IGNORED

How fast a collection grows!

StanJr

I restarted my atari collection about one year ago. It began with a Barnstorming cart I found at a flea market. And now, a year later, I have nearly 200 carts, not counting the 25 or so I have for contests. (almost ALL are unique, I'm not a big label variation guy). This is remarkable to me since the thrifts here are totally Sahara, and I've only been to 3 conventions, but thanks to good pals here, and lots of time wasted at flea markets, my collection is doing nicely.

So thinking about this, I wonder how fast some of your collections have grown and also say to newbies who are just starting there is hope!

:) :) :)

I've lost exact count, but my educated guess tells me I have over 700 carts (between 2600 and 7800 combined) of which just over 300 are considered "unique" (IE: Different label, etc).

Out of those 700+, I'd guess close to 500 of them have come to my collection since August! :lol:

Cap

Keep in mind about the numbers I mentioned above. I've mainly been buying what I call "large commons". That is, looking for deals where I get anywhere from 50 - 100 carts at once for one low price. Now however, I've switched gears and I'm looking for boxes or some of the harder-to-find games (still cheap of course).

Cap

I only have about 550 boxed atari 2600 games in my collection, but I have a ton of all the extras like posters, store displays, ads, jackets and ect and just the other day, my wife was looking at my collection and asked me was there any thing else left for me to buy!!! I had to stop my self from laughing in her face. Some people just don't understand us Atari people.

:ponder: :roll: :?

I started in Feb this year. Since then I have about 200 Atari Carts, and and a bunch of consols. I also moved to other systems too. I picked up a Intv, SNES,Genisis,Bally Astrocade, CV. I have an additional 75 carts for those Systems combined. The nice thing is I got this stuff pretty cheap so I can not really complain about out of pocket expence in this. I have not really moved to collectors items and pretty much just get the games as they are found just to play them. I only have about 8 boxed games and a cib heavy 6er

I started collecting maybe about 2 months ago?(oesii might know a more accurate time frame), and I already am up to nearly 50 cartridges, and I have about 25 more coming in the mail :) . Although, I'm already finding it hard to find lots on ebay that I don't have like half the games from. I know that once you get like 200+ this gets really hard, but I've ALREADY noticed this, which means my collection may slow down a lot once it hits about 100-200 carts.

I only have about 550 boxed atari 2600 games in my collection, but I have a ton of all the extras like posters, store displays, ads, jackets and ect and just the other day, my wife was looking at my collection and asked me was there any thing else left for  me to buy!!! I had to stop my self from laughing in her face.  Some people just don't understand us Atari people.

:ponder:  :roll:  :?

I know how you feel. My wife says the same thing and I've only got two consoles and about 100 games. I try to tell her that a lot of people have way more stuff than I do. To which she replies, "Do you really want to be like those guys?" What kind of question is that? Of course I do!

She's not really against my collecting though. I think she's been going to the thrifts looking for Christmas presents for me. :)

I am proud to say that I have NOT fed the beast much. Of my 200 carts, less than ten have come from the great evil (ebay). Almost all of them have come from trades, thrifting and conventions. The homebrew market is starting to help my collection grow as well!

What fun! 8) :)

I restarted my collection 3 years ago and I have about 160 different games. I don't collect label variations, or clones, and I an indifferent about the value of my collection. I am a player, and I just want the programs to play. I have not bought a single cart from ebay yet, I would rather hunt for them in fleas and thrifts, or trade for them, so that I won't spend too much money on my collection. I guess you could say I am archiving games so my friends, and future children can play them. If you want to see what I have, here's the link: http://www.spfd2600.org/turnspike/mycarts.html

I started my collection a couple years ago, but it kinda stalled out.

Then I found this place and it refueled my greed for atari.

I went to the goodwills (we have 5) about a year ago and bought them out at .25 a pop. Came home with around 125 carts. Haven't seen a single cart in the wild here since.

Ya know, I've been saying that "wild" finds stalled out around 200 carts. Now that I think about it, however, maybe it's me that stalled out. Carts are still out there to be found but I think that perhaps I lost the fever around 200 when more of my hunting trips would result in comming home empty handed than with a bag full of goodies. The hunt is nice but it's certainly a bit more interesting when there are more kills to be had. I bet that I don't go searching the fleas, etc more than once a month any more whereas one or two years ago it seemed like a wasted weekend if I couldn't at least make a brief run-through.

I think when I had joined AA most of my collection was gone...Sold off year prior on Ebay to go towards the purchase of my house. At that time I had about 90+ loose carts and maybe 25 boxed (Most of which were the Oshea's) , all painfully common, and many many duplicates.

Now after a quick count... I have about 190 unique loose carts. About 70 unique boxed carts. And prolly 140 or so duplicate loose and maybe 25 boxed duplicates.

I've seen my collection grow from under 30 to over 321. Of those, 260 or so are probably "unique" games, and the other 61 are label variations. I'm actually happy when I get more of these though, because at times when collecting is really dry this can be almost all you find! :D

I have only been collecting since i joined atariage, only a few months? Think it was August?

Anyhoo, in this small time i have about 150 different 2600 carts, 9 7800 carts, 30+? intelli carts, bout 12 coleco carts, All consoles boxed except for the 7800 which i got of an atariage member.

My point is not to look BIG, but rather i reckon i've been soooo damn lucky so far. Its been a bit dry the last fortnight. Only find this weekend was , Asterix, Pac kong and hey stop. Plus a few NES pirate carts and space fury for coleco which was found boxed on the pavement with a foot mark on it. Oh, and a hand held LCD scramble by tomy and a Sheen color sports console.

I couldn't care if i only had 10 2600 carts so far, Im really enjoying the playing.

I played a friends 7800 in primary school and I was hooked.

I got a NES for my 10th birthday and I haven't stoped since.

Started collecting Atari probly 2 years ago and now have 98

carts including maby 10 lable variations, 1 dead cart and 5 boxed.

I have

1 - 6 switch woodgrain

1 - 4 switch woodgrain

1 - 4 switch vader (boxed)

4 - Juniors

And a lot of other consoles and carts and tapes and disks etc....

I don't seem to have had the luck some of you guys have had

but I'm a player so if I come home with 1 game that I like

I'm happy. Of course its still fun to find a box of carts in the wild. :D

This is just sad. Growing up as a kid all me and my brother got were Nintendo carts. I would say right now Im looking at a couple of boxes of 600 or so nintendo games. All of which were bought at the time Nintendo was the shiznit. Not too mention We have close to 150 Sega Genesis carts, plus the N64 carts. The N64 collection still grows becuase my little brothers play it more than any thing else.