IGNORED

Tutankham for the TI-99/4A

retroclouds

• 3 weeks later...

Not that many, I got sidetracked with too much (non-TI) stuff lately.

However, in the meantime I did receive my 50 PCB's + cart cases from Jon. That sure will keep motivation up :)

Plans are for an early 2011 release and that's still quite doable.

:-)

please insert me in the first list !!! :lust: ;) ....

• Like 1

If we can get 50 preorders right here on Atariage, that would force Filip to complete this masterpiece and sell out.... Then he can create the assembly version of Honeycomb Rapture and I can order a run or cartridge boards myself and DO IT UP!!!! :) hehehe--- Tutankham is gonna be amazing. Thanks all around to Filip for being the champion he is for our community!!

for the parameter classic

[usercart0]

name=Tutankham

rom0=3|0000|8000|D:\Projekte\tutankham\tms9900\TUT.bin

D is your hard disk for another hard disk change the letter if you want the game run.

jean louis

If we can get 50 preorders right here on Atariage, that would force Filip to complete this masterpiece and sell out.... Then he can create the assembly version of Honeycomb Rapture and I can order a run or cartridge boards myself and DO IT UP!!!! :) hehehe--- Tutankham is gonna be amazing. Thanks all around to Filip for being the champion he is for our community!!

hehe, thanks that are very kind words Owen :)

For me -and I think this also counts for most others here- it's difficult to stay focussed on one topic.

There is so much fun stuff to do. I also noticed I have to be in the right mood to work on Tutankham.

That's kinda hard to explain; but today is a good day so I'll give it a shot ;)

Let me know if you wind up needing to do a run of boards; I can put you in contact with the local place I used. The $400 tooling fee is already paid for future runs. A run of 250 was approx $2500 by the time you pay the board house for production/assembly and also buy 74LS379 chips, spare cart cases, etc. This would go down to $2100 for 250 since the tooling fee is already paid.

- acadiel

ok, ran out of spare TI time for now.

This is what I was able to put in today:

* Teleporter functionality (that is when you walk in the white gates).

* White flashes when dropping bombs/decrease counter

I already had the teleporter functionality cooking for a while, but managed to get it to work today.

Happy Happy Joy Joy :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46FgUhbsJKc&feature=related

Hey, you don't get this on the yahoo group ;)

Edited by retroclouds

• 3 weeks later...

Filip--- the assembler and Tutankham-- 2 of the coolest projects going for the TI right now!! I cannot wait to see both ready!!! And the Tutankham game--- #1 on my "want" list right now. I've been sending the YouTube video to my non-TI friends and TI friends alike. I'm quite excited about it. Always loved this game--- Too cool, man

Who is he worried about coming after him? Konami? Parker Brothers? PB sold the rights to all of their games to Atari.

PB would only own the rights to the code of the port, though technically it would depend what the contract with the coder was. Konami would own the rights to the game itself and who would ultimately be the ones that have to be contacted in order to legally release it.

Regardless...when has a homebrew or prototype release ever been halted by the company who 'owned' the rights to it?

Jaguar Gorf sales were halted after attempts to obtain permission were failed. Likewise, Atari Inc. is starting to crack down on homebrews and clones of their properties. I know Nintendo has in the past as well.

Marty

He could just call the game "Tutankhamun" instead... Whoever made the game chose the name b/c Tutankhamun was too long to fit on an arcade marquee (nicely, I suppose). Fortunately, TI labels are long and skinny, so the real name should fit nicely-nicely.

-H