IGNORED

ABBUC contests 2010

Hello,

here you can find the actual information about the ABBUC contests:

1) software contest: http://www.abbuc.de/modules.php?name=DocTree&dtIsBlk=y&dtId=266

(scroll down for the english version of the rules...)

2) hardware contest: http://www.abbuc.de/modules.php?name=DocTree&dtIsBlk=y&dtId=268

(again, scroll down for the english version of the rules)

Greetings from Abbuc - Andreas Koch.

• 5 months later...

Well,

there will be no downloads - but if you are an Abbuc member you can contact the leader of the Abbuc software-ressort Bunsen via E-Mail: software at abbuc point de

and he will officially send you the ATR images of all the contest programs, if you agree not to copy and not to give away the programs before the software contest is over. If someone does not meet this agreement, then it was for the first and last time that we ever made ATR images of the contest programs available before the Abbuc magazine arrived...

Since this question about "downloads" of the software contest programs is there almost every year, once again:

1) Abbuc does not get/own the copyright of the software contest programs (Abbuc simply gets/owns the right of a premiere release on the Abbuc magazine, thats all!), so it is free to the author(s) to release or not release his (their) program to the public after the Abbuc software contest is over. Thats what the rules of the contest explicitely say, a public release of the program by the author after the contest is over is allowed ! But if the author does not release the program publicly afterwards, you simply have to accept this. Abbuc does not force anyone to make the program available for download...

2) Abbuc members pay a member-fee to be a club member, currently 31 Euro/year, thats why they get the Abbuc magazines and special magazines (and annual gifts) with all the software on it (also the software contest programs); with these member fees the Abbuc members also "pay" or better finance the monetary prizes for the software and hardware contest - thats why non-Abbuc members cannot get the Abbuc magazines for free and thats also why non-Abbuc members cannot get all the software contest programs from Abbuc for free (e.g. downloadable at the Abbuc homepage), it would be unfair for the paying Abbuc members. And the club and the magazine cannot survive without the paying members...

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

i would join and become a member, but the whole german language thing is a sticky point... was considering joining and then offering my knowledge of english to help better translate to english, but my german is limited to 2 semesters in HS, and remember not much of it... but either way it is def worth the admission price...

sloopy.

i would join and become a member, but the whole german language thing is a sticky point... was considering joining and then offering my knowledge of english to help better translate to english, but my german is limited to 2 semesters in HS, and remember not much of it... but either way it is def worth the admission price...

sloopy.

Abbuc magazin is the only good reason to learn German (hehe, don't feel offended German friends) ....

sloopy.

I agree. I don't understand German but I joined ABBUC to support it.

Abbuc magazin is the only good reason to learn German (hehe, don't feel offended German friends) ....

I started learning German but it is not easy!

I agree. I don't understand German but I joined ABBUC to support it.

I never got a single German lesson at school and if it wasn't for ABBUC I still wouldn't understand a thing of that language today (apart from "stau", "baustellen" and "spurillen" that is :-) )

But dutch is so similar to german. If I try to read a dutch newspaper I'm able to understand the sense. Probably because I come from northern germany where people speak low german, a special german accent. Low german is anymore similar to dutch.

But dutch is so similar to german.

Sssht. Don't tell everyone :-)

If I try to read a dutch newspaper I'm able to understand the sense. Probably because I come from northern germany where people speak low german, a special german accent. Low german is anymore similar to dutch.

I can read and understand German when used in full sentences as my vocabulary is a bit limited. Writing and speaking is a whole different story however.

I'm from the south part of the Netherlands (nearly Belgium) and if "we" speak to each other in our local accent/dialect people living towards South/East-Germany (around Bad Kreuznach/Wiesbaden) seem to understand it more or less. Strangely enough, if we speak "correct Dutch" (as far as we're able to :-) ) almost no one from Germany understands a bit of it :-)

To be point: when becoming a member of ABBUC you'll get the German lessons as a bonus ;)

Hi, is there any videos about this Gaames?

One of them (ocean's Detox) have aan .avi at the bottom but the video doesn't show anything!

Thanks.

Greetings.

José Pereira.

I just downloaded the video from that link again and it works fine. You probably don't have the right codecs ?

Strangely enough, if we speak "correct Dutch" (as far as we're able to :-) ) almost no one from Germany understands a bit of it :-)

Well... I'm dutch, and when you speak "correct Dutch", I have no idea what you're saying...

So that means that... ehm... what was I saying?

Ah yes... you should make some backups of your HARDDISK!

p.s. +1 for anyone who understands this joke

So that means that... ehm... what was I saying?

As it wasn't German, I have no idea :)

Ah yes... you should make some backups of your HARDDISK!

p.s. +1 for anyone who understands this joke

It's on my To-Do list, in between the other items on that 2 miles long list and I guess that'll be a -1 for me :?:

• 2 weeks later...

It is nice to find floppy disks (and a magazine, unfortunately in a language not yet understood by me) in the mail.

post-12528-128666103433_thumb.jpgpost-12528-128666103681_thumb.jpgpost-12528-128666103886_thumb.jpg

Hi Philsan, How did you pay abbuc :?: As they don't seem to have paypal I'm thinking of putting Euro's in the post, as the charges for bank transfer are nearly as much as the payment! :)

Hi Philsan, How did you pay abbuc icon_question.gif As they don't seem to have paypal I'm thinking of putting Euro's in the post, as the charges for bank transfer are nearly as much as the payment! icon_smile.gif

Hi Jason.

BTW, nice game!

Every year I make a bank trasfer (luckily online) but the process is boring and very expensive.

I am just going to renew my membership.

I don't understand why they don't accept Paypal.

Perhaps we should write emails complaining about this.

My German is limited to "Zwei grosse bier bitte fraulein".

"Fräulein" isn't used anymore in german. Possibly, you make someoe angry. It's better to say "junge Frau".... or even better " Zwei große Bier, bitte" without "Fräulein" ;)

Oddly enough, my Spanish is limited to "Dos cervesas por favor senorita".

Most european languages belong to each other. The difference is mostly that people forgot parts of their original language and built new idioms, dialekts and grammar.

Beer song gaow .... (approximated englisch ;) ) in another language, means the same ;)

Strangely enough, if we speak "correct Dutch" (as far as we're able to :-) ) almost no one from Germany understands a bit of it :-)

What's "correct" dutch?

It's still interesting to me that english people say Dutch for Nederlands and German for Deutsch ....

Possibly this will clarify it a bit more?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietsch

Indeed, Dutch (= Nederlands) is sometimes considered to be "Low German".