IGNORED

Wow just... Wow..

kevincal

So I listed a bunch of stuff on epay tonight. I'm getting close to finishing for the night and go to click the last button before youve finished creating a new auction and what happens?

"your account has been suspended for 7 days for a listing violation blah blah"

WHAT THE F%&%$?!?!?

So I check the message and it's my 3DO game lot auction which consists of 13 ORIGINAL FACTORY MADE 3DO games, many are missing their manuals but absolutely none of them are copies which ebay is accusing me of trying to sell..

What a bunch of shit, and its too late for me to call so I have to wait til tomorrow to bitch at them and make things right.... UGH

Now here is what i am wondering, did some asshole flag my auction or does ebay somehow magically check every video game auction for pirates because I had just listed the auction an hour or 2 before this.

What a pisser to end my night...

Here are the 2 photos I used for the 3DO auction...

post-2908-127062353563_thumb.jpg

post-2908-127062355038_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevincal

I always find it strange that they will allow copied games to be sold on ebay from other countries... but not from US sellers.

It is like they are saying you can't sell Nazi items here on the US ebay site... yet... if you are in Germany... or Europe knock your socks off.

My original account on ebay was canceled while I was away on vacation (honeymoon). I was gone for 9 days... no internet as I wanted to stay off of it while I was gone. I made a purchase prior to leaving as I had someone watching my mail while I was gone. three different auctions from one guy and 2 auctions from the other.

I paid for all auctions. When I get back from my honeymoon, I find that ebay had canceled my account. Flat out would not allow me to get back on. I called multiple times. What happened was this: The guy that I won the three auctions from (which I am STILL needing those damn carts for my collection) did not accept my paypal payment. He let it sit there in paypal, and I had a note or something in paypal that stated something like "has not accepted your payment". I had never seen that before, so I was wondering what that meant.

Anyways, I had been a member for over 2 or 3 years at this point with ebay. 100% feedback up to that point with about 150 or so transactions. He left negative feedback (nonpayer) for all three auctions. Which put my account in 'cancel mode' with Ebay. The other two auctions I paid for, they went through and were fine. One however kept my money and did not send the item as I was an unregistered ebay user at the time because of this whole fiasco. I actually had an email from that guy that said, 'sorry, but you are no longer with ebay, I'm keeping the money and the game for wasting my time'.

After talking to ebay, they still would do nothing about it. Yet, prior to me leaving I had to leave negative feedback for a 'POWER SELLER'. He had started to get a lot of negative feedback within the last few months, and his pinaccle month was when I was dealing with him. However, since he was a power seller, he was allowed to get away with really ripping people off. (Taking money and never sending the items).

I was off of ebay for about 6 months because of that crap.

So I feel your pain and hope you get it fixed.

(Small note... did you notice ebay is doing the 'local classified' thing now. They are going to screw up freaking craigslist now. God I hate ebay)

• Like 2

I always find it strange that they will allow copied games to be sold on ebay from other countries... but not from US sellers.

It is like they are saying you can't sell Nazi items here on the US ebay site... yet... if you are in Germany... or Europe knock your socks off.

My original account on ebay was canceled while I was away on vacation (honeymoon). I was gone for 9 days... no internet as I wanted to stay off of it while I was gone. I made a purchase prior to leaving as I had someone watching my mail while I was gone. three different auctions from one guy and 2 auctions from the other.

I paid for all auctions. When I get back from my honeymoon, I find that ebay had canceled my account. Flat out would not allow me to get back on. I called multiple times. What happened was this: The guy that I won the three auctions from (which I am STILL needing those damn carts for my collection) did not accept my paypal payment. He let it sit there in paypal, and I had a note or something in paypal that stated something like "has not accepted your payment". I had never seen that before, so I was wondering what that meant.

Anyways, I had been a member for over 2 or 3 years at this point with ebay. 100% feedback up to that point with about 150 or so transactions. He left negative feedback (nonpayer) for all three auctions. Which put my account in 'cancel mode' with Ebay. The other two auctions I paid for, they went through and were fine. One however kept my money and did not send the item as I was an unregistered ebay user at the time because of this whole fiasco. I actually had an email from that guy that said, 'sorry, but you are no longer with ebay, I'm keeping the money and the game for wasting my time'.

