IGNORED

Jagfest X - Retro Revival

The_Laird

Right everybody I have had a crazy mad day today as the Chiltern Hotel cancelled on me again after I already moved the dates once and wanted more money too so ended up telling them to stick it!

But I did manage to find a new venue not so far away on the original dates I wanted!

So ladies and gentlemen I proudly present:

Jagfest X - Retro Revival

This years event will feature the following:

* Gauntlet 2 - Full 4 Player experience!

* The Atari Owl Project - See how the Jag's most exciting new game is progressing!

* Multi Format Gaming - Including all the Atari machines along side Sega, Nintendo, Philips and even modern consoles!

* Gaming Tournaments - Win lots of prizes!

* Coders Corner - Speak to real programmers and get the insight on all their projects!

* 16/32 Systems Webshop - A host of great Atari items you can buy at discount prices!

* Jaguar VR - A chance to experience this lost wonder!

* Secret Projects - Now that would be telling!

I will leave others to announce more and I will add to it as we get nearer to the event. Feel free to drop me a PM or post here if you have any questions!

Here is the website for the hotel - Thistle Hotel - St. Albans

The hotel also has a gym, pool and spa for those wanting to bring their wives or partners along and as the ancient city of St. Albans also has wonderful shops, a cathedral and the remains of Roman's 3rd biggest city Verulamiam there is plenty to see.

Ticket and room prices will be announced as soon as I have a rough idea of numbers and here back from the hotel itself about discounts!

post-16579-127067249894_thumb.jpg

Edited by The_Laird

• 2 weeks later...

Room prices are now confirmed.

£70 per night / £35 per night based on 2 sharing a twin room.

For a person on their own I am afraid its alot more expensive than last year but the hotel has twin rooms available which will work out tons cheaper and also please bear in mind that the following is included in the price:

* Choice of breakfasts

* Use of the gym & pool

* Free spa treatments

* Free internet

I have 20 rooms reserved for us based on those prices (mostly twins) but the hotel urge that people book early as its a really popular hotel in a tourist location. Also one people know they are coming can they please confirm to me as the quicker I get an idea of numbers the quicker I can set the ticket price!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems there has been some problems with people booking rooms so just want to clarify a few details:

We now have our own special booking line for room the number is 01727 854252

Please quote JAGFES2509 for the discounted rate.

Please let me know when you have booked and if you have anymore problems.

Update . . . .

Ticket prices now confirmed:

£15 for a Visitor day pass

£25 for the Exhibitor ricket

Please see out brand new WEBSITE for more information!

Hope to see as many people there as possible and please confirm to me when you are coming!

Edited by The_Laird

• 3 weeks later...

I'm considering going but I would like to know that its going to be a reasonably well attended event

Barnie

We had around 30 people last year and it was organized late with almost no notice after I took up the reigns. I expect even better numbers this years and already have a lot of confirmed attendees :cool:

I'm considering going but I would like to know that its going to be a reasonably well attended event

Barnie

What is your definition of reasonably well attended? It would be better attended if you came.

Numbers vary year to year but is generally in the 20-30 range although it has been as high as 50. Numbers were down a little last year but respecatable considering the "credit cruch" which probably prevented some people from atteneding espically our friends from mainland Europe.

Keep an eye on the website list of attendees, we have announced quite early this year a lot of our regular attendees will probably only look for signs of it this year event around mid July so I would expect the list of attendees to pick up from then on.

Barnie

What is your definition of reasonably well attended? It would be better attended if you came.

Numbers vary year to year but is generally in the 20-30 range although it has been as high as 50. Numbers were down a little last year but respecatable considering the "credit cruch" which probably prevented some people from atteneding espically our friends from mainland Europe.

Keep an eye on the website list of attendees, we have announced quite early this year a lot of our regular attendees will probably only look for signs of it this year event around mid July so I would expect the list of attendees to pick up from then on.

You definitely need to add names as soon as people confirm. Which other sites are you actively promoting the show?? If a site like retrocomputermuseum.com can get over 100 people attending events then surely the expanded jag scene should be able to do something similar?? I know there are Jag lovers on that site as they enjoyed playing the VR! The Eurocon has been around for years too & managed to sell out their allocation (size restrictions of the venue!) of 80- tickets already! :P

I send Stephen a list of names to add to the site today as alot of people have confirmed they are coming now. I have got a ton of emails in the last week :cool:

Jagfest X is advertised on all the Atari sites and on Retro Gamer too which I only did today and its getting interest already. I also have somebody to do T-Shirts now too.

You can add me to that list too! just booked my tickets today :D

Looking forward to this, never been to anything like it :)

Will be cool to have a new face! Be sure to let me know if you are bringing anything with you so I can allocate you a table (we ran out last year)

Very tempted to come this year, the only issue is the higher cost and travel.

I know it sounds strange but it maybe an idea to pair up with someone for one of the rooms, anyone thinking about staying the entire weekend?

I was thinking of maybe putting something on the site or here about room sharing as I think alot of people will want to. Most of the people already announced are staying for the whole weekend. Maybe you should speak to Mr. Harlow Thund3r as he is in your neck of the woods anyway!

Very tempted to come this year, the only issue is the higher cost and travel.

I know it sounds strange but it maybe an idea to pair up with someone for one of the rooms, anyone thinking about staying the entire weekend?

I was thinking of maybe putting something on the site or here about room sharing as I think alot of people will want to. Most of the people already announced are staying for the whole weekend. Maybe you should speak to Mr. Harlow Thund3r as he is in your neck of the woods anyway!

Would be good to discuss it on the official forums, maybe when i get home i'll open it for discussion. I shared a room with Mr Harlow one year and hes a great guy but you really got a be a deep sleeper to share a room with him ;)

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it will work but the website now has a room share facility on the Tickets & Accomdation page for anyone who may want to use it.

Basically anyone looking to share a room provides the relavent details which are then displayed on the website so that others looking to room share can get in contact with you.

See the Tickets & Accomodation page for more details.

Sorry guys, but I don't think i'll be able to make it this year. Too much going on with my friends getting married in Italy later that week! Please remove me from the list :sad:

Damn thats a real shame, Jagfest won't be the same without you :sad:

Sorry guys, but I don't think i'll be able to make it this year. Too much going on with my friends getting married in Italy later that week! Please remove me from the list :sad:

I'll be there in spirit! Shame as it would have been my last one too! Guess thatll be last years now!!

I'll be there in spirit! Shame as it would have been my last one too! Guess thatll be last years now!!

Ahh, thats a real shame Gaz, I hope your friends wedding goes well and hopefully you can attend in the new future.

I always wanted to go to Britain.If i were to go for a couple days should i get a visitors pass or exhibitors pass?

Do you mean go to Britain for a couple of days or the JagFest? Technically the visitors pass is only valid for Saturday (daytime) so if you wanted to attend both days and the evening/night sessions you would need an exhibitors pass unless the organiser says otherwise.

Sorry guys, but I don't think i'll be able to make it this year.

You have been syaing that for the last 4 JagFests but ususally appear so I'll believe it when I don't see it!

Edited by Stephen Moss