IGNORED

Tutankham for the TI-99/4A

retroclouds

Hey Ciro,

WOW!!! Damn fine job on that!!! It is perfect--- could not be any better, in my opinion. Even reminds me of the old coin-op stand-up arcade version---the art on the side looked similar!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thank you so much! ! :D :D

I am very pleased and very happy too! but I must say that even inspire retroclouds very well with its beautiful games! :-D

Now we need to do the manual ... the cover is already almost over ... but in the meantime is in the finishing straight manual Pitfall, missing only the correct translation of some paragraphs in French and Spanish ... then ended and printable :-) ... I can not wait for this!

• Like 1

Hey Ciro,

WOW!!! Damn fine job on that!!! It is perfect--- could not be any better, in my opinion. Even reminds me of the old coin-op stand-up arcade version---the art on the side looked similar!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thank you so much! ! :D :D

I am very pleased and very happy too! but I must say that even inspire retroclouds very well with its beautiful games! :-D

Now we need to do the manual ... the cover is already almost over ... but in the meantime is in the finishing straight manual Pitfall, missing only the correct translation of some paragraphs in French and Spanish ... then ended and printable :-) ... I can not wait for this!

if u need help for french translation, i'm here !

Edited by rocky007

Fine. Let's just have him call it Tuty Fruity. End of discussion.

:) I know RetroClouds has settled on the name, so I hope he'll forgive a couple more suggestions:

Nutty Tutty

or

Tutuncommon -- you get the name AND cartridge rarity all in one!

:P

--Rich

:rolling:

So, the cart label is complete... The game demos are looking awesome. Any new progress to report, retroclouds? I am salivating over one of these carts! If its anywhere near as awesomwe as the Pitfall port, we'll be looking at one truly wicked awesome game!!! =) I have quite a bit of stuff to do on the Beryl game before I do up another YouTube video, so right now I'm trying to live vicariously through other great programmers. =) Hope to see some more soon... You're a pillar in our community, Filip!!

So, the cart label is complete... The game demos are looking awesome. Any new progress to report, retroclouds? I am salivating over one of these carts! If its anywhere near as awesomwe as the Pitfall port, we'll be looking at one truly wicked awesome game!!! =) I have quite a bit of stuff to do on the Beryl game before I do up another YouTube video, so right now I'm trying to live vicariously through other great programmers. =) Hope to see some more soon... You're a pillar in our community, Filip!!

thanks for asking :)

yeah, development has been real slow lately. Too much real-life stuff in the way.

That's also the reason why I originally planned the release date for 2011.

However, the good news is that in August I'll be having some time off. That should allow me to make some decent progress :)

Well, even though my progress on Tutankham is rather slow, my friend ti99userclub has been very busy :)

Check out his beautiful artwork on the manual cover :D

post-16219-127705935543_thumb.jpg

amazing !!! it's not really fair to show so gorgeous things (covers, cartridge labels ), and told us to wait until 2011 :(

Really? That's what Freddy was supposed to be? I guess that now makes sense since I can't get anywhere with King Tut and I couldn't get anywhere with Freddy either... Or maybe it was b/c I was tired of the chunky play... Who knows.

Played Freddy today quite a bit on my CF7--- I was just thinking: "THIS is our Tutankham substitute?!". Tutankham is going to fill a large gap in our software library. :cool:

I don't know that it was designed to be a Tutankham replacement--- but it was certainly designed to fill the void of the Egypt-style adventure game... A Tutankham replacement in name only... But still, sadly short of the original. Doesn't mean I haven't been having fun playing it. :)

Note that my homebrew version is not related to the ultra-rare-only-1-to-find-prototype mentioned at the Videogame House.

How about doing "original version" too and adding it to same cartridge?

As that ultra-rare EXISTS (even no-one has it, okay, one person in the world has it) I think it should be existing on this homebrew cartridge too! :)

What I mean is, that you could have TWO games on same cartridge then! :)

Once you have your homebrew one finished, you just have to make very little amount of "extra" graphics (different player head, and some little details somewhere) and make a way to activate "original version" too. Ok, I have no idea, if original version had some difference in gameplay and player control, but anyway, by just adding right graphics, you have the game, which really (at least) looks like original one! :)

So, two choices:

1) game could start on your homebrew mode, but if you press some key(s) on booting, "original version" starts instead (this idea is used on some MSX homebrews/ports to give you something special)

2) just make little MENU which auto-starts when cartridge is inserted, one key gives homebrew, another key gives original.

It just feels, that it is a shame to not put "original version" on same cartridge, if it is as easy as what I just described.

"Just my thought"... :)

Edited by mäsäxi