IGNORED

Free Atari 8-bit stuff in the SF Bay Area

Big_Mo

Hey all:

THIS IS NOT A SALE.

I've been going through my garage and find I have a couple of extra XLs (800 and 1200), a 1050, a printer, plotter, some carts, etc. I need to get rid of the redundant pieces, and was wondering if there are any locals who could use any of it. I'd rather donate the stuff to someone local who really wants it rather than selling it. I'm in San Francisco, so if you're in the area and interested let me know.

I'm not looking to ship any of it.

I will come pick it up tonight! Pm sent, call me...

Hey all:

THIS IS NOT A SALE.

I've been going through my garage and find I have a couple of extra XLs (800 and 1200), a 1050, a printer, plotter, some carts, etc. I need to get rid of the redundant pieces, and was wondering if there are any locals who could use any of it. I'd rather donate the stuff to someone local who really wants it rather than selling it. I'm in San Francisco, so if you're in the area and interested let me know.

Whoops, sent that from my iPhone and apologize for the double post.

Hey all:

THIS IS NOT A SALE.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a great time hanging out with Big_Mo this morning. Super nice guy with lots of great stories! We had some coffee and took a nice walk around.

I did pick up the 1200 (yay!) and some other stuff and will be giving a lot of it away (for karmic purposes). The one thing I really would like to give away immediately, however, is an Atari 1025 printer. I unfortunately have no use for it. The bad thing is that it is heavy for shipping, but if you want it I can probably help out with it a little bit. Just want to pass it along.

Maurice, great to meet you and my door is aways open if you are on this side of the Bay!

EDIT: any tips on cleaning out a 1200XL keyboard? Some of they keys are non-working so I am going to see what's inside. Have my eraser and rubbing alcohol handy...

EDIT: any tips on cleaning out a 1200XL keyboard? Some of they keys are non-working so I am going to see what's inside. Have my eraser and rubbing alcohol handy...

See this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/104583-tipstricksproducts-used-in-restoration/

BTW, I had a damaged and largely non-functioning 1200XL keyboard in one of my two machines.

I bought a replacement from Best Electronics a month ago. I am happy to report that the new keyboard works flawlessly.

Had a great time hanging out with Big_Mo this morning. Super nice guy with lots of great stories! We had some coffee and took a nice walk around.

I did pick up the 1200 (yay!) and some other stuff and will be giving a lot of it away (for karmic purposes). The one thing I really would like to give away immediately, however, is an Atari 1025 printer. I unfortunately have no use for it. The bad thing is that it is heavy for shipping, but if you want it I can probably help out with it a little bit. Just want to pass it along.

Maurice, great to meet you and my door is aways open if you are on this side of the Bay!

I just purchased a 1200XL with most of the keys not working, but found that just hitting each key repeatedly eventually cleared up the problem.

I just purchased a 1200XL with most of the keys not working, but found that just hitting each key repeatedly eventually cleared up the problem.

Yeah that happens because gunk and corrosion builds up on the membrane underneath the keys. Your method usually works for a little while but if you want a permanent solution you're going to have to open it up and wipe it off.

Tempest