IGNORED

My Craigslist find! :D

Elliot

I knew CPUWIZ was all over this one!!!! :P

Hey, it was a last minute thing, I got annoyed as hell with some of the comments in the Air Raid thread. You can't do this, you can't fake that. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Give my wife a challenge like a Tigervision box, BAM, in your face fools. All the pics of the box, are of the box she made (mind you she made it years ago). And yes, I was really lifting price tags yesterday. ;)

:D

• Like 2

Wow, that is an amazing reproduction. Stuff like this actually scares me. Especially the fact that they were able to replicate the metallic looking River Patrol title. Is there anyway to tell the difference between this, and the real deal besides the APRIL Fools joke part?

I'm sure the box that was burned was just a reproduction and not the same box as was pictured.

Edit: Guess not. :D :D

Still, there's more to faking that Air Raid box than what you showed with the River Patrol box. Not saying it can't be done, of course, but I'm sure an examination of your River Patrol box in person would reveal it to be a reproduction.

..Al

Hey, it was a last minute thing, I got annoyed as hell with some of the comments in the Air Raid thread. You can't do this, you can't fake that. BLAH BLAH BLAH!

Unless I missed something, I didn't see anyone say someone couldn't do it, or couldn't fake it. Just that it would be incredibly hard to that level of detail on the Air Raid box. I even said that if it (AR) was a fake, my hat is off to the faker for their knowledge and attention to detail. So, if my comments were some of the ones that annoyed the hell out of you, then :roll: Otherwise :cool: Maybe some of the other comments were more dismissive? It went by pretty fast, maybe I don't recall it all too clearly. Oh, there was the sticker thing I guess.

BTW, your wife's work is really good. She does amazing work, no doubt. But technically speaking, that's not the point. It's possible (but still hard) to fool people with an internet photo of a box, or even in person to someone who doesn't know what to look for. But seeing any box in real life, and looking at it through a loupe with a trained eye, you would be able to tell if that was offset printed or not. That's no insult to anyone's work. Unless that was actually printed on an offset press...!

Nice job on the sticker too!

For a minute there, I was ready to explode myself at hugged with the fury of a thousand suns getting nuked and then going back in time and crashing into the earth. But, I guess not. :D :cool:

This makes me think about how we still tend accept a good photograph as evidence even though most people have the ability to edit them on their computers fairly convincingly. Even video can be edited still-by-still in the same way, albeit requiring a lot more computer-and-manpower.

Like michael buble being stalked by a velociraptor. It's a comment on manufactured personas and the mythos of photographic evidence.

This makes me think about how we still tend accept a good photograph as evidence even though most people have the ability to edit them on their computers fairly convincingly. Even video can be edited still-by-still in the same way, albeit requiring a lot more computer-and-manpower.

Like michael buble being stalked by a velociraptor. It's a comment on manufactured personas and the mythos of photographic evidence.

Eh? You lost me on that one. :?

Wow amazing work CPUWIZ ,,, I was laughing so hard reading this thread before I knew for sure it was a fake, Very nice work on the box.

BUT WAIT YOU BURNED UP A CHILDWORLD/Childrens pallace PRICE TAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love finding boxed games with those price tags on them :(

Ohhhh and the "SAM HILL" comment had me laughing my ass off too.