After talking to ebay, they still would do nothing about it. Yet, prior to me leaving I had to leave negative feedback for a 'POWER SELLER'. He had started to get a lot of negative feedback within the last few months, and his pinaccle month was when I was dealing with him. However, since he was a power seller, he was allowed to get away with really ripping people off. (Taking money and never sending the items).

I was off of ebay for about 6 months because of that crap.

So I feel your pain and hope you get it fixed.

(Small note... did you notice ebay is doing the 'local classified' thing now. They are going to screw up freaking craigslist now. God I hate ebay)

WOW!!! faaaark!!!! I feel your pain!

What a fiasco!

I had a seller go awol on me after sending me a dud item ($400 worth) I followed all the ebay protocol for a refund - and it was the biggest hassle on earth to get my refund.

Being in Australia made it three times as hard. Do you think they have an address or even a phone number for Ebay in Australia???? nooooo - that would be too easy!! I went through countless 'live chats' got the run around every time - until even the 'live chat' people told me they couldn't do anything to help me. I emailed customer support multiple times - every time getting automated responses like 'ebay values your business' blah blah... and telling me to lodge a claim - even though I had one open.

Eventually I had to wait until midnight (due to timezone) and make an international call to the Ebay claims centre - and strighten it out over the phone - nothing I hadn't already explained in the multiple emails I sent to them.!!!

I got a refund - but do you think they honoured the original exchange rate - no, now the US$ is almost dollar for dollar through paypal with the Australian$....

It has turned me off buying from overseas now, which is a shame cause there is some great stuff out there.

And although i'll probably get told of for spamming this - the seller was cell1064 - steer clear of that crook!!!

So I listed a bunch of stuff on epay tonight. I'm getting close to finishing for the night and go to click the last button before youve finished creating a new auction and what happens?

"your account has been suspended for 7 days for a listing violation blah blah"

WHAT THE F%&%$?!?!?

So I check the message and it's my 3DO game lot auction which consists of 13 ORIGINAL FACTORY MADE 3DO games, many are missing their manuals but absolutely none of them are copies which ebay is accusing me of trying to sell..

What a bunch of shit, and its too late for me to call so I have to wait til tomorrow to bitch at them and make things right.... UGH

Now here is what i am wondering, did some asshole flag my auction or does ebay somehow magically check every video game auction for pirates because I had just listed the auction an hour or 2 before this.

What a pisser to end my night...

Here are the 2 photos I used for the 3DO auction...

They do have bots that search for certain things to flag auctions, but most of this comes from people reporting auctions. The really sad part is that I have reported flagrant violations, people really trying to rip folks off, and nothing is done. You have a legitimate auction with no violations, some clown reports it and you get suspended. Ridiculous!

I know I'm kind of a chearleader for GameGavel, but if everyone that eBay has screwed over would list or buy even just 1 or 2 things there it might just start some cracks in the foundation of the 'eBay is the only game in town' crap. GG is growing and between Mike's hard work and Ebay's own screwups, I'm really excited about the possibilites.

What a bunch of assholes ebay are... I called yesterday and the girl was like "well you should have taken better pictures"

PFFT F#%^ you, you need to hire better employees who know what the hell they are doing! Of course I didn't say that haha... But I was like "I guess someone over at ebay made a mistake huh" and didn't get much response, only that my case will be looked into further blah blah blah.

So just now I get this bullshit email:

"Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting eBay in regard to your removed games listings.

We have carefully reviewed your listing and see that it was removed

correctly (WTF!). If you're not listing any unauthorized copies please provide

better photos of the items to make sure the disk all show the actual

game disk.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish you luck with

your future eBay transactions.

Sincerely,

Kit

eBay Customer Support"

fuck ebay, now i cant sell anything for almost a week. LUCKILY I listed a lot of stuff before this so I'm not too worried, but it's still complete bullshit and I might be giving them another call and talking to a supervisor or something. I mean how out of line are they to tell me it's my fault because "my pictures aren't good enough" They look damn good enough to me! I can tell none of the discs are copies because I know 3DO games and these idiots dont know their ass from their elbow.

hmph.

