IGNORED

VBXE2 preorder starts today

candle

Thanks Mathy

it seems that all it does is running PAL ANTIC chip on NTSC system with NTSC system clock, thus for this VBXE2 for NTSC system would be reuqired

Does anyone else have a VBXE from the last run running in the above configuration? any issues noted?

With such systems, if the GTIA chip isn't changed, the PAL register on GTIA will still indicate the machine as NTSC.

Also, the video signal will be off-spec since the base clock will be different.

Result there is that an NTSC machine converted to PAL will have a slightly higher framerate and a PAL machine converted to NTSC will have a slightly lower framerate.

But at least I have confirmed that the 1084s monitor can handle running a PAL machine with NTSC Antic just fine. The other way around should apply also. Note that I was running Composite video though, it's a PAL XEGS with NTSC Antic (no VBXE), running Composite video.

Since VBXE uses RGB natively, there should be no colourburst locking problem so you shouldn't get the black&white problem that off-spec machines can get with some older TVs.

Edited by Rybags

Okay ;)

All components were bought, PCB is in production and i have few boards that i can assemble right now - rest will have to wait till all components arrive (mostly DAC from the States, as i coulnd't buy them in Poland - MOQ was 250pcs and it was way too much)

as usual, updated list - please note that "paid" means that i've received the money

i know that one or two payments are in due - rest please hurry up

Preorder is now closed

but main components had to be bought in larger quantities than it was nessesary (MOQ - minimal order qantity applies here), so i can make 60 VBXE2 boards, where only 50 of them have their homes

some of them will be given away to productive people who can't afford them, others will be sold

lastly i need to inform You all i'm getting married 22 of may, so my time is a bit limited - please be patient - it won't take too long for me to get these boards build, but it might be not as fast as i would like it to be

Sebastian

lastly i need to inform You all i'm getting married 22 of may, so my time is a bit limited - please be patient - it won't take too long for me to get these boards build, but it might be not as fast as i would like it to be

Sebastian

Congratulations Sebastian :)

once again a little update to the preorder list

to all that have not responded to my PM - plase do, i need some clarification about how to proceed - should i wait, or should i consider it as resignation from Your order

as for now 12 boards are beign assembled at about 70% of completion - 3 more chips, and few connectors and they are ready

i can assemble 9 more boards before i lay my hands on new PCB batch (these currently assembled are "stocks" from previous run)

hopefully some of You will receive their boards before this month ends

• 1 month later...

it seems that some of people weren't serious about their orders, thus if nothing will change in a week time their orders will get cancelled

so far i've managed to complete 12 boards (although haven't got the time to test them), and do 50% of assembly for another 24pcs, that gives total of 36 boards (versus 45 boards that were paid for)

i expect i'll start shipping first ones out whithin 2 weeks from now

again, updated preorder list - this is final call, if still no reply - then i consider that it was bad joke

Sebastian

it seems that some of people weren't serious about their orders, thus if nothing will change in a week time their orders will get cancelled

so far i've managed to complete 12 boards (although haven't got the time to test them), and do 50% of assembly for another 24pcs, that gives total of 36 boards (versus 45 boards that were paid for)

i expect i'll start shipping first ones out whithin 2 weeks from now

again, updated preorder list - this is final call, if still no reply - then i consider that it was bad joke

Sebastian

I have to say very irresponsible of some people, if you're having problems with whatever, at least have the decency to contact Candle to cancel your order....

For I got three NTSC XEGS lately, I would jump in for at least one XE NTSC board (additionally to the two PAL boards I´ve already ordered). Just tell me, when there´s a cancellation of such a board.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...