IGNORED

April Meeting?

Great time even if I do remind some people of the guy from That One Show!

That wasn't you, that was the other guy. I think he came with Eric.

Tempest

Eric came solo. LOL

Ok, then I'm not sure who he came with. He was the guy playing with the 'adult' game on the mame cab. :)

Sorry I can't remember his name, I'm terrible with names.

Tempest

Yup that was Scott lol.

Thanks for the video Jboy! Missile Defense 3D was a lot of fun! :cool: :thumbsup:

Had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting Eric, Harry, and Scott!

---

Anyone need a Genesis? Chris Leach has a Genesis. Master System too!

No problem Jason and you are looking too cool with those SMS 3-D glasses on in the video lol.

Hi everyone. Yesterday was really fun. We need to do this again...in a time frame much smaller than the gap between the first two meetings!

So anyway, last night I mentioned Crazy Dion, and his Neo Geo adventures in relation to why I'm sure Chris's MS1 is fake, or in some ways not a %100 legit US version. Even if Dion isn't responsible, the point is that there is too much $$$ involved with Neo Geo crap to trust anyone.

If you want a crash course on Crazy Dion, Neo Geo Freak, etc, I found two good threads:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/47612-Can-someone-explain-to-me-why-I-m-supposed-to-hate-Dion-Dakis

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=676452#post676452

A couple of notes:

1) If you think this guy sounds crazy, too crazy to be real, then...I have news for you. He is even crazier! I was on the Neo Geo mailing list back in the day when he was pulling some of this stuff, and it was surreal, mainly because you usually assume a person can't be lying this hardcore, and going to these insane lengths for a stupid game...but he is.

2) Note that things are so crazy in the Neo Geo world that famous internet gouger Adol is actually considered a good guy here as he was victimized by Crazy Dion.

3) Crazy Dion is still alive, probably not in jail, and actually still sells Neo Geo related stuff on his site. Presumably people still buy it...incredible.

4) Check out the part where he is at CGE shredding legit SNK inserts in public to advertise that he is selling his "corrected" NGF versions.

5) I only skimmed these threads, but I didn't see mention of his service he once offered where he would "officialize" your converted carts. You see, his company was called Neo Geo Freak, which is a name he directly stole from the Japanese magazine of the same name. He offered a conversion service, which on the surface is a totally legit service, I think we can all agree, but anything he converted was a "Official Neo Geo Freak" conversion, as noted by the horrible void stickers he put on all of them. He would go on the mailing list and tell everyone that NGF's conversions were the best, all others were dodgy, etc. But here is the best part, if you already had a cart converted, and you wanted it to be as awesome as a NGF conversion, then you could send it to him and he would "officialize" it for some stupid amount of money. In other words, you would pay to have him put a fucking void sticker on your cart with his company's name on it. Its been officialized!

Tempest...

Where did you get that nifty StarGate poster that you had hanging in the basement? I really like the look of that poster. Are there others like it? If that for atari 2600, the arcade version or something else?

Your collection is amazing in person! Completely different than just seeing the pictures online!

Hi everyone. Yesterday was really fun. We need to do this again...in a time frame much smaller than the gap between the first two meetings!

So anyway, last night I mentioned Crazy Dion, and his Neo Geo adventures in relation to why I'm sure Chris's MS1 is fake, or in some ways not a %100 legit US version. Even if Dion isn't responsible, the point is that there is too much $$$ involved with Neo Geo crap to trust anyone.

If you want a crash course on Crazy Dion, Neo Geo Freak, etc, I found two good threads:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/tnl/threads/47612-Can-someone-explain-to-me-why-I-m-supposed-to-hate-Dion-Dakis

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=676452#post676452

A couple of notes:

1) If you think this guy sounds crazy, too crazy to be real, then...I have news for you. He is even crazier! I was on the Neo Geo mailing list back in the day when he was pulling some of this stuff, and it was surreal, mainly because you usually assume a person can't be lying this hardcore, and going to these insane lengths for a stupid game...but he is.

2) Note that things are so crazy in the Neo Geo world that famous internet gouger Adol is actually considered a good guy here as he was victimized by Crazy Dion.

3) Crazy Dion is still alive, probably not in jail, and actually still sells Neo Geo related stuff on his site. Presumably people still buy it...incredible.

4) Check out the part where he is at CGE shredding legit SNK inserts in public to advertise that he is selling his "corrected" NGF versions.

5) I only skimmed these threads, but I didn't see mention of his service he once offered where he would "officialize" your converted carts. You see, his company was called Neo Geo Freak, which is a name he directly stole from the Japanese magazine of the same name. He offered a conversion service, which on the surface is a totally legit service, I think we can all agree, but anything he converted was a "Official Neo Geo Freak" conversion, as noted by the horrible void stickers he put on all of them. He would go on the mailing list and tell everyone that NGF's conversions were the best, all others were dodgy, etc. But here is the best part, if you already had a cart converted, and you wanted it to be as awesome as a NGF conversion, then you could send it to him and he would "officialize" it for some stupid amount of money. In other words, you would pay to have him put a fucking void sticker on your cart with his company's name on it. Its been officialized!

Maybe we could try for a October meeting and Zeta could host again and seeing as Marvin's was a bust we could option for Pete's again or just skip all of that and just meet early for games and delivered pizza. Just my random thoughts guys. :D

Yeah, we can do my place in October. I already talked with some of the guys about next time everyone should bring a "weird" game. Maybe we can modify that and make it spooky/Haloween games. I do NOT mean grisly horrible shite like Resident Evil, but stuff like Cotton or Pocky and Rocky. OG/cute stuff, not mentally scaring like Silent Hill.

Maybe I'll do the house up for the Halloween and everything.

Sound good?

Yeah, we can do my place in October. I already talked with some of the guys about next time everyone should bring a "weird" game. Maybe we can modify that and make it spooky/Haloween games. I do NOT mean grisly horrible shite like Resident Evil, but stuff like Cotton or Pocky and Rocky. OG/cute stuff, not mentally scaring like Silent Hill.

Maybe I'll do the house up for the Halloween and everything.

Sound good?

I love it! As long it's my weekend off i should be good and could crash at your place again. Now i need to find a game fitting of the event hmmmm.

Tempest...

Where did you get that nifty StarGate poster that you had hanging in the basement? I really like the look of that poster. Are there others like it? If that for atari 2600, the arcade version or something else?

Your collection is amazing in person! Completely different than just seeing the pictures online!

I got it from Best years ago. They're sold out now unfortunately. They called it a Stargate Wall Scroll IIRC. The funny thing about it is that it says for the VCS (2600) and Computers (8-bit). Obviously the 8-bit version never came out. :)

I'm down for October, but I'm gone the 29th.

Tempest

signing in to say thanks to Tempest for hosting! I had a great time and was great to get out and see everyone! I regret my late arrival but still happy I was able to enjoy some fellowship…

thanks to EricDeLee for the trade! I've been enjoying Todd's Adventures in Slime World ALOT!

For Chris, I'll be picking up those boxes when I get out of here today!

I would like to pencil myself in for October - for SignOfZeta, what area are you located?

again, I had a great time and always looking forward to the next time!