And look at this, the freaking person doesn't even hardly know how to speak english... "Kit" pfft probably fresh off the boat.

"please provide

game disk."

HUH, does that make ANY sense? Sounds like some broken ass english to me!

Fluoride? This ebay employee must be loaded with it.

PS - anyone wanna buy these games since I cant sell them on ebay?!?! $70 shipped for them.

Edited by kevincal

The phrase '13 ORIGINAL FACTORY MADE 3DO games' probably drew attention.

Now you're showing not all of the discs and go like 'got you! that must be a copy!'. I mean, if you put it that way then every game on ebay could be a copy. They are just wrong but won't admit it.

The phrase '13 ORIGINAL FACTORY MADE 3DO games' probably drew attention.

Now you're showing not all of the discs and go like 'got you! that must be a copy!'. I mean, if you put it that way then every game on ebay could be a copy. They are just wrong but won't admit it.

I didn't use that title in my ebay auction! I forget exactly how I worded the title but it was more like "Lot of 13 3DO games Twisted Gridders etc." I said absolutely nothing in the auction about these being originals or not because I thought it was a non issue (actually never even thought about it) because to me (and 99.9% of everyone else!) its obvious they are originals... And I am showing all of the discs (clearly enough imo) in the photos!

Edited by kevincal

And look at this, the freaking person doesn't even hardly know how to speak english... "Kit" pfft probably fresh off the boat.

"please provide

game disk."

PS - anyone wanna buy these games since I cant sell them on ebay?!?! $70 shipped for them.

"doesn't even hardly know how to speak english" lol :roll:

"please provide

game disk."

You are fucking australian and critisizing MY english? You people butcher the english language more than anyone else MATE. Can't even understand what most of you people are saying, CRICKEY MATE...

And by the way, I don't see a grammatical problem with "this person does not even hardly know how to speak english". Care to enlighten me? Jerk.

I had similar experience.

I bought a Sega Master System from a high feedback seller, and the system and controller were broken and didn't include all of the games that were promised in the listing.

I contacted the seller and he dodged me until I reported him. Ebay eventually gave me a partial refund, deciding that the lemon shit I got stuck with had "some value." Maybe as a spare paperweight, or dog chew toy.

These bastard high feedback sellers go into "I have high feedback so I can rip off one out of every ten people and get away with it" mode. Ebay really does get annoying.

How dare you sell bootleg 3DO games!!! You are costing 3DO millions of dollars in revenue, even though the system has been dead for 15 years!!!

Seriously though, your games are clearly not bootleg. Another seller may have reported your stuff as bootleg just to piss in your cheerios, that happens.

Oh yeah, and I see people sell bootlegs on there all the time and get away with it. Apparently bootleg games for a system that's been dead for 15 years takes top priority when we've got X-Box piracy going on.

The Gridders CD says "Not for Resale" right on it. Perhaps that's one reason why they pulled the auction?

The Gridders CD says "Not for Resale" right on it. Perhaps that's one reason why they pulled the auction?

That may be, but in general eBay does not pull auctions even when someone complains unless it is a large company making the complaint.

There was a seller selling Windows 7 loader disks that ran for weeks. The item was listed as Windows 7 activator and stated that it was a preactivated loader DVD. He sold several over a few weeks, they did not suspend the account or pull the auctions.

"please provide

game disk."

You are fucking australian and critisizing MY english? You people butcher the english language more than anyone else MATE. Can't even understand what most of you people are saying, CRICKEY MATE...

And by the way, I don't see a grammatical problem with "this person does not even hardly know how to speak english". Care to enlighten me? Jerk.

Australian is spelt with a capital 'A", critisizing (sic) is spelt criticizing,CRICKEY (sic) is spelt crikey and english is spelt with a capital "E",talk about butchering the English language.You need to go back to school dude.

• Like 4

Yo ya'll, please quit the cussin over language an lets simmer down folks.

Have a good 'un, k?

What language is that? :P ;)

eBay is seriously starting to go downhill, though. I almost am scared to sell or buy anything there anymore due to crap like this....you can't be sure if someone who buys it won't throw a tantrum about something and will lie, cheat, or steal their way to get your stuff, and the customer service is very lacking. :|