's an interesting thought. If you just made a nice glossy vinyl decal that perfectly copies the original, it would look fine and be cheap. Maybe you could use silver color or plastic "chrome" for the "130XE" that's kind of metal with spirals cut in it. This might make it so much cheaper it would be quite feasible. I imagine to get ones that are 3D like the original would be prohibitively expensive.

There is someone who sells these for the Commodore computers on eBay, maybe see how he manufactures them (the badges, not necessarily the chrome ones)

(Still a work in progress)

20200502_173639.jpg

A late thanks to jon for pointing out a 65XE badge, it made me do a bigger hunt and I did find a 130XE badge, I also tried Best and Bradley responded super quick and was nice as pie but sadly he's ran out of them, we even had a chat about old times so good for you Bradley!

Here's where I found 

https://www.mateoproceo.com/all-products/469-atari-130xe-label-logo-sticker-badge-brushed-aluminum-162-x-10-mm-293c-.html

Also thanks to Lastic for helping out as well as others, top people!

This place does a lot of Atari badges

• Like 1

See the auction link below for a badge that is made of vinyl.  This fits way better than the plastic badge that looks like brushed aluminum (the badge from mateoproceo is too thick and it doesn't look very good when installed).

https://allegro.pl/oferta/sticker-znaczek-atari-800-xe-65-xe-130-xe-7965983438

He also sells on facebook and ships worldwide.

Another option is to strip the faded paint from the original Atari badge, to reveal the aluminum finish underneath.  I love the way it looks (picture of my 130xe is attached).

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

• Like 1

A much simpler idea might be to get a high res scan of a badge and then edit the pic to whatever number you want then print on high quality thick glossy, or matte sticky back paper or card stock. It won't have the raised fuji or model number but I'm sure it would still look good. just a quick thought.

Now, The Atari 800 has a square metal sticker w/ fuji, then to the right there ia a plastic sticker that says Atari 800. I have the Harry font, but I don't have the outlined numbers for 800.

1: Does anyone have the font w/ the outlined numbers?

2: There is plenty of space to the right side to add Incognito.

Any ideas?

Edited by Kyle22
remove typo

56 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

Now, The Atari 800 has a square metal sticker w/ fuji, then to the right there ia a plastic sticker that says Atari 800. I have the Harry font, but I don't have the outlined numbers for 800.

1: Does anyone have the font w/ the outlined numbers?

2: There is plenty of space to the right side to add Incognito.

Any ideas?

I just want someone to machine a metal enclosure for the entire 800.  That way it really will survive into the apocalypse.  Walking Dead had a 2600 in it, when we all know the 800 would last longer :P

That font on the 800 just SCREAMS 1970s, doesn't it?  https://atari8bit.net/atari-fonts/

Fat Preppie font RULES!  Sadly I don't really see the actual font for the front label.  But I used to have huge collections of fonts, I'll look for a close approximation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly no, not taken the tape off the bottom  as I want to (laughs) retrobright the case but its about 1mm above the case and the label for the sicker in nowhere near that..The black plastic edge does not look too bad but deffo will not be flush.

Edit: Just tried a little with a bit of the label for the sticky back off and its got a lip.

Edited by Mclaneinc