IGNORED

April Meeting?

Hmm... August 28th is a possibility. We're out of town the weekend before and I don't think we have any plans...

It sure would be nice if my notifications for this thread were working... :ponder:

I haven't been on AA a whole lot in the last several months while I've been focusing on working on my tractor. There's just not enough my attention to go around. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Is this still on? Also, are we still doing it at my place? I need to know so I can plan.

Just a heads up though, if we do it at my place we'll be confined to my upstairs game room or down in the basement because the wife wants a quiet place to talk with the other non-gamers. The 360 (and possibly the Wii) will be up there by then and I've rearranged things so there's more space, but it's still small. Just a warning.

Tempest

greetings fellows!

I would like to say that I should be available for the most part on august 28… but I'll have to be a late arrivial - I will be at work until 2:30, and would have to head home to refresh and bring anything that I would bring along… I'll be by myself as the wife will be at home with the children and she has said it's ok for me to hang out…

I still have your number, Tempest, so I can call you as it comes close to that time if that's alright?

Is this still on? Also, are we still doing it at my place? I need to know so I can plan.

Just a heads up though, if we do it at my place we'll be confined to my upstairs game room or down in the basement because the wife wants a quiet place to talk with the other non-gamers. The 360 (and possibly the Wii) will be up there by then and I've rearranged things so there's more space, but it's still small. Just a warning.

Tempest

Am planning on driving over with Chris to Marvin's and then your place Matt. My wife will not be able to be there and am not for sure on Dalum yet as he has a business to run now plus a few other personal things to take care of.

So what time are we looking at to meet? I know we are looking at a early time to get together for a late lunch/early dinner and am sure we will need directions again to your place as well.

I think getting to Marvin's around noon or 1:00 would be best. That way we can get something to eat around 4-5 and be back at my place by 6-7ish (Marvin's is about 45 min from my place unfortunately).

I can send directions through PMs or have maps there. It's pretty easy to find, and almost all expressway driving.

Tempest

what do you fellows have in mind for eating? I'll have to miss the first half as I'll be at work, but I'll be arriving home at about 3 o'clock and should be out the door no later than 4 o'clock…

I'll need directions again if it is no trouble…

is there anything of interest I may bring?

if anyone is bringing things to sell, I am actively seeking games for the following Atari hardware:

Lynx

Jaguar

Farmington Hills has a number of places to eat, it all depends on what we're in the mood for. I know of a very good Chinese place that's close by.

Feel free to bring whatever. Upstairs I'll have a 360, Wii, DC, a modded Saturn, Turbo Duo, 7800, 8-bit, Apple II, Coleco ADAM, Amiga, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo, and PS2 hooked up. Downstairs in the basement I'll have everything else you can think of (no CD-i or original Xbox though). The PS3 is in the family room which my wife has declared a 'video game free' zone, so unless we have a good reason to use it, I'd count that one out. :)

Oh and let me know if anyone is bringing their wives so I can let my wife know. She'd love to talk to some 'non gaming' people.

Also, if we want to play with the Turbo Duo can someone please bring some decent 'party' style games? I generally only have single player games and RPGs. Bomberman 93/94 would be cool.

Tempest

I think getting to Marvin's around noon or 1:00 would be best. That way we can get something to eat around 4-5 and be back at my place by 6-7ish (Marvin's is about 45 min from my place unfortunately).

I can send directions through PMs or have maps there. It's pretty easy to find, and almost all expressway driving.

Tempest

Ok sounds good let's plan for 1 o'clock then and we can figure out what and where to eat once we are there. : )

Farmington Hills has a number of places to eat, it all depends on what we're in the mood for. I know of a very good Chinese place that's close by.

[snip]

Oh and let me know if anyone is bringing their wives so I can let my wife know. She'd love to talk to some 'non gaming' people.

Also, if we want to play with the Turbo Duo can someone please bring some decent 'party' style games? I generally only have single player games and RPGs. Bomberman 93/94 would be cool.

Tempest

I just put it on my calendar. If my wife is feeling okay, she'll make it too.

Any interest in playing games from my modded original Xbox with a huge number of games on the hard drive including emulators and DOA Volleyball sans bikinis?

Harry

Edited by Harry_Dodgson

[snip]

Tempest

I just put it on my calendar. If my wife is feeling okay, she'll make it too.

Any interest in playing games from my modded original Xbox with a huge number of games on the hard drive including emulators and DOA Volleyball sans bikinis?

Harry

Hey Harry the more games the merrier right? Wish my wife could make it this time but school will be starting for her. Can't wait to see you there buddy. : )

If so and so is bringing their xbox I am bringing Halo....for the Atari 2600..looks nice and I havnt got around to testing the two I purhcased..so it shall bring fun...I am also bring my mame pc....

with xbox controller usb's! It will be exciting!

Oh and some trade swag..Im looking for homebrews if anyone wants to trade some and Zeta, I have some saturn spine cards for yai f interested.....$500..haha just kidding. we can talk about it if you are there...

If so and so is bringing their xbox I am bringing Halo....for the Atari 2600..looks nice and I havnt got around to testing the two I purhcased..so it shall bring fun...I am also bring my mame pc....

with xbox controller usb's! It will be exciting!

Oh and some trade swag..Im looking for homebrews if anyone wants to trade some and Zeta, I have some saturn spine cards for yai f interested.....$500..haha just kidding. we can talk about it if you are there...

Mame PC - we'll have lots of that then. What with Matt's Mame cabinet and I have Mame on the XBox plus your PC.

I played Halo 2600 a bit at CGE. Looked good, but plays like a slow version of Berzerk IMHO.

My MAME cab may not be accessible, I need to clear out that corner of the basement. There are lots of empty boxes in the way at the moment. If we're using a projector, can someone bring a large white sheet to hang as a screen?

BTW who is all coming (gamers and wives)? I need to plan.

Tempest

My MAME cab may not be accessible, I need to clear out that corner of the basement. There are lots of empty boxes in the way at the moment. If we're using a projector, can someone bring a large white sheet to hang as a screen?

Tempest

Sadly Mrs.Jboypacman will be unable to attend due to starting school and because of work. : (

Tempest...I was just bringing my tower and controllers with keyboard and mouse ...will you have an ouput available for the pc I am bringing. basic Dell tower needs speakers to run sound or should I bring those as well as a monitor?

Not in the basement, no. I think we'll be good on the entertainment though, no need to lug around a computer for MAME stuff.

Tempest

Tempest...I was just bringing my tower and controllers with keyboard and mouse ...will you have an ouput available for the pc I am bringing. basic Dell tower needs speakers to run sound or should I bring those as well as a monitor?

Not in the basement, no. I think we'll be good on the entertainment though, no need to lug around a computer for MAME stuff.

Tempest

No worries...thats staying to home, but Im bringing Halo...I hope there will be an atari there....haha!