IGNORED

Stationary bat in Adventure

accousticguitar

I was playing Adventure today on game number 3, and I found the bat in one of the rooms opposite of the white castle rooms. He was just sitting there. He just sat there for a few seconds, and then he flew off. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Has anyone else?

Well, he's been flying around for 32 years, he was probably just tired.

But no, I've played a lot of Adventure and I've never seen that outside of a hack or frying the console. In Level 1 he just sits there inside the white castle until you move him or bring him something, but of course you can't get to the white castle in Level 1 without frying or hacking.

--Will

• Like 2

I have seen it twice. The first time was as you described being stationey fro a few seconds and flying off, the 2nd time I entered a room and he was just frozen in one spot, wings flapping and nothing happening. He did have a dead dragon in his grasp and even when I picked him up and put him down again he seemed unable to move. I just put it down as a programming glitch ;)

I have seen it twice. The first time was as you described being stationey fro a few seconds and flying off, the 2nd time I entered a room and he was just frozen in one spot, wings flapping and nothing happening. He did have a dead dragon in his grasp and even when I picked him up and put him down again he seemed unable to move. I just put it down as a programming glitch ;)

It's good to have some confirmation on this. I've seen this occur in hacks too, but this is the first time I've seen it in the original game.

I've seen it lots of times, even back in the days when I still played the game on real hardware. You can often find the stationary bat carrying the sword in the white castle, on the upper screen on the right (just above the one you can't reach without the bridge). You can pick up and drop the bat as much as you want, but it'll fly off as soon as it sees another object.

If you want to see for yourself, run Adventure in Stella and change the value at $f396 from $11 to $17 so that you begin the game in the white castle. Then keep restarting the game until you see the stationary bat. Then change the value at $a8 and $e2 to $11 and start playing normally. When you enter the white castle (without carrying an object), the bat will still be there.

post-6829-127088803548_thumb.png

Edited by Luc