IGNORED

Wow just... Wow..

kevincal

The Gridders CD says "Not for Resale" right on it. Perhaps that's one reason why they pulled the auction?

It wouldn't surprise me if Ebay was silly enough to think that way. Legally this has no validity once the merchandise has been sold to a consumer. It's a restriction on the stores and suppliers in the chain, not the purchaser. Kind of like mattress tags.

I've seen eBay do sillier things, though.

Wow, a couple of you idiots in this thread trying to rile me up would make perfect ebay employees.

Anyway, ya im obviously ticked and annoyed about this but i dont even care anymore, not even enough to call them again. shit happens and the world is full of idiots. in the end its not that big of a deal. :) i dont like ebay but its very easy to sell stuff on there (USUALLY) so i will continue using it.

And look at this, the freaking person doesn't even hardly know how to speak english... "Kit" pfft probably fresh off the boat.

"please provide

better photos of the items to make sure the disk all show the actual

game disk."

HUH, does that make ANY sense? Sounds like some broken ass english to me!

Fluoride? This ebay employee must be loaded with it.

PS - anyone wanna buy these games since I cant sell them on ebay?!?! $70 shipped for them.

"doesn't even hardly know how to speak english" lol :roll:

You are fucking australian and critisizing MY english? You people butcher the english language more than anyone else MATE. Can't even understand what most of you people are saying, CRICKEY MATE...

And by the way, I don't see a grammatical problem with "this person does not even hardly know how to speak english". Care to enlighten me? Jerk.

Hahaha!!!

a few things:

Firstly

And look at this, the freaking person doesn't even hardly know how to speak english... = "The person does really know how to speak english".

Which I'm sure was not what you intended to communicate to us. It's ironic given that you are patronising the person for their English skills... which I might add is probably not their first language - unlike yourself, which English is more than likely the only language you speak.

Secondly

You are fucking australian and critisizing MY english? You people butcher the english language more than anyone else MATE. Can't even understand what most of you people are saying, CRICKEY MATE...

I won't bother expanding on what Pangasinan succinctly said.

Lastly

I'm not one to usually correct people on their bad grammar. But in this case, to be honest, I just hate racial slurrs! At first I sympathised with your bad Ebay experience... but I also believe in Karma... and perhaps it's just coming around full circle for you.

I'm out! Have a nice weekend and goodluck with your Ebaying :D

• Like 2

And look at this, the freaking person doesn't even hardly know how to speak english... "Kit" pfft probably fresh off the boat.

"please provide

game disk."

PS - anyone wanna buy these games since I cant sell them on ebay?!?! $70 shipped for them.

And by the way, I don't see a grammatical problem with "this person does not even hardly know how to speak english". Care to enlighten me? Jerk.

Hyuck hyuck, them aussies has good languageses! Here in Kneebrasskey, we hardly has times to speek good anglashes! U no with our corn shucking we is purty bussy!

Comon folks, this it silly. Kevin, if Ebay gives you grief, just throw the lot up on GameGavel. At least that way you won't be whacked with fees as badly. Not to mention you're supporting a local(ish) business v/s the corporate stupidity that is EBay.

My response to the broken English response is simple.

" In future have eyes checked. Eyes that not checked leave empty boxes that not fill in." ;) :D

And yes, the attached picture is silly. View it as such. :D

Hex.

[ Now that we've derailed stuff, lets get back to the EBay is jumping the shark commentary. ]

post-3934-127090326012_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

More to the point, what does being "loaded" with Fluoride have to do with interfering with a person's ability to comprehend language, or is this another Illuminati-style conspiracy theory?

I am glad to see it wasn't only me that was scratching his head over that comment. I understand that the gene pool needs a little more chlorine, but fluoride?

I thought fluoride was good for your teeth? I remember those treatments as most disgusting. No, I would not recommend fluoride to anyone.

So this thread needs stronger teeth, or maybe it is just disgusting? Or maybe the thread contributors need more to be poisoned by the massive fluoride conspiracy? I am going to lose some sleep over this one....

More to the point, what does being "loaded" with Fluoride have to do with interfering with a person's ability to comprehend language, or is this another Illuminati-style conspiracy theory?

I am glad to see it wasn't only me that was scratching his head over that comment. I understand that the gene pool needs a little more chlorine, but fluoride?

Possibly a Dr Strangelove reference?

• 2 weeks later...

"please provide

game disk."

"Does not hardly" is a Double Negative and yes it is not a proper usage of English.

• Like 1

Here are the 2 photos I used for the 3DO auction...

It's obvious that you used your fancy-schmancy laser printer to print up fancy-schmancy labels and adhere them to your pirated goods. And then you printed the CD inserts on glossy paper. Obviously.

• 3 weeks later...

"Does not hardly" is a Double Negative and yes it is not a proper usage of English.

I hope you aren't saying Double Negative's are not proper English?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

While they are usually discouraged, there is nothing "improper" in their use.

Unless you use them improperly. ;-)

Also, for those who distrust wikipedia.

From - http://www.jimloy.com/language/double.htm

"I cannot disagree with you," is good English, and is a double negative. Removing the double negative ("I agree with you") changes the meaning of the sentence, as the double negative is more tentative.

desiv

I hope you aren't saying Double Negative's are not proper English?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_negative

While they are usually discouraged, there is nothing "improper" in their use.

Unless you use them improperly. ;-)

Also, for those who distrust wikipedia.

From - http://www.jimloy.com/language/double.htm

"I cannot disagree with you," is good English, and is a double negative. Removing the double negative ("I agree with you") changes the meaning of the sentence, as the double negative is more tentative.

desiv

In all fairness, both pages give a fairly hideous treatment of the subject.

Trying to white wash it by claiming usage in dialects and vernacular is a fallacy.

Using that argument, one could claim that text messages sent by teenagers are vernacular and hence correct usage.

"Do U C what i mean"

Any style guide will tell you that double negative are bad.

The ambiguity they introduce (as seen in several of the 'examples') is a big problem.

ie: "we don't need no education" should mean "we need education", but that isn't what Roger Waters meant.

Also, the statement " 'I cannot disagree with you,' is good English" is deliciously ironic, since not only is the phrase improper, but "is good English" is also poor grammar. "is proper English" would be correct.

And now back to our regular show...

• Like 1

Indeed...I couldn't care less about arguments over grammar, as they don't have anything to contribute to the topic.

Normally I would agree, but this one was kind of funny. I mean c'mon, kcal bombs on some poor phone jockey (most likely forgien) for typing some "broken english" but then the sentence he typed was full of mistakes too, that is classic :D

How does 'hardly' and 'does not' equal a double negative? Hardly means at the very least a little bit = (positive), and does not means none = (negative). So they are not a double negative. And even if they were it is still completely permissable to use in writing.

What do they teach kids nowadays.. :-)

Double Negatives, if used properly and with intent, are NOT bad/improper English.

They are frequently used improperly, and therefor are frowned upon.

Oh well..

desiv

I dunno about nowadays, but the nuns were pretty vicious to us in the 70's for improper grammar :P

I dunno about nowadays, but the nuns were pretty vicious to us in the 70's for improper grammar :P

Nuns? That explains it!

The Jesuits weren't so violent, unless we were butchering Latin. :P

desiv

(p.s. I'm not going beyond this, as Catholic education conversations tend to end up in the same place nowadays